Billick Canned

Duke Nukem

[quote name='Knucklehead' post='616743' date='Dec 31 2007, 06:44 PM']I sure hope you're right. I can't understand the move to fire him then consider him for the job. My only reservation is he is a good DC. Why would they let him get away? I can only reason that if he doesn't take the HC job, they don't want him around when a new HC comes in.[/quote]

Maybe they've got their eye on Bres.

B)

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='616707' date='Dec 31 2007, 05:49 PM']wow I never expected and saw this coming even rex ryan is fired :o

[i]Brian Billick never came close to duplicating the success he enjoyed early in his career as head coach of the Baltimore Ravens, and it finally cost him his job.

Billick was fired Monday, less than 24 hours after his team concluded a season of high expectations with a disappointing 5-11 record. [b]His entire staff, including defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, also was dismissed.[/b]

[/i]

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmYIYHxJssvIAxeBosUwEoI5nYcB?slug=ap-ravens-billickfired&prov=ap&type=lgns"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmYI...p&type=lgns[/url]

Edit: Come on marvin hire rex ryan even though he is a 3-4 guy I love his intensity and game plans[/quote]

Hell yeah!

I say we also do for Ryan what Florida State did for Jimbo Fisher... tell Ryan that if he comes here as DC, then he will be guaranteed the HC position after Marvin is gone.

What the hell... we need to shake this bitch up anyway, don't we?

i dont know enough about defensive schemes and DC's jb in general to know how hard it is to switch from 3-4 to 4-3,vice versa, from a DC standpoint, personel is a full overhawl, and even marvin has said we arent going to a 3-4, so i guess im wondering how likely it is to hire a 3-4 guy to run a 4-3. i dunno about anyone else but im not interested in 2-3 year rebuilding of personnel and scheme to get to a 3-4 and be confortible and effective with it. most teams truely play both depending on pakages, but to be successful the base personel is important.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='616628' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:52 PM']I guess if Marvin Lewis is a defensive genius, then I am carson palmer

Marvin was a brilliant defensive coordinator, and [b]billick was a brilliant offensive coordinator[/b][/quote]
he cost his team multiple games the past couple of years when he was the one doing the play calling because his play calls were horrid and killed his team. he obviously cant judge QB talent either or WR. he just had a good thing in the past. i dont see him as being good. Marvin has put a D together here that can be good or bad. Its inconsistent. The massive change of players along with the injuries. The biggest issue probably is the inconsistency of a MLB. Webster was the answer then gets hurt. Then we got Odell and we all know what happened there. Then we got Ahmad and he tears his groin.

[quote name='big_dish' post='616645' date='Dec 31 2007, 03:13 PM']What?? Im confused, I thought your name was Jay.

:ninja:[/quote]
:lol:

Archived