LEAKED!: seating arrangement for tonight's debate in Florida

LudwigVan Kubrick

[quote name='steggyD' post='627552' date='Jan 27 2008, 11:34 PM']Elitist attitude? For one, I wasn't even speaking to you, unless you agree with whodey. I'm speaking about those who say it's dumb to vote for someone because they don't stand a chance. That, sir, is an elitist attitude.[/quote]

[quote]I'm not even going to argue anymore, some people are just too stuck. There's no hope; time to let our country rot away.[/quote]

That my friend is an elitist attitude.....they don't agree with you so they MUST be wrong.

Agreeing not to vote for someone is asinine. They want me to agree not to vote for someone because they think it's wrong and foolish.

And when people say that, I realize our country is fucked because they would rather let ABC, CNN and FOX decide our future. I'm not saying to agree on the vote, but do not rule someone out because it's not the "popular" choice by our media.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='627100' date='Jan 26 2008, 11:25 AM']I will bet you your bank account he doesn't. Stupid comments like these... Get a clue!! Or let me empty your account with your stupidity and THEN get a clue. ;)[/quote]

Well, Ron Paul only garnered 3% of the vote in Florida...do you want to back track on what you said about Paul not dropping out before the Ohio primary?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628234' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:39 PM']Well, Ron Paul only garnered 3% of the vote in Florida...do you want to back track on what you said about Paul not dropping out before the Ohio primary?[/quote]

I wolnt Ill say it right now, he stays in the whole time, he has more money than any other canidate so he can afford to, he wolnt drop out because this is about principle.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='628236' date='Jan 30 2008, 12:44 AM']I wolnt Ill say it right now, he stays in the whole time, he has more money than any other canidate so he can afford to, he wolnt drop out because this is about principle.[/quote]

Thats just stupid....

I am glad he has the money to burn....

I have a question though....

Is all/most of his support just an internet cult following? If so, do people who follow him on the net not vote? Why is he failing so miserably in these primaries?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628270' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:06 AM']Thats just stupid....

Is all/most of his support just an internet cult following? If so, do people who follow him on the net not vote? Why is he failing so miserably in these primaries?[/quote]
i already got called names for saying he is an internet superstar and nothing else.

and its not elitest to vote for a "popular candidate", if the writing is on the wall and who you want to win doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell, why would you still vote for that person? just to say you did? why not vote for a person that has a legitimate chance and most closely resembles your ideas?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628270' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:06 AM']Thats just stupid....

Is all/most of his support just an internet cult following? If so, do people who follow him on the net not vote? Why is he failing so miserably in these primaries?[/quote]

it's stupid for the man to stand by what he believes in throughout the process? I think its stupid for folks to call for him to get out because he isnt the "popular canidate" (what is this high school?...wait with some of the reasons people give for why they vote the way they do, I already know that answer.)

because people believe the stuff told to them on tv, saying he has no chance thus they wolnt vote for him, because he's not the "popular canidate"

[quote name='whodey319' post='628273' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:21 AM']i already got called names for saying he is an internet superstar and nothing else.

and its not elitest to vote for a "popular candidate", if the writing is on the wall and who you want to win doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell, why would you still vote for that person? just to say you did? why not vote for a person that has a legitimate chance and most closely resembles your ideas?[/quote]

because its about principles

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='628280' date='Jan 30 2008, 10:37 AM']it's stupid for the man to stand by what he believes in throughout the process? I think its stupid for folks to call for him to get out because he isnt the "popular canidate" (what is this high school?...wait with some of the reasons people give for why they vote the way they do, I already know that answer.)

because people believe the stuff told to them on tv, saying he has no chance thus they wolnt vote for him, because he's not the "popular canidate"

because its about principles[/quote]

Oh...I am sorry...I guess I am stupid for wanting to vote for a candidate that can logically admit defeat. I didn't know this election was about pride and nothing more.

There are millions of ways of standing for what you believe in.....

I prefer a candidate that uses logic instead of dreams....thats all this country needs is another crusader.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628288' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:53 AM']Oh...I am sorry...I guess I am stupid for wanting to vote for a candidate that can logically admit defeat. I didn't know this election was about pride and nothing more.

I prefer a candidate that uses logic instead of dreams....thats all this country needs is another crusader.[/quote]

Logically admit defeat and conituing to run so that your message is heard are pretty diffrent things, and then those voting for him because they believe in his message vs not voting for him because the tv tells you he has no chance are pretty different as well. If you dont agree with his message thats one thing, but if you do and dont vote for him because he "isnt the popular canidate", then I may not use the word stupid (to describe you rather than your ideal, the ideal being that he should drop out because he has no chance...yes that ideal is increadibally stupid), but you are a sheep.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628234' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:39 PM']Well, Ron Paul only garnered 3% of the vote in Florida...do you want to back track on what you said about Paul not dropping out before the Ohio primary?[/quote]

Florida is a winner take all state so Paul didn't even try there.

That combined with the usual media blackout of Ron Paul and you get your 3%.

I promise you 3% is the lowest you'll see him finish from here on out.

And if you are willing to transfer your funds from your bank account after 3/3 when Paul is still in the race, I will be more than happy to take it from you.

Ron Paul is in it for the long haul, because, again it isn't even about Ron Paul, it is about the platform he represents.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628288' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:53 AM']Oh...I am sorry...I guess I am stupid for wanting to vote for a candidate that can logically admit defeat. I didn't know this election was about pride and nothing more.

I prefer a candidate that uses logic instead of dreams....thats all this country needs is another crusader.[/quote]

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. If I pressed you for specifics, you would get that deer in the headlights dumbfounded Miss Teen South Carolina look in your eyes just like McCain did when Paul asked him an economics question.

Again, when it comes to politics, in particular Ron Paul's platform, You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

You just came here to parrot what your TV told you about Ron Paul.

Fuck your TV.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628270' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:06 AM']Thats just stupid....[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote]I am glad he has the money to burn....[/quote]

We're talking about a reformation taking place. Get on board, or up your meds so you don't get in the way with your nonsense TV quotes.

[quote]I have a question though....[/quote]

I'll bet it is loaded.

[quote]Is all/most of his support just an internet cult following? If so, do people who follow him on the net not vote? Why is he failing so miserably in these primaries?[/quote]

Media blackout. But for the record he has finished 2nd twice and has beaten every candidte in at least one state. But I understand your TV tells you these things, and hey, who are you to question the almighty boob tube, right?

Go turn on CNN, sheeple. Obama is talking about "change." :rolleyes:

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628288' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:53 AM']Oh...I am sorry...I guess I am stupid for wanting to vote for a candidate that can logically admit defeat.[/quote]

That makes no sense. And when was Ron "defeated?" Lemme guess, "before he even began because he's ummm kooky or nutty or something. Can't remember which, lemme go turn my TV on and ask it."

[quote]I didn't know this election was about pride and nothing more.[/quote]

It is a reformation that goes well beyond Ron Paul.

[quote]There are millions of ways of standing for what you believe in.....[/quote]

None of which have to do with your television set.

[quote]I prefer a candidate that uses logic instead of dreams....thats all this country needs is another crusader.[/quote]

I prefer a poster that doesn't post vague shitty innacurate insults, that his nanny TV told him. Hey, we all have preferences...

[quote name='whodey319' post='628273' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:21 AM']i already got called names for saying he is an internet superstar and nothing else.[/quote]

That's because it was a stupid, inaccurate comment.

[quote]and its not elitest to vote for a "popular candidate", if the writing is on the wall and who you want to win doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell, why would you still vote for that person?[/quote]

Because its not a popuarity contest. This scramble to vote for which candidate you think is going to win, rather than voting for the candidate you feel would best lead this country, is, well, fucking stupid.

[quote]just to say you did? why not vote for a person that has a legitimate chance and most closely resembles your ideas?[/quote]

All the republicans except Paul are nation building war mongers, all the democrats want to expand the nanny welfare state.

Ron Paul is the only choice.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='628321' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:16 PM']That's because it was a stupid, inaccurate comment.

Because its not a popuarity contest. This scramble to vote for which candidate you think is going to win, rather than voting for the candidate you feel would best lead this country, is, well, fucking stupid.

All the republicans except Paul are nation building war mongers, all the democrats want to expand the nanny welfare state.

Ron Paul is the only choice.[/quote]

You know what....if you can get of your pedestal I am ready and willing to have a discussion with you. Every day you grow more and more like BJ with the insults.....I will not bring myself down to your level.

If you want to act like a child...then we will end the discussion right now....
Assuming things you know about me is very telling about your mentality.....Honestly, judging by the way you speak to other people I am surprised you are even old enough to vote..

*waits for Ludwig to throw himself down on the ground for another temper tantrum*

The best part about all of this is I have never said if I support Ron Paul or not.....

to me it is a toss up...I have serious issues with every single candidate.....

ALL I claimed was that he was getting his ass kicked and he will drop out by the Ohio primary....YOU my friend have some SERIOUS underdog issues.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='628297' date='Jan 30 2008, 12:15 PM']Logically admit defeat and conituing to run so that your message is heard are pretty diffrent things, and then those voting for him because they believe in his message vs not voting for him because the tv tells you he has no chance are pretty different as well. If you dont agree with his message thats one thing, but if you do and dont vote for him because he "isnt the popular canidate", then I may not use the word stupid (to describe you rather than your ideal, the ideal being that he should drop out because he has no chance...yes that ideal is increadibally stupid), but you are a sheep.[/quote]

Did I ever say not to vote for him if he is still in the race? NO

I PREDICTED that he will no longer be in the race by the Ohio primary....

Super Tuesday will be very telling....

Here is a scenario for you....

Hypothetically.....

McCain and Romney are neck and neck come Ohio's primay.....

Ron Paul is basically eliminated from any shot of getting the nomination...

You can not stand one of the two viable candidates left.....

Do you:

A.) Vote for the lesser of two evils so the candidate you can not stand will not get the nomination.
B.) Waste your vote on Ron Paul so you can say you stood by your ideals, and run the risk of the candidate you can't stand getting the nomination.

IMO With A you are doing the logical thing that will protect the greatest amount of your views.

With B you are being a crusader and a dreamer and effectively rendering your vote useless.....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628366' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:32 PM']Did I ever say not to vote for him if he is still in the race? NO

I PREDICTED that he will no longer be in the race by the Ohio primary....

Super Tuesday will be very telling....

Here is a scenario for you....

Hypothetically.....

McCain and Romney are neck and neck come Ohio's primay.....

Ron Paul is basically eliminated from any shot of getting the nomination...

Do you:

A.) Vote for the lesser of two evils so the candidate you can not stand will not get the nomination.
B.) Waste your vote on Ron Paul so you can say you stood by your ideals, and run the risk of the candidate you can't stand getting the nomination.

IMO With A you are doing the logical thing that will protect the greatest amount of your views.

With B you are being a crusader and a dreamer and effectively rendering your vote useless.....[/quote]

If were talking about primaries in VA there is a open system that anyone can vote for any party but only once, meaning if in the republican primaries I vote for Paul I can not vote for Obama in the Dem primaries. In my opinion there are only two canidates that truly want to end this war and not make our problems worse by getting into it with Iran. They are Paul and Obama. I will vote for Paul in the primaies, even though Im not on board with his ecnomic ideals (but understand most would never pass in congress) based in principle, because he would need my vote much more than Obama would. If in the General Election Obama is the only canidate left that will bring the troops home then I will vote for Obama. This country is on the verge of an ecnomic collapse and we need to stop funding money into the war machine (and the fact that I work for the national guard, and doing such could effect my job should tell you how serious I am) and invest it in our own.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='628400' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:28 PM']If were talking about primaries in VA there is a open system that anyone can vote for any party but only once, meaning if in the republican primaries I vote for Paul I can not vote for Obama in the Dem primaries. In my opinion there are only two canidates that truly want to end this war and not make our problems worse by getting into it with Iran. They are Paul and Obama. I will vote for Paul in the primaies, even though Im not on board with his ecnomic ideals (but understand most would never pass in congress) based in principle, because he would need my vote much more than Obama would. If in the General Election Obama is the only canidate left that will bring the troops home then I will vote for Obama. This country is on the verge of an ecnomic collapse and we need to stop funding money into the war machine (and the fact that I work for the national guard, and doing such could effect my job should tell you how serious I am) and invest it in our own.[/quote]

You avoided the hypothetical Question.

Add whatever names you want to put in place of McCain and Romney...

Hypothetically.....

Joe Schmoe and Billy Bob are neck and neck come Ohio's primary.....

John Doe is the candidate you want most but is basically eliminated from any shot of getting the nomination...

Do you:

With B you are being a crusader and a dreamer and effectively rendering your vote useless.....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='628403' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:34 PM']You avoided the hypothetical Question.

Add whatever names you want to in place of McCain and Romney...

Hypothetically.....

Joe Schmoe and Billy Bob are neck and neck come Ohio's primary.....

John Doe is the candidate you want most but is basically eliminated from any shot of getting the nomination...

Do you:

With B you are being a crusader and a dreamer and effectively rendering your vote useless.....[/quote]

But that isnt what's happening is it? Obama is looking like he has a very good shot at winning, so if on the right I vote for Paul, Im still standing my by convinctions (which is never a wasted vote) and still get Obama on the left and if Paul wins more votes then it helps his cause on the right (because even if he doesnt win his message gets heard, by gaining a large percentage) and remember there is no "lose lose lose" as bengalrick tried to convey its about taking enough primamry votes. If the leaders keep changing and paul keeps taking 2nd, he could stand a good chance of winning it. So from a get the hell out of Iraq and stop funding the war machine Paul vs Obama is the only choice. Its about the future of this country.

Also if Paul wins enough of a percentage it forces the other canidates to take a look at why and perhaps adopt some of his ideals, and that is NEVER a waste of a vote!

if you want obama to win though, you should vote for him... Jamie, i can understand your point of standing by your guns, but at the same time politics is all about perspective...

what if obama loses and your choices are hillary and a republican that you don't like?

paul has no chance of winning and obama (assumign he is who you want to give your vote to) does...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='628425' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:17 PM']if you want obama to win though, you should vote for him... Jamie, i can understand your point of standing by your guns, but at the same time politics is all about perspective...

what if obama loses and your choices are hillary and a republican that you don't like?

paul has no chance of winning and obama (assumign he is who you want to give your vote to) does...[/quote]

Rick there have been very few states in the whole thing vote yet, so his chance is still somewhat open isnt it? Stop believeing everything Rupport Murdoch tells you.

VA is still a ways away so I have time to make that choice dont I?

And again if he does win a good percentage it forces the others to look at it. [b]THAT IS NOT A WASTED VOTE![/b]

Archived