GoBengals take on the game and looking forward.

Granted the Offensive line today was putrid, but in all honesty, that isn't truly where the problem is. Hell, we can have a all pro line but the fact of the matter is that we still have to play defense. Larry Johnson hasn't done squat all year, he faces us and looks like he never missed a beat. Damon Huard never really struck fear in me but today he looked like the second coming Joe Montana. Who the Fvck is J. Webb (7 Catches 78) he had Leon Hall looking like he never payed corner in his life.

I can agree that there are some things that need to be done on the O, but even if the Perry's, Irons and Henry's came back, point of the matter is that you still have to play Defense. Or would you just rather get in a shootout every week and hope that this sorry (_0_) D steps up and makes a play.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569962' date='Oct 14 2007, 07:49 PM']the scored with ease on the first drive too. its the in between and keeping drives going, maybe a dump off to perry gets a single extra first down, instead of teh incomplete pass to tj or chad, that single drive could be a TD isntead of a punt for the one play. and this game woulda been tied...
single person single play.

do we line up on 3rd and 1 or two before that 4th down try with 4 wide and perry in the backfield, make the defense single cover and cover perry as a draw and or dump off threat for a single yard gain.
it changes a LOT of scenarios. one guy

add 1-2 more guys on defense, and it can be gamechanging.[/quote]
Now you're just being a fucking Homer.
But, as they say, I guess when you're at rock bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up...the Browns and Ravens both won big today....sweet!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='569959' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:48 PM']Fuck the Pats, did we convert any against the miserable Chiefs? I know we were 0/10 at one point....UNACCEPTABLE!
UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Defense aside, which is it's own worst nightmare set of issues, I am actually more disappointed in our offense...bad blocking, Carson missing/fumbling, Chad being his whiny bitch self YET AGAIN...7 points in the first half....UNACCEPTABLE!
Game ball? TJ Houshmanzadeh, your favorite player. He is the best WR in the fucking NFL right now. Statistically speaking, of course.
Hell, TJ is our MVP right now, if being an MVP on a sorry-assed, poorly coached, severely injured losing team would actually mean something, which of course, it doesn't.
You are WAYYYY too optimistic.
maybe you are just trying to prevent a board meltdown but I say let it melt. This team has earned and shown NOTHING in terms of being a tough and together football team.
For all our supposed talent, we are pure garbage.[/quote]

Bung, your right..not acceptable at all but break it down..
Oline was bad.. Levi was bad and got benched then they shift everyone.
Continuity for at least one game would help... Whit, Andrews, Bluto, Williams, Koos....Id go with them. they played well in the final quarter .....
Defense........Dline is what it is.. need another DT thats for sure.. get the backers healthy...those guys were sucking air in the second half with no one to replace them..props to them for that..
Hall is a rook and is getting his fair share of adversity...
Its bad but its not hopeless.....
Until they lose 7 games theyre still in it so why give up before its over.. You wouldnt want the players to would you?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='569964' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:51 PM']Now you're just being a fucking Homer.
But, as they say, I guess when you're at rock bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up...the Browns and Ravens both won big today....sweet![/quote]

ha, how am i wrong at all? homer nothing. homer is saying we could still sweep the season. hell im not even planning on making the playoffs.

just saw both the others won..

we are 2 games out of 3rd, 2.5 out of 2nd, and 3 games out of 1st place.

10 games to play. 4 of which against the teams above us..

[quote name='Bunghole' post='569964' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:51 PM']Now you're just being a fucking Homer.
But, as they say, I guess when you're at rock bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up...the Browns and Ravens both won big today....sweet![/quote]

there is SOME truth to it. Ask the Colts what kind of difference Bob Sanders makes to their defense. Putting Jeanty, Brooks, Joseph, and Caleb (yes Caleb) certainly can't hurt our chances.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='569959' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:48 PM']Fuck the Pats, did we convert any against the miserable Chiefs? I know we were 0/10 at one point....UNACCEPTABLE!
UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Defense aside, which is it's own worst nightmare set of issues, I am actually more disappointed in our offense...bad blocking, Carson missing/fumbling, Chad being his whiny bitch self YET AGAIN...7 points in the first half....UNACCEPTABLE!
Game ball? TJ Houshmanzadeh, your favorite player. He is the best WR in the fucking NFL right now. Statistically speaking, of course.
Hell, TJ is our MVP right now, if being an MVP on a sorry-assed, poorly coached, severely injured losing team would actually mean something, which of course, it doesn't.
You are WAYYYY too optimistic.
maybe you are just trying to prevent a board meltdown but I say let it melt. This team has earned and shown NOTHING in terms of being a tough and together football team.
For all our supposed talent, we are pure garbage.[/quote]

your right i should deffinetly be pissing and moaning on the internet about a football team i have nothing to do with..... im not too optomistic, i just have better things to do than get depressed over football, and look at the facts of the standings, schedule and players, everything i ahve said is possible without miracles involved. its just football, take a deep breath blanco nino

I just have to say....before the draft, Leon hall was always said to be slower than the rest of the CBs coming out. We know what happened with Keiwan Ratliff. You don't draft cornerbacks without top speed, especially for this team, since the WRs are gonna have all day to get open. He's not gonna amount to shit on this team...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569972' date='Oct 14 2007, 07:56 PM']your right i should deffinetly be pissing and moaning on the internet about a football team i have nothing to do with..... im not too optomistic, i just have better things to do than get depressed over football, and look at the facts of the standings, schedule and players, everything i ahve said is possible without miracles involved. its just football, take a deep breath blanco nino[/quote]
I'm not depressed at all...just pissed off that our "team" was talking all this garbage about coming out of the bye week at 1-3 with a renewed sense of purpose and that KC was a "must win" and we laid a huge egg instead.
I too, have better things to do, like work and raise my sons, but dammit, I care about the bengals and their success and I have been severely let down by their play this year, and it isn't the injuries. It's FIRE, and we don't have it, and as long as we condone attitudes like that of Mr Chad Johnson, we never will.
OK, I am not blaming this loss on Chad, so don't go there. But his personality and potential fit this team to a tee..all potential and flash and no heart.
This team has NO HEART!!!

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='569973' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:59 PM']I just have to say....before the draft, Leon hall was always said to be slower than the rest of the CBs coming out. We know what happened with Keiwan Ratliff. You don't draft cornerbacks without top speed, especially for this team, since the WRs are gonna have all day to get open. He's not gonna amount to shit on this team...[/quote]
he ran a 4.39 forty at the combine.. how is that slow.. I think he plays off too much but thats not his call ....If Madiue is helping in stopping the run who is helping Hall ? Is he isolated ?

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='569986' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:09 PM']he ran a 4.39 forty at the combine.. how is that slow.. I think he plays off too much but thats not his call ....If Madiue is helping in stopping the run who is helping Hall ? Is he isolated ?[/quote]

Well, the news on him coming out was that he didn't have the elite speed, and after watching him get burned down the field numerous times this years after already playing off his man about 10 yards, I'd have to say that that is true.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='569978' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:02 PM']I'm not depressed at all...just pissed off that our "team" was talking all this garbage about coming out of the bye week at 1-3 with a renewed sense of purpose and that KC was a "must win" and we laid a huge egg instead.
I too, have better things to do, like work and raise my sons, but dammit, I care about the bengals and their success and I have been severely let down by their play this year, and it isn't the injuries. It's FIRE, and we don't have it, and as long as we condone attitudes like that of Mr Chad Johnson, we never will.
OK, I am not blaming this loss on Chad, so don't go there. But his personality and potential fit this team to a tee..all potential and flash and no heart.
This team has NO HEART!!![/quote]

Word......is it him not running the route or Carson making a bad throw.....I say Chad....Tj is getting his ok. <_<

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569972' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:56 PM']your right i should deffinetly be pissing and moaning on the internet about a football team i have nothing to do with..... im not too optomistic, i just have better things to do than get depressed over football, and look at the facts of the standings, schedule and players, everything i ahve said is possible without miracles involved. its just football, take a deep breath blanco nino[/quote]

I think the reason you dont get as down as like me for instance is you have a family, like a wife and at least 1 kid if I recall. I mean, if I had that I dont think I'd get as pissed as I get about football now cause after a loss I'd be able to just hang out with the family etc.....

Right now football sundays is like one of the few joys in life so when cinci sucks like now, there aint much good shit to fall back on sadly. That's why I can't wait to save up money and go to college next near and then in 3 years I'll be on my own hopefully and livin good B)

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569868' date='Oct 14 2007, 08:07 PM']Well,

i have about 4 hours until my plane takes off and im stuck here at the airport. figured i would give a little of what i saw on the sidelines off camera and in the game. Just my opinions and perspective.

Levi jones may have lost his job for a while. yikes, the guy was lazy fat assing it and shouldnt see any playing time until he gets his shit straight. we will likely make 2nd place in the division, face it, the browns are still bad and we have a leg up on the ravens at the moment, so i think the steelers unless we sweep them, have it, as unless we sweep them, it would be tough to do anything but tie them at this point. so 2nd place in the division 8-8 final record 9-7 if we sweep the steelers and take another close one here or there.

1-4 is really tough to come back from, and with the ravens browns and cheifs likely in the hunt for a wildcard come years end. they all except ravens have the first tie breaker.

the offense is missing two pieces, another solid blocker on the line, levi stunk it up, and ghuicec/andrews both missed an easy block at some point. and without rudi much and watson only good for the random run, we can accomplish little. chatman played well, surprisingly. henry back and chatman as #4 would be incredible. but still need a running game. perry? he can practice this week right? might come in REAL handy next week...

if we can hit .500 at the halfway point, we would be working a miracle season. the jets steelers and bills will give us a run, with brooks and jeanty coming back soon, its not impossible, i think beating the jets with a make shift defense another week would put us in a decent position.

the team wasnt down the defense playe dhard, but the mason comets could play their hearts out and get creamed by the cheifs too. we are playing with scrubbs ALL OVER. we are talking second string replacement players at this point. blue adams had a few good plays, plays harder and faster than ratliff for sure.

i hope to hear some good news this week about perry, brooks and jeanty. getting 3-4 players back on the field could make a world of difference.[/quote]

I really doubt we end up in second place. Cleveland would kick our ass right now. And, Baltimore would probably ruin us too. We are not a good team.

Archived