Zune, Ipod or Creative Zen??

Replacing the HD (or the battery for that matter) is a huge pain in the ass; I'd rather buy a new one.

Plus if you go new, you get the most up-to-date features and software. I prefer the iPod based on sheer ease of use, but that's my preference.

Chances are if you switch to a Zune or Zen, you'll find them clunky and hard to use by comparison, in addition to having to convert all of your stuff to WMA or MP3 (if you're using MP4 or Apple Lossless).

Just my 2 cents...

Zune all the way, there isn't much difference in size with the new one coming out 13 Nov. I understand not caring about video with the size of ipod screen but believe me video's are cool on the zune I watch video podcast and movies on mine.

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41K7bhZXgmL._AA280_.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='579172' date='Oct 27 2007, 06:22 PM']Just wondering what you guys prefer. I was looking to upgrade from my 20gb ipod. I don't really give a crap about video, but I'd like more space. Any thought? (or ideas for great deals online?)

Of course...I could always try to take mine apart and replace the HD....any one done this?[/quote]
u selling your ipod? mine broke and i want a new one.

[quote name='rizzy' post='579297' date='Oct 28 2007, 08:37 AM']I am all for the zune. I love the $14.99 a month unlimited music downloading service they offer.[/quote]

I've had the market place since I got my zune. 14.99 fast downloads, high bitrate and no RIAA. I'm giving my 30GB to my dauhter and getting my granddaughter a 4 or 8GB for xmas, then I'll let them use my marketplace account to download their music, of course I'm getting the 80GB next month can't wait.

A couple sites to read about the zune and other daps:

www.zuneboards.com

www.zuneinsider.com

www.dapsite.com (info on all daps)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='579251' date='Oct 27 2007, 11:26 PM']u selling your ipod? mine broke and i want a new one.[/quote]

I"m not sure...we'll see how the cash situation goes. If I do, I'll let you know.

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' post='579323' date='Oct 28 2007, 08:15 AM']I've had the market place since I got my zune. 14.99 fast downloads, high bitrate and no RIAA. I'm giving my 30GB to my dauhter and getting my granddaughter a 4 or 8GB for xmas, then I'll let them use my marketplace account to download their music, of course I'm getting the 80GB next month can't wait.

A couple sites to read about the zune and other daps:

www.zuneboards.com

www.zuneinsider.com

www.dapsite.com (info on all daps)[/quote]

Thanks Ray! I'll have to check them out.

[quote name='natifanatic' post='581686' date='Oct 30 2007, 09:45 AM']Holy shit! I didn't know they offered that! What format does it download on?[/quote]

WMA, you can load and use the marketplace on 3 computers and move the music to 2 different zunes so you could split the cost with someone and both you use the download service for $7.50 per month if you want. I have to check the bitrate but I think it's 256.

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' post='581721' date='Oct 30 2007, 09:34 AM']WMA, you can load and use the marketplace on 3 computers and move the music to 2 different zunes so you could split the cost with someone and both you use the download service for $7.50 per month if you want. I have to check the bitrate but I think it's 256.[/quote]

Yeah, but if you cancel your subscription, there goes your music.

I prefer owning it, but that's me...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='581932' date='Oct 30 2007, 07:38 PM']Yeah, but if you cancel your subscription, there goes your music.

I prefer owning it, but that's me...[/quote]
$15 a month for the rest of your life, the price of a cd per month, is worth it. I use Napster to go, same set-up though. Unlimited music, if I were to purchase every song I listen to per month, it would cost me hundreds.

[quote name='steggyD' post='582011' date='Oct 30 2007, 10:05 PM']$15 a month for the rest of your life, the price of a cd per month, is worth it. I use Napster to go, same set-up though. Unlimited music, if I were to purchase every song I listen to per month, it would cost me hundreds.[/quote]

Oh, hell. Nothing wrong with that if it works for you.

I'm much more selective about what I listen to and buy, so outright purchase works better for me.

That's why we have choices. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived