Opening day lineup

CTA513

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='649520' date='Apr 6 2008, 02:16 AM']There was also 0 outs and only 1 run was needed which made a big difference. A sac fly would have done it. In the game the other day it would have REQUIRED a hit to the gap to score 2 and tie the game.

[b]I never said that you stupid little fuck[/b]. Please show me where I said that. I said if Dusty wanted to bunt in that situation then he should have pinch hit for Edwin. When your BEST hitter with RISP is up you dont bunt. It is that fucking simple. That wont change either. Griffey wouldnt have bunted in that situation and EE is a hell of a lot better hitter with RISP than Griffey.

I dont see you blasting Harang and he fucked up 2 bunts....

[b]Bunting isnt easy. I hit over 400 every year of my Knothole and AABC career and bunting was BY FAR the hardest thing to do at the plate[/b]. I could hit the ball to opposite field if i wanted to or up the middle or pull it. Those were all far easier than bunting the ball.[/quote]

Ohhh big talker now. You did say that in the way you describe things. You obviously dont think very highly of bunting. You keep saying you dont bunt here and you dont bunt there. Just because the batter has a high avg.

You also keep saying you dont bunt when your down two runs with a man on first and second. You bunt those two runners over And there are sooo omany ways of getting those runs in.
Pass ball. and a ground out. The game is tied.
A ground out to the second baseman or short stop. 1 run scores. And the other goes to the third.

Edwin would have had to hit a dble or a homerun to score thos two guys.

Do his stats on that. Even with RISP.

The dumbass is batting .130 or some shit now. And you want him to swing away. :lol:
Yeah buddy your really really smart.

BTW good for you batting over .400. So did 5 other guys on my teams.
And bunting isnt easy but you could bat over .400. Well than you sucked and had no balls. Bunting requires some balls. Real hard nose, plate crowding ball players have no problems with bunting. When i was in highschool my coach set the pitching machine to over 90mph. And set it in front of the mound. Sent the whole team up there for 10 pitches. If you didnt get 5 of them in fair territory your ass was running. One day a guy was bunting The ball hit off the bat and popped him straight in the mouth. Chipped his front tooth and gave him one of hell of shiner. Thats how you learn how to bunt. If you can bunt a 90+mph rising fast ball from a machine. You can bunt in the game.

Bunting is freaking simple. My fucking wife could lay down a bunt in a highschool game. I gauruntee it.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649857' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:02 PM']Ohhh big talker now. You did say that in the way you describe things. You obviously dont think very highly of bunting. You keep saying you dont bunt here and you dont bunt there. Just because the batter has a high avg.

You also keep saying you dont bunt when your down two runs with a man on first and second. You bunt those two runners over And there are sooo omany ways of getting those runs in.
A ground out to the second baseman or short stop. 1 run scores. And the other goes to the third.

The dumbass is batting .130 or some shit now. And you want him to swing away. :lol:

BTW good for you batting over .400. So did 5 other guys on my teams.
And bunting isnt easy but you could bat over .400. Well than you sucked and had no balls. Bunting requires some balls. Real hard nose, plate crowding ball players have no problems with bunting. When i was in highschool my coach set the pitching machine to over 90mph. And set it in front of the mound. Sent the whole team up there for 10 pitches. If you didnt get 5 of them in fair territory your ass was running. One day a guy was bunting The ball hit off the bat and popped him straight in the mouth. Chipped his front tooth and gave him one of hell of shiner. Thats how you learn how to bunt. If you can bunt a 90+mph rising fast ball from a machine. You can bunt in the game.

Bunting is freaking simple. My fucking wife could lay down a bunt in a highschool game. I gauruntee it.[/quote]

can your wife bunt a 95mph fastball? :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='649871' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:23 PM']yes, yes I can. You're trying to compare high school to the pros. Pretty idiotic if you ask me. You're also full of shit.[/quote]

Shut the fuck up dumbass.

I said my wife could bunt in a highschool game. I gauruntee if she got 5 at bats she would lay one down.

I didnt fucking compare the pros to highschool. Mr.dumbshit munster did up there. So once again smartfuck. I ask.. Can you read. ?

If your in the majors you should be able to lay down a bunt. No matter what your position fucking PERIOD> Go ahead and argue that dumbshit.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649874' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:28 PM']Shut the fuck up dumbass.

I said my wife could bunt in a highschool game. I gauruntee if she got 5 at bats she would lay one down.

I didnt fucking compare the pros to highschool. Mr.dumbshit munster did up there. So once again smartfuck. I ask.. Can you read. ?

[b]If your in the majors you should be able to lay down a bunt. No matter what your position fucking PERIOD> Go ahead and argue that dumbshit.[/b][/quote]

I'd like to think so. You running around here acting like its easy though is quite fucking comical.

By the way, way to stay true to form. Reds win 2 in a row, you're no where to be seen. Reds lose, you're here minutes after the game ends. :applaud:

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649857' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:02 PM']Ohhh big talker now. You did say that in the way you describe things. You obviously dont think very highly of bunting. You keep saying you dont bunt here and you dont bunt there. Just because the batter has a high avg.

[b]You also keep saying you dont bunt when your down two runs with a man on first and second. [/b]You bunt those two runners over And there are sooo omany ways of getting those runs in.

[b]
The dumbass is batting .130 or some shit now. And you want him to swing away.[/b] :lol:

[b]BTW good for you batting over .400. So did 5 other guys on my teams. [/b]
[b]And bunting isnt easy but you could bat over .400. Well than you sucked and had no balls.[/b] Bunting requires some balls. Real hard nose, plate crowding ball players have no problems with bunting. When i was in highschool my coach set the pitching machine to over 90mph. And set it in front of the mound. Sent the whole team up there for 10 pitches. If you didnt get 5 of them in fair territory your ass was running. One day a guy was bunting The ball hit off the bat and popped him straight in the mouth. Chipped his front tooth and gave him one of hell of shiner. Thats how you learn how to bunt. If you can bunt a 90+mph rising fast ball from a machine. You can bunt in the game.

Bunting is freaking simple. My fucking [b]wife[/b] could lay down a bunt in a highschool game. I gauruntee it.[/quote]

1) You dont bunt when your best clutch bat is up. If it wasnt Edwin i would bunt. If they REALLY wanted to bunt so badly then you pinch hit.

2) with a .417 OBP.

3) I said over .400 because the year i threw out my arm I only hit .417. Every other year was WELL over that and not even in the .400s.

4) I could bunt, i did a lot. I just said bunting was the hardest thing.

5) So your partner plays the womans role i see...:ninja:

[moderating]

I am going to have to ask you guys to chill out with all the personal insults. It's getting a bit extreme and it is sullying an otherwise worthwhile thread. I don't care who started it, but please cease and desist with all the childish bullshit.
We all love the Reds, and we can disagree all we want to about how they are playing or whatever, but there's no need for this excessive insult-slinging.

[/moderating]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='649876' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:34 PM']I'd like to think so. You running around here acting like its easy though is quite fucking comical.
By the way, way to stay true to form. Reds win 2 in a row, you're no where to be seen. Reds lose, you're here minutes after the game ends. :applaud:[/quote]

Look here brother. I love the reds and bengals. Always have throughout all the bad years. I still stay true. So take your bad fan accusations elsewhere. Sunday i was in my garage screaming and hollering wrenching on my car drinking a beer and listening to the game.

Bunting to major league batter SHOULD be easy. Let me clarify. Sac bunting should be easy. Bunting for hits is completley different story. I havent seriously swung a bat in 5 yrs. But i can tell you this. Give me 5 at bats in the majors. I will gauruntee you i put down 2-5 bunts in fair territory.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='649881' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:49 PM']1) You dont bunt when your best clutch bat is up. If it wasnt Edwin i would bunt. If they REALLY wanted to bunt so badly then you pinch hit.

2) with a .417 OBP.

3) I said over .400 because the year i threw out my arm I only hit .417. Every other year was WELL over that and not even in the .400s.

4) I could bunt, i did a lot. I just said bunting was the hardest thing.

5) So your partner plays the womans role i see...:ninja:[/quote]

Dude thats great you bat so well. Since your tooting your own horn so much.
I had a half ride to Lousiville and Purdue when i cam out of highschool. I didnt go. But that was because of business oppertunity and the fact i hated school. I was also young and stupid and kind of got burnt out right around the time decision making came. Im married and just built my house. By the time th rest of my friends from school were graduating college. So was it worth it. I really miss playing ball. Thats all i gotta say. But the benifits of making money first are nice.
I played first and batted 4th, And i could lay down a bunt and did it all the time when the situation was right and my coach asked me to. Bunting was not the hradest thing for me. It was actually very easy.

And id dont really get where your last comment comes from. But whatever. Just because i said my wife could lay down a bunt, means shes the head of the household. :rolleyes: Quite the contrary actually.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='649882' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:49 PM'][moderating]

I am going to have to ask you guys to chill out with all the personal insults. It's getting a bit extreme and it is sullying an otherwise worthwhile thread. I don't care who started it, but please cease and desist with all the childish bullshit.
We all love the Reds, and we can disagree all we want to about how they are playing or whatever, but there's no need for this excessive insult-slinging.

[/moderating][/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='649882' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:49 PM'][moderating]

[/moderating][/quote]

im done.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='650128' date='Apr 8 2008, 11:31 AM']Thank god. Go practice bunting[/quote]

go learn baseball.

and practice what you preach.

[quote]QUOTE (Bunghole @ Apr 7 2008, 02:49 PM)
[moderating]

[/moderating]

I agree.[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='650151' date='Apr 8 2008, 11:18 AM']go learn baseball.
and practice what you preach.[/quote]

Yeah i got half rides to two major colleges by not learning baseball.

You make all kinds of since Oldschool.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='650260' date='Apr 8 2008, 03:31 PM']So who is going to watch Cueto tonight? Are you psyched for another stellar performance, or are you worried about a let down against yet another good team?[/quote]

Worried about a let-down? Always. Watching it may be a problem. Looks like some authority figure out there has been cracking down on the internet streams of baseball games. Used to be able to watch whatever game I pleased - now there's only a few. I may have to go to a bar.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='650294' date='Apr 8 2008, 05:00 PM']uh-oh a half ride. i would toot my own horn reguarding the offers i got, but i wont.[/quote]

dude whatever.

I didnt know of any other first baseman in SW ohio my year that got any better than a half ride.

Half ride for anything other than pitchers and catchers is quite an accomplishment. And if i recall it was you who started harping and tooting your own horn to start with. So why stop now?

Hell lets get it all. Where did you go to school. What year did you graduate? If you got a full ride than WHY DIDNT YOU GO? Doesnt sound likely to me somebody would pass up FULL Scholarships. -_- :rolleyes:

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='650296' date='Apr 8 2008, 05:10 PM']dude whatever.

I didnt know of any other first baseman in SW ohio my year that got any better than a half ride.

Half ride for anything other than pitchers and catchers is quite an accomplishment. And if i recall it was you who started harping and tooting your own horn to start with. So why stop now?

Hell lets get it all. Where did you go to school. What year did you graduate? If you got a full ride than WHY DIDNT YOU GO? Doesnt sound likely to me somebody would pass up FULL Scholarships. -_- :rolleyes:[/quote]
Guys, c'mon! This internet chest-thumping is obscuring the greater issue...that we love the Reds!
I don't care what you guys did or didn't do. If I disagree with you, I will state my case and read yours. Don't get all Tracy Jones on us, you two!
:)

yep thurmandumpster I'm sure your right when it comes to valentine. They just showed the stat. Pinch hitting avg .203 .... Now I'm not so sure but I seriously doubt that puts him among the best in baseball.

Btw something that really gets to me marty always saying valentine has hr power. Cmon the guy had 2 homers last season.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='650388' date='Apr 8 2008, 10:00 PM']yep thurmandumpster I'm sure your right when it comes to valentine. They just showed the stat. Pinch hitting avg .203 .... Now I'm not so sure but I seriously doubt that puts him among the best in baseball.

Btw something that really gets to me marty always saying valentine has hr power. Cmon the guy had 2 homers last season.[/quote]

the active MLB lead is 209....

Archived