Billick Canned

Duke Nukem

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='616578' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:00 PM']Well Rex Ryan will find a job as DC quickly... should the Bengals pursue him or is Henderson the guy that Lewis expects to turn the D into a productive unit?[/quote]

Assuming the Ravens don't retain Ryan as DC or possibly even HC, I would jump on that RIGHT NOW!!!

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='616578' date='Dec 31 2007, 01:00 PM']Well Rex Ryan will find a job as DC quickly... should the Bengals pursue him or is Henderson the guy that Lewis expects to turn the D into a productive unit?[/quote]

I think Rex is tremendous as a DC. But he's more of a 3-4 guy. That said, I'd take my chances. I love how aggressive he is with playcalling.

I've read in the past that he's considered a future HC, so the question is, will he get that opportunity now (doubt it, given how the Ravens did), or will he go somewhere as a DC to a team that has a good chance to do some damage? Even though the Bengals had a sub-par year, they do have some good ingredients on offense, and some good young players on D (Geathers, the secondary).

From Fox Sports...

Despite his insistence that his job was safe, the Brian Billick era in Baltimore is over.

The team fired their head coach Monday, FOXSports.com has learned, capping an extremely disappointing season.

This comes one day after FOX Sports reported that [b]the players [/b]and other employees [b]informed team owner Steve Biscotti that Billick had completely lost the locker room and could not win them back[/b].

Billick was hired as an offensive guru but during his tenure it was his defenses that won for the Ravens, especially their Super Bowl title. Over time Billick was unable to get his QBs to star and his offenses stalled year in and year out.

Earlier this year he proclaimed that he had been given the vote of confidence from Biscottit but that was never confirmed and was obviously not true

Translation... Ray Ray was tired of the offense not getting the job done and wanted a new coach.

Also - Agree 100% on Ryan. If he is avaialble....get him now!

[quote name='whodey1971' post='616589' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:13 PM']From Fox Sports...

Despite his insistence that his job was safe, the Brian Billick era in Baltimore is over.

The team fired their head coach Monday, FOXSports.com has learned, capping an extremely disappointing season.

This comes one day after FOX Sports reported that [b]the players [/b]and other employees [b]informed team owner Steve Biscotti that Billick had completely lost the locker room and could not win them back[/b].

Billick was hired as an offensive guru but during his tenure it was his defenses that won for the Ravens, especially their Super Bowl title. Over time Billick was unable to get his QBs to star and his offenses stalled year in and year out.

Earlier this year he proclaimed that he had been given the vote of confidence from Biscottit but that was never confirmed and was obviously not true

Translation... Ray Ray was tired of the offense not getting the job done and wanted a new coach.

Also - Agree 100% on Ryan. If he is avaialble....get him now![/quote]

:o That was quick

How about packing bob there and getting billick as OC -_-

Ive read where the 49's are going to pursue Mike Martz as their OC ...could Mike Nolan be intersted in Rex Ryan as the DC? maybe.... they have ties.
Would Parcells be interested in Ryan as the HC.. Ryan interviewed for the Charger job so his name is out there.....
Mike Singletary for the HC in Baltimore?... stern just respected by the players in Baltimore
just thoughts

No way Billick works for Marvin due to Marvin worked for Billick. Not going to happen and keep dreaming about all those coaching changes. It is not going to happen. We are talking MFB and money here! Where have you been? If a big shake up happens, I will, I will........well, I will be amazed to say the least.

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='616602' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:33 PM']No way Billick works for Marvin due to Marvin worked for Billick. Not going to happen and keep dreaming about all those coaching changes. It is not going to happen. We are talking MFB and money here! Where have you been? If a big shake up happens, I will, I will........well, I will be amazed to say the least.[/quote]
Are you talking about coaching changes in the Bengal organization not transpiring??
You think the Bengals will keep Bresh?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='616588' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:13 PM']Wonder if Marvin will come up as a possible replacement for Billick?

I'm sure some of the vets in Baltimore would welcome that...[/quote]

I wouldnt be surprised to see Marvin pull some kind of shit to get out of his
contract if Billick is indeed fired and his name comes up for the Baltimore
job. He's already all over the place in the media. One day he says expect
no major changes, the next he says we need to blow the whole thing up.
One day he says we've done a terrible job coaching/preparing this team the
next he says the problem is Player A is too worried about what Player B is
making/immature and unprofessional, off the field he's been better but on
the field and in the film room studying he's been slacking off. Blah blah blah.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='616610' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:40 PM']What if Marvin takes the Baltimore job, then we hire Billick as our HC? Then Billick can bring Rex Ryan with him. Rex Ryan will bring the whole Baltimore defense with him and the Baltimore defense will bring badassidness with them???????????????[/quote]

Since Marvin isn't getting fired, Mike Brown would have to let him out of his contract to leave which, if he were going to a division rival, would take some serious compensation from the Ravens.

Don't see it happening at all.

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='616618' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:44 PM']Since Marvin isn't getting fired, Mike Brown would have to let him out of his contract to leave which, if he were going to a division rival, would take some serious compensation from the Ravens.

Don't see it happening at all.[/quote]

Lewis wont be leaving......Baltimore may go after Singletary though.....

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='616611' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:40 PM']if billick is an offensive genius, then i am jesus.[/quote]

I guess if Marvin Lewis is a defensive genius, then I am carson palmer

Marvin was a brilliant defensive coordinator, and billick was a brilliant offensive coordinator

Archived