LEAKED!: seating arrangement for tonight's debate in Florida

LudwigVan Kubrick

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='631039' date='Feb 8 2008, 01:15 PM']No I'm not voting for friggin' Obama so stop. This is the kind of shit I am talking about.[/quote]

What the fuick ARE you talking about...

Where in my post did I solicit your vote?
And no I'm not a democrat (STRICT IND who has voted for both parties, on all levels). I don't watch TV, and I spend more time reading than sleeping..

Still trying to figure out what you are talking about... If you are looking a for a sheep here, you need to back the fuck up and check yourself.. You don't own the monopoly on reason.

The more you try to act like it, the farther removed you become.

(for the record, I [i]probably[/i] would vote for Paul if he would make it on the ballot. Not because I necessarily think he is "the savior", but because I think the republican party needs to move back in that direction)

Oh and what the fuck were you talking about again?

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='631038' date='Feb 8 2008, 01:14 PM']fine fine Homer, but I'm not trying to organize anyone. Its not that I don't care...its more like looking at a game of chess, 2 moves before checkmate, wondering "what can be done."

Nothing. Thats what can be done. But I will call a sheep a sheep when they come here spewing media horseshit.

I am fully aware of framing and branding techniques. You don't have to come here and tell me there are "better ways to shepard the sheep."

Fact is, I am not trying to convince the sheep, because most of them are too stupid, distracted, drugged up, and/or apathetic to understand or verify for themselves anyway. And usually I just let it pass, but sometimes I have to say something. This happened to be one of those times.[/quote]
People tend to receive the level of respect they earn.

Ludwig!

WTF? I'd like to see you expound a little on why anyone is deserving of the sheep label, or why the "game" is necessarily "rigged".
Because they repeat some things they read or see from the media?

And what about the politicians themselves...how can you be so certain that they are all soulless, paid-off corporate yes men/women?

Was McCain bought and sold as a military man and a POW? What about those politicians that start from the ground up as a local counselman, work their way through the House, into the Senate...are all their ideals dead and they simply mouth corporate platitudes?

I appreciate your cynicism, but I think you're stretching a bit here by getting a little too personal. And I also think that many politicians get into "the game" because they have ideas that they hold that they believe can help this country...not ruin it in a mad quest for personal or corporate gain.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='631038' date='Feb 8 2008, 01:14 PM']fine fine Homer, but I'm not trying to organize anyone. Its not that I don't care...its more like looking at a game of chess, 2 moves before checkmate, wondering "what can be done."

Nothing. Thats what can be done. But I will call a sheep a sheep when they come here spewing media horseshit.

I am fully aware of framing and branding techniques. You don't have to come here and tell me there are "better ways to shepard the sheep."

Fact is, I am not trying to convince the sheep, because most of them are too stupid, distracted, drugged up, and/or apathetic to understand or verify for themselves anyway. And usually I just let it pass, but sometimes I have to say something. This happened to be one of those times.[/quote]

Wow! You certainly have a high opinion of yourself....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='631055' date='Feb 8 2008, 02:19 PM']Wow! You certainly have a high opinion of yourself....[/quote]

Of course he does, he's one of the few people he has ever met that has a clue.

Obviously the only reason he isn't more successfull than all these "sheeple" is because they conspire to keep him down. That, and he has no interest in playing their stupid "games" anyway.....

[quote name='Lucid' post='631040' date='Feb 8 2008, 01:19 PM']What the fuick ARE you talking about...

Where in my post did I solicit your vote?
And no I'm not a democrat (STRICT IND who has voted for both parties, on all levels). I don't watch TV, and I spend more time reading than sleeping..

Still trying to figure out what you are talking about... If you are looking a for a sheep here, you need to back the fuck up and check yourself.. You don't own the monopoly on reason.

The more you try to act like it, the farther removed you become.

(for the record, I [i]probably[/i] would vote for Paul if he would make it on the ballot. Not because I necessarily think he is "the savior", but because I think the republican party needs to move back in that direction)

Oh and what the fuck were you talking about again?[/quote]

I like the use of 'check yourself' Even better if you add ...before you wreck yourself

[quote name='Lucid' post='631074' date='Feb 8 2008, 05:02 PM']Of course he does, he's one of the few people he has ever met that has a clue.

Obviously the only reason he isn't more successfull than all these "sheeple" is because they conspire to keep him down. That, and he has no interest in playing their stupid "games" anyway.....[/quote]

haha I do ok... I'm no worldshaker or anything but I am happy where I am. However, you can count me as disappointed in what the whole political process has become. Count me as disappointed at how f'n complacent people have become.

You can spin it however you like. But your "evil Hillary" nonsense was straight off of the station you heard at lunch or going to work in the morning or whatever. And no matter where it is from, what is it really saying?

Nothing. Just a feeble attempt at frames.

Wrong again, Lucid. As usual...

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='630687' date='Feb 7 2008, 03:12 AM']Guys don't be so upset. It's not like Ludwig is calling you guys cunts or cussing you out.

The guy is just frustrated. As I am too.

The man is right when he says there is no difference between Obama, Clinton, Huckabee, McCain or Romney.

None of them talk about key issues. None of them seem to know what's going on; what's important right now. Nothing about foreign policy, monetary policy, the Constitution, war on drugs, the Federal Reserve, state's rights, privacy rights, property rights, gun owner's rights, social security, markets.

Except Ron Paul.

We get a once in a lifetime presidential candidate that knows what in the hell is going on. And nobody knows who he is. And if people truly researched the candidates and were conscious to the world around them would most likely support Ron Paul.

It's sad.

And for you guys that disagree with Paul's economic ideas: Wouldn't having a sound, gold-backed currency help our economy? Wouldn't abolishing the income tax put more money in peoples pockets to pour into the markets and strengthen the economy? What is so bad about true free markets? And these things you dislike, do you think will be possible for Paul to implement in office?

The biggest influence Paul would have is on our foreign policy. And I would love to hear someone argue that his policy isn't the best.[/quote]

Sorry I didnt get back to this as I know it was addressed to me, but Ive been busy all week so bare with me.

Vladimir Lenin, once called the industries that control an economy "commanding heights", today with the US that would be Oil (amongst others but mostly oil). Today we see corporations such as Exxon making large profits off of something that controls our economy and that's not even to mention the notion that the oil companies are basicly engaging in price fixing and while this is hard to prove (and it is illigeal) it is going on. So my issue with Paul on his economic ideas of free markets is that when it comes to the "commanding heights" of the economy I wonder if we would be better served for the sake of all people to have more oversight if they are going to be free market industries so that the comman man isnt getting it in the ass. And I'm no communist or socilist, Im fine with free markets in industries that are not the "commanding heights".

A good documentry I would recommend (if you have 6 hours) is called Commanding Heights and it is online free for all: [url="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/"]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/[/url]

If you want a direct link to the videos and dont want to snoop around the site first here you go
[url="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/hi/story/index.html"]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/...tory/index.html[/url]

[quote]People tend to receive the level of respect they earn.[/quote]

[quote post='631079' date='Feb 8 2008, 06:29 PM']no matter how condescending... :rolleyes:[/quote]
No, simply a statement of fact.

But, if you want condescending, read on.

Tell me, as a matter of morality and courage, which of the following cases is more depraved?

1) An ignorant person who may act unknowingly, but who otherwise is susceptible to change, possibly for the better; or

2) A person who thinks he knows the answers, but who can't be troubled to rescue a few sheep from harm's way.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='631081' date='Feb 8 2008, 06:38 PM']haha I do ok... I'm no worldshaker or anything but I am happy where I am. However, you can count me as disappointed in what the whole political process has become. Count me as disappointed at how f'n complacent people have become.

You can spin it however you like. But your "evil Hillary" nonsense was straight off of the station you heard at lunch or going to work in the morning or whatever. And no matter where it is from, what is it really saying?

Nothing. Just a feeble attempt at frames.

Wrong again, Lucid. As usual...[/quote]

WHAT?

I never said anything about "evil hillary". And I don't listen to the radio. I used to listen to some local sports talk radio in the car.. But I don't even do that anymore.

I was referring to an actual situation that I have read about... And WTF Ludwig... How exactly is it YOU get your information. I guess God comes down and whispers into your ear?

Why is it you are the only one capable of getting the "straight truth" while everyone else who may disagree with you is merely repeating what's spoon fed to them? (for the record I haven't stated I disagreed with you once in this thread.. you inexplecibly just decided to attack me with some stupid sheep comment)

Seriously, I want you to try and explain why you are trying to paint me as something I haven't even hinted at... Quit trying to "frame" me with things I haven't said.

Seriously man.. I am still trying to understand what you are trying to say.

First, you accuse me of trying to get you to try to vote for Obama, when I didn't even MENTION him in my post. Then you start going on about some "evil Hillary" bullshit, when I didn't mention her either (except to note that she was the only one to campaign in those states).. All the while trying to tell me I'm some sort of sheep who only gets his opinions from what he sees on TV..

NONE of this bullshit is true.. And quite honestly I don't even see where you are getting it.

You don't find it odd that the DNC prohibited the seating of delegates for Florida and Michigan, and now they seem to be considering permitting those delegates at the convention, after the election process, which most candidates (this includes those who are no longer running) skipped due to the fact that those delegates weren't supposed to count?

That doesn't seem odd to you?

It does to me.... And I'm not repeating anything I heard from anybody. I just remember reading about how the DNC suspended those delegates way back when the states were all jockying for early primaries, and then most of the candidates skipped those states.. Then I just recently found out Hillary is pushing to have those delegates counted. I was just pointing it out in hopes of creating a discussion. Not to make some sort of political play for any candidate or party.

I could give a shit about parties.. And I don't trust many politicians.

Period.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='631092' date='Feb 8 2008, 08:25 PM']No, simply a statement of fact.

But, if you want condescending, read on.

Tell me, as a matter of morality and courage, which of the following cases is more depraved?

1) An ignorant person who may act unknowingly, but who otherwise is susceptible to change, possibly for the better; or

2) A person who thinks he knows the answers, but who can't be troubled to rescue a few sheep from harm's way.[/quote]

Homer you are wasting your time.. This guy isn't any more awake than the "sheep" he is calling out. He uses buzzwords like "nanny state" and then turns around and accuses others of repeating propoganda.

He's not "clued in" to jack shit except his own superiority complex.. Frankly I find the fact you think him worthy of "shepherding" anything kind of disturbing.

Archived