I Need A Job

Bunghole

THE JOB MARKET SUCKS, sorry I don't care what statistic you want to throw out, there are probably statistics that are non-partisan(unlike the governments) that say the exact opposite. The point is not just a shitty job market but shitty pay like everyone else is talking about. Lets be realistic here, people can't even get out of their parents houses until their close to 30 anymore (in Jersey at least). While the cost of living raises wages stay stagnant or raise enough to do absolutely nothing. Let us not pretend that everything is hunky dory because we believe in that little lie they tell us when we're growing up that "everyone can make it and everyone can fulfill the American dream) YEAH FREAKING RIGHT. AND if a person finds themselves saying "I made it" there are probably 1 million people that worked 10 times harder than they did and failed...and no the person who made it was nothing special, just like most of the other fruitcakes.

Sorry sore subject, lol

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='579088' date='Oct 27 2007, 11:48 AM']if a person finds themselves saying "I made it" there are probably 1 million people that worked 10 times harder than they did and failed...and no the person who made it was nothing special, just like most of the other fruitcakes.[/quote]
[img]http://www.billdeore.com/Cartoons/Trump%20and%20Cuban.jpg[/img]

C'mon, everybody who makes it is special.

:ninja:

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='579088' date='Oct 27 2007, 11:48 AM']THE JOB MARKET SUCKS, sorry I don't care what statistic you want to throw out, there are probably statistics that are non-partisan(unlike the governments) that say the exact opposite. The point is not just a shitty job market but shitty pay like everyone else is talking about. Lets be realistic here,[b] people can't even get out of their parents houses until their close to 30 anymore (in Jersey at least).[/b] While the cost of living raises wages stay stagnant or raise enough to do absolutely nothing. Let us not pretend that everything is hunky dory because we believe in that little lie they tell us when we're growing up that "everyone can make it and everyone can fulfill the American dream) YEAH FREAKING RIGHT. AND if a person finds themselves saying "I made it" there are probably 1 million people that worked 10 times harder than they did and failed...and no the person who made it was nothing special, just like most of the other fruitcakes.

Sorry sore subject, lol[/quote]

haha, my roommate is from NJ right outside of NY and its always been that way. A bunch of mommas boys and people with little drive to get out of their parents house before they are 30. Its not that hard to move out. I know shit is expensive as hell out there, but it is completely possible. For many people here, it is embarrasing to be living with your parents past 18-21 years old. In NJ, it is so common that no one feels like they are underachieving in life by allowing themselves to live in their mommy's basement, or spare room. Harder to live on your own, yes. Difficult to live on your own if you have drive and determination, no.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='579073' date='Oct 27 2007, 10:47 AM']Tons. I have sold fine wines for a few years at the Party Source.[/quote]

Maybe try to latch on to a wine distributer like Cutting Edge or others. Wine reps make pretty good money if they get some good accounts.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='578615' date='Oct 26 2007, 10:46 AM']i was going to mention this later but since it's already brought up, my family sold the melting pot here in cincinnati. the new owner takes over on Novermber 1st. we did not put the restaurant for sale or anything, the guy approached us with a killer offer, well over a mill. any ways, we're going to open one in centerville hopefully in April, right down the road from the dayton mall, can't wait. it'll be a new store, but in the mean time, im like you bung, i won't have a job as of november 1st as well <_<[/quote]

Yessssss

I work in Centerville.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='579087' date='Oct 27 2007, 10:38 AM']If lawyers lose so much in tort cases, why do they bother taking them? No one is forcing them to bring these suits.[/quote]

That is precisely why those cases are dying and no one can get a job in those fields anymore, and why no one can get those cases taken. That's how it is in Texas because of Tort Reform. Ohio hasn't really changed yet.

Get your resume on all of the employment websites like Monster, etc... I realize that uprooting your family is definitely not an option, so exploring every option would be my recommendation. Also, get your resume in as many of the big corporations in the area as you can. The options within those organizations tend to be more wide ranging than the "mom and pop" joints. But I'm sure you already are acutely aware of that.

Sadly, the healthiest job market even remotely close to you is probably Columbus which probably doesn't help you in this case.

Good luck Bung.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='580590' date='Oct 28 2007, 06:42 PM']You know you wouldn't have this problem if you could just convince the wife to start charging Creechnasty. :D[/quote]
:lol:
PM the link to this to Go....I suspect he needs a laugh even more than I do...

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='579235' date='Oct 28 2007, 12:40 AM']Get a business loan, start your own car wash, do it better than everyone else, get rich. It's America.[/quote]

Or, get a business loan, start your own car wash, do it better than everyone else, find out the market is already saturated, that your location is not as conducive as you thought, and that your wife doesn't like you being at work all the time.

Then, be in debt the next 10-12 years after the business fails.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='580982' date='Oct 29 2007, 09:23 AM']Or, get a business loan, start your own car wash, do it better than everyone else, find out the market is already saturated, that your location is not as conducive as you thought, and that your wife doesn't like you being at work all the time.

Then, be in debt the next 10-12 years after the business fails.[/quote]

Well, yeah...that's why I've never done it.

Sounds good though. ^_^

But seriously, risks are easier to take if you don't have family depending on you. The need for a steady paycheck overrides taking that kind of risk.

But assuming you find the perfect location, and the market isn't saturated in that area, it is possible to do well. If you understand that while you no longer have a boss, being the the boss every minute of every day can suck too.

Archived