madden 08 on the ps3

I'd play ya, but my wireless connection in the basement tends to go in and out.

So you have the ps3 version and think it owns? I've played 3 games and I don't really like it at all. And the with the big deal made about the framerate being half that of the 360 version, it really does affect the game. It isn't that smooth. I'll give it another week or so. It just doesn't feel like a Madden game at all, which is what I wanted.

[quote name='DAngerer09' post='527818' date='Aug 14 2007, 11:10 PM']I'd play ya, but my wireless connection in the basement tends to go in and out.

So you have the ps3 version and think it owns? I've played 3 games and I don't really like it at all. And the with the big deal made about the framerate being half that of the 360 version, it really does affect the game. It isn't that smooth. I'll give it another week or so. It just doesn't feel like a Madden game at all, which is what I wanted.[/quote]

last night 5 of my friends and I played for a few hours and everyone of them think its the best madden yet.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='528291' date='Aug 15 2007, 07:02 PM']im interested to see it on the PS3, madden destroys ncaa on the 360, im gonna sell ncaa back now that i have madden.[/quote]

I too would like to see both playing. Perhaps it'll be rigged up at a Best Buy or something. The Wii version is pretty much as you'd expect. The graphics are nothing compared to the 360, but the controls are cake, and mini games are fun.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='528291' date='Aug 15 2007, 07:02 PM']im interested to see it on the PS3, madden destroys ncaa on the 360, im gonna sell ncaa back now that i have madden.[/quote]

I too bought both Ncaa and Madden and Ncaa is now sitting on the shelf of one of the local used game stores as we speak. the graphics were decent on Ncaa but Madden def. owned this round!

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='528592' date='Aug 16 2007, 10:21 AM']I too bought both Ncaa and Madden and Ncaa is now sitting on the shelf of one of the local used game stores as we speak. the graphics were decent on Ncaa but Madden def. owned this round![/quote]

yea, this is the first ncaa game i ever owned it was worth having a new football game, but i wont eve play it again.

i just destroyed teh browns, ravens almost beat me, then browns sucked bad, frye threw 7 INT;s 5 ran back for TD's. offense only scored 2 TD's. palmer threw 2 picks. bastard

[quote name='GoBengals' post='528663' date='Aug 16 2007, 12:57 PM']yea, this is the first ncaa game i ever owned it was worth having a new football game, but i wont eve play it again.

i just destroyed teh browns, ravens almost beat me, then browns sucked bad, frye threw 7 INT;s 5 ran back for TD's. offense only scored 2 TD's. palmer threw 2 picks. bastard[/quote]

What difficulty level are you playing on?

i have played ncaa on both systems. I played the 360 version on my DLP and the PS3 version on my brothers LCD. The difference in graphics was not as much as i expected with the PS3 version only being in 720. The sound on the PS3 version was way better.

[b]so i mentiond before that my son had shoved like 4 or 5 games into my PS3 and that it wasn't working anymore. so i finally got off my ass and deciede to call someone to fix it. this guy that was going to fix it told me since the system hasn't been out for a whole year yet that it would be under warrenty and better off calling Sony. Thank God that i did that, cause had he tried to fix it it would of voided the warrenty right away, and if he couldn't fix it i would be shit outta luck, cause he would have to break the warrent seal if he would of opend it, which is most likely is what he would of had to do. i called Sony and their just going to send me a new one :o, just that easy. they were very polite on the phone and very professional. can't wait to get my new one, and im going to put it up after i play every time for sure.[/b]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='528989' date='Aug 17 2007, 02:35 AM'][b]so i mentiond before that my son had shoved like 4 or 5 games into my PS3 and that it wasn't working anymore. so i finally got off my ass and deciede to call someone to fix it. this guy that was going to fix it told me since the system hasn't been out for a whole year yet that it would be under warrenty and better off calling Sony. Thank God that i did that, cause had he tried to fix it it would of voided the warrenty right away, and if he couldn't fix it i would be shit outta luck, cause he would have to break the warrent seal if he would of opend it, which is most likely is what he would of had to do. i called Sony and their just going to send me a new one :o, just that easy. they were very polite on the phone and very professional. can't wait to get my new one, and im going to put it up after i play every time for sure.[/b][/quote]

you need to put that kid in a cage. he has pissed on your bigscreen tv, and broke your ps3. when i picture you kid all i can see is jr from problem child.
[img]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6723/solitaire10fy6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='whodey24k' post='528994' date='Aug 17 2007, 02:47 AM']you need to put that kid in a cage. he has pissed on your bigscreen tv, and broke your ps3. when i picture you kid all i can see is jr from problem child.
[img]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6723/solitaire10fy6.jpg[/img][/quote]

he's actually a real good kid, just going through his terrible two's. <_< i've done some major shit when i was young. not that i could remember but from the stories my parents tell me. one i was 4 my dad's job gave him a gold watch as a gift and i took it one day and just gave it to some dude in the neiborhood, don't even know why :shrug: but i made his day, and my dad beat the shit outta me.

[quote name='mongo' post='529437' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:29 PM'][url="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23508.html"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23508.html[/url]

There's the comparison video of ps3 and 360[/quote]

Interesting.

By my eye the 360 appears to have slightly better graphics in terms of sharper and better colors.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='529443' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:39 PM']Interesting.

By my eye the 360 appears to have slightly better graphics in terms of sharper and better colors.[/quote]

Plus that extra 30 fps that doesn't show up well on internet posted videos. Ah well, both looker better than my Wii version, and I just don't care. :D

Dig the version you have, and make sure the Bengals always win.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='529139' date='Aug 17 2007, 12:40 PM']On the PS3, does it seem like you're farther away when actual gameplay is happening? I was playing '07 on my brother-in-law's 55" last weekend, so it may be my imagination, but I'm still playing on a 46", so it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Any thoughts?[/quote]

after lookngi at the trailers mongo posted it looks like the 360 is a closer view.. thats kinda odd.

[quote name='mongo' post='529437' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:29 PM'][url="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23508.html"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23508.html[/url]

There's the comparison video of ps3 and 360[/quote]

thanks for posting,
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='529443' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:39 PM']Interesting.

By my eye the 360 appears to have slightly better graphics in terms of sharper and better colors.[/quote]

i wonder if that was hdmi vs hdmi or "out of the box"... if thats hdmi vs hdmi the ps3 is poopoo. but i would guess its hdmi vs component like out of box,. tho i didnt read anything about the video to even see...

anyone less lazy than me?

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='533062' date='Aug 24 2007, 07:06 PM']they should probably think about taking the gray off half the screen. My Madden looks stupidly clearer than that. Of course I don't tend to use the "add gray" on my TV.they should probably think about taking the gray off half the screen. My Madden looks stupidly clearer than that. Of course I don't tend to use the "add gray" on my TV.[/quote]

[img]http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg[/img]

Archived