I just got this text message

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707188' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:28 PM']The Dallas Cowboys haven`t won a Playoff game since 1996.
And they won a freakin Super Bowl in 1995. They were dubbed
a Dynasty after that 1995 Super Bowl win.

Is that because their Franchise is so poorly ran?
Is it because no Free Agents want to go there?

What "Free Agents" have they signed that haven`t been cast offs from
other teams anyway?

I guess in their case it IS just bad luck. And in the Bengals case,
it is just SoP, huh?[/quote]

The Cowboys have been to the playoffs 6 times since 1995 and have a record of 96-94 (51%) for the regular season. Jerry Jones did act like an idiot for a few years after Jimmy Johnson (even bragged he could win a Superbowl with Barry Switzer as the coach) and it cost the team dearly once Johnson's players had left. Jones finally came to his senses and realized he needed help. He then hired Parcells. Parcells rebuilt the organization and they have been a quality team since but have choked in the playoffs as of late no doubt.

The Bengals are 76-124 during that time frame. Thats a 39% win rate. They have 1 playoff appearance of course.

Considering the Cowboys won 3 Superbowls in the 90s and are currently on of the best teams in the league, I find your argument without merit. The only thing keeping the FAs away from Dallas is need and the salary cap. The only reason FAs come here is we can pay them and its the best offer. No way any FA would pick us over Dallas unless the money was huge.

No way you can compare Dallas with us. No way.

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='707162' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:52 PM']No, they didn't want paid.

Apparently you guys don't want to hear what I've got to say so I'll discontinue sharing with you bunch of assholes. Enjoy the true news from the local media that we know is all completely true. I will keep my insight to myself as I find it more interesting than the crap Cincinnati media puts out and then tries to backtrack on.[/quote]

I just want to say that I believe CO Bengal. Its too randomly particular and without gain to CO Bengal to be made up.

Thank you for posting insider info and keep it coming. Anyone can just copy and paste news articles. Hell, an RSS feed will do it automatically for you. [b]But the insider gems from the ones that directly or indirectly interact with Bengal players and coaches, are a big part of the "extra" that makes this board worth reading.[/b]

Maybe its true and maybe CO is full of shit. Again, I can smell a lie from a mile away usually, and I see no motive here. Plus, its so particular. It just doesn't sound made up. Plus, he proved you all wrong about Ndukwe being at practice since it seems he had the day off. And finally, again, admit it, it seems plausible for Mike Brown, based on his history of behavior.

I also want to point out that it always seems to be the same 6 or 7 posters bashing the hell out of anyone saying something that doesn't paint the Bengals franchise in a positive light. I like the juicy insider stuff. Being 0-4, most insider stuff now will probably be pretty negative. And yes some of it is true, some of it is false. But no matter which it is, at least initially, you 6 or 7 people seem guaranteed to shit all over it.

Anyway... CO, thanks for posting and I hope you don't let a few posters deter you from sharing in the future.

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707179' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:19 PM']This board has more blind homers than any other Bengal message board I've seen Have you guys been asleep for the past 20 years? Do you not hear over and over again how cheap Mike is? Christ, he won't pay for a halfway decent free agent, do you really believe he gives a shit about the health of the guys who are actually on his team? There is a reason free-agents don't come here, and it isn't only because we're a losing team...it's because we're a losing ORGANIZATION. Top to bottom, this is poorest run franchise in sports. Does it really surprise anyone that Mike wouldn't supply the same amenities that EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM does? He is cheap bastard, and this is par for the course. This "7th round pick who hasn't done anything" is currently the most productive defensive player we have, and I'll be happy for him when his contract expires and he play for a real NFL team.

Of course, it doesn't surprise me that you sheep are so loyal. Despite 20 years with no playoff victories, the season is sold out yet again, and will continue to be sold out for years more than likely. Mike will be sitting on your hard earned money, with no incentive to bring his organization into the 21st century...you losers will be sitting in your over-priced seats at PBS, with a "WTF???" look on your faces, as his team continues to find new ways to embarrass itself.[/quote]

Please don't hold back or sugar-coat it--tell us what you REALLY think!

[quote name='SF2' post='707207' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:47 PM']The Cowboys have been to the playoffs 6 times since 1995 and have a record of 96-94 (51%) for the regular season. Jerry Jones did act like an idiot for a few years after Jimmy Johnson and it cost the team dearly once Johnson's players had left. Jones finally came to his senses and realized he needed help. He then hired Parcells. Parcells rebuilt the organization and they have been a quality team since but have choked in the playoffs as of late no doubt.

The Bengals are 76-124 during that time frame. Thats a 39% win rate. They have 1 playoff appearance of course.

Considering the Cowboys won 3 Superbowls in the 90s and are currently on of the best teams in the league, I find your argument without merit. The only thing keeping the FAs away from Dallas is need and the salary cap. The only reason FAs come here is we can pay them and its the best offer. No way any FA would pick us over Dallas unless the money was huge.[/quote]

Wait, aren`t Playoff WINS and Super Bowls all that matters?
I have seen you say that numerous times. You can`t have
it both ways.

Fact is, The Cowboys have not won a Playoff game since 1996.
So whether you think it has merit or not, it does.

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='707184' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:24 PM']Let me clarify. He will not pay but the players tip or pay, whatever you want to call it. I didn't realize until midway through this thread that Mike Brown wasn't paying these doctors that he no longer allows in the locker room or to travel with the team. If my friend's husband did charge them, Brown wouldn't pay for it. I'm sorry for any confusion.[/quote]
In this case I do think there is a legit reason that he won't let them in the locker room or travel with the team.

I do wonder if we are the only team that doesn't have these...perhaps they figure that the team doctor can double as a chiropractor. I get where you are coming from, but I think you always have to take information with a grain of salt. How many people don't complain about their place of work?

Willie 'happy in Baltimore' doesn't surprise me, but that really doesn't say much about this franchise in my eyes. Who wouldn't be happy to be protecting a shit quarterback for 11 million?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707206' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:45 PM']Marvin has been quoted as saying that he has
NEVER been around ANYONE that wants to win
MORE than Mike Brown does. That would include
The Rooneys and Daniel Snyder.

Obviously, the results don`t match that.
But neither has Jerry Jones' results, since 1995.

Mike Brown has spent his life being around the NFL.
He was taught how to run an NFL Orginization by his Father,
who is considered a Legend. He is doing things the way he
was taught. Just like most would do if their Father was
a pioneer and Legend in some industry, taught them how
to do it their way, and was handed that business.[/quote]

All may be true, but the problem is he thinks he can evaluate talent . Mike may have been brought up around the business, but he is not a football guy and never will be. He can run the business side and negotiate contracts, but he should give full control of the team ( Who is drafted, who starts, FA signings, what type of offense and defense we play ) to someone who knows football maybe a marty schottenheimer.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707210' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:50 PM']Wait, aren`t Playoff WINS and Super Bowls all that matters?
I have seen you say that numerous times. You can`t have
it both ways.

Fact is, The Cowboys have not won a Playoff game since 1996.
So whether you think it has merit or not, it does.[/quote]

Making it to the playoffs is goal one. Winning playoff games is goal two. Playing in the Superbowl and winning is the ultimate goal.

Which team currently has the best chance of accomplishing any of these goals? Which team on a year by year basis has the best chance of accomplishing any of these goals? The Cowboys at least have a chance to make it to goal 2 on a regular basis, we have had 1 chance in 17 years.

Sorry, comparing us to the Cowboys will never fly and no sain sports person would buy your line of reasoning.

[quote name='GoatGreen' post='707208' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:48 PM']Anyone can just copy and paste news articles. Hell, an RSS feed will do it automatically for you.[/quote]

That is the second time I have seen you take a shot at me.

A lot of people thank me for what I do. And Go has even said
that traffic dies when I don`t do what I do.

I don`t use RSS feeds. I actually search numerous sites, and do
numerous searches, to copy and paste articles. And I have been
doing it for this site for years. I put a lot of my time into trying
to make this The Best Bengals Site on the Net. So I would appreciate
it if you did not act like I just do shit that anyone could do.

I got curious and had to look it up in comparing the Bengals to the Cowboys.

Since 1990, the Bengals are 106-182 , an average of 5.88 wins per season.

The Cowboys won 141 games in that span (regular season) with an average of 7.33 wins per season.

If you look at just the 2000s, the Bengals are 54-74, an average of 6.75 wins per season. The Cowboys are 58-70 in that span, an average of 7.25 wins per season.

The 200s aren't that far off. However, I think it would be hard pressed to find many organizations with a worse record for two consecutive decades. All organizations have a streak of bad seasons, the Bengals seem to be the model of bad consistency.

Right now, I'm thinking that the Lions have possibly had a worse two consecutive decades than us, however, their fans are screaming as well.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='707211' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:51 PM']In this case I do think there is a legit reason that he won't let them in the locker room or travel with the team.

I do wonder if we are the only team that doesn't have these...perhaps they figure that the team doctor can double as a chiropractor. I get where you are coming from, but I think you always have to take information with a grain of salt. How many people don't complain about their place of work?[/quote]

The Bengals, relative to other teams, have a much smaller medical staff. I did have the standard number of each specialty doctor but I didn't save that text.

[quote name='SF2' post='707214' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:57 PM']Making it to the playoffs is goal one. Winning playoff games is goal two. Playing in the Superbowl and winning is the ultimate goal.

Which team currently has the best chance of accomplishing any of these goals? Which team on a year by year basis has the best chance of accomplishing any of these goals? The Cowboys at least have a chance to make it to goal 2 on a regular basis, we have had 1 chance in 17 years.

Sorry, comparing us to the Cowboys will never fly and no sain sports person would buy your line of reasoning.[/quote]

I would say that the Bengals have a lower margin for error,
because Jerry Jones was a Billionaire before he even entered
the NFL, and it is like a hobby or play thing for him. But they
have basically had the same results in the past 10 years+.

So is it just bad luck for him, but not bad luck for Mike Brown?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707215' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:58 PM']A lot of people thank me for what I do. And Go has even said
that traffic dies when I don`t do what I do.[/quote]

You're right, that was out of line. I too very much appreciate what you contribute to the site and it will always be better than a straight feed because you organize them and filter out the boring stuff.

So again, I won't edit my previous post but I apologize for that comment. It was a reaction to my perception that you use the value of your contributions here as justification to shit all over others who are also making contributions.

[quote name='GoatGreen' post='707219' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:02 PM']You're right, that was out of line. I too very much appreciate what you contribute to the site and it will always be better than a straight feed because you organize them and filter out the boring stuff.

So again, I won't edit my previous post but I apologize for that comment. I was a reaction to my perception that you use the value of your contributions here as justification to shit all over others who are also making contributions.[/quote]

Apology accepted. But I just offer my opinion like everyone else here.
What I do for this site doesn`t make me feel like I am entitled to
give my opinion any more or less than the next fan.

I do what I do because I enjoy helping out other Bengals fans.
ANd I truly want this to be the Best, most informed Bengals Site on the Net.
Not for any other reasons.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707218' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:02 PM']So is it just bad luck for him, but not bad luck for Mike Brown?[/quote]

Every team is going to have their bad runs, no matter who you are. It's the level of consistency at which we suck that is so frustrating.

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='707184' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:24 PM']Let me clarify. He will not pay but the players tip or pay, whatever you want to call it. I didn't realize until midway through this thread that Mike Brown wasn't paying these doctors that he no longer allows in the locker room or to travel with the team. If my friend's husband did charge them, Brown wouldn't pay for it. I'm sorry for any confusion.[/quote]

the information CO provides may or may not be true...

but it does fit the situation. mike brown does not have a GM. the bengals are consistent losers, even with drafted talent. the majority of players who have been here say outright that the facilities, amenities, and organization is superior at their new teams...

again, CO may be lying, but what he says is not inconsistent.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707192' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:33 PM']Excuse me Mr Turd. But if we are "sheep", then what the fuck
are you? Just some asshat that hangs around Bengals boards
making fun of real fans?

I mean, if you really think what you just typed, then why are you
on ANY Bengals boards at all? Just to rant and bitch about this
shitty franchise, and tell others how dumb and blind they are
to be fans of, and support this laughing stock?[/quote]

I'm a Bengals fan because I was born in this city, and I started following them from a young age. Before I knew any better. If I could just forget about them and jump on some other team's bandwagon, I would; it would save me a lot of agony every sunday. But I'm in this for better or worse. Believe me, I'd love to see this team win on a consistent basis, but like Marvin says, "I see better than I hear". What I've seen is 20 years, almost my entire time on this earth, of awful football. I see an organization that hasn't adapted it's business model to fit with the current times, which in the real business world would get people fired and companies shut down. And at the forefront of this black hole of bullshit, I see Mike Brown.

What's the point of having hope when there is no hope to be had?

And ROTFLMAO at your notion of Mike Brown being a competent GM. Owner maybe, only because he makes money regardless of the product he puts out. But what in the bloody hell has he done as a General Manager that would lead you to believe he's anything close to being competent? Take off the orange and black glasses, guy.

[quote name='bubba' post='707213' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:55 PM']All may be true, but the problem is he thinks he can evaluate talent . Mike may have been brought up around the business, but he is not a football guy and never will be. He can run the business side and negotiate contracts, but he should give full control of the team ( Who is drafted, who starts, FA signings, what type of offense and defense we play ) to someone who knows football maybe a marty schottenheimer.[/quote]

I don't think this team lacks talent.
And I don`t think they have a problem finding talent in later rounds
(Ndukwe, TJ, Stacy Andrews, Geathers, Peko for examples).

I think they have had some shitty luck with inuries (Pollack, Tab, Chris Perry, Weathersby ect).
And I think the changing of the rules (Conduct policy) hurt a lot the past few seasons.

I also think changing Defensive coaches so frequent has hurt.

I just think this team has had a lot more bad luck than most.

Now don`t get me wrong, I think Mike Brown did a horrible job
of running this Franchise up until 2002. But I don`t think the
way he ran it then, has much to do with how it is ran now.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707218' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:02 PM']I would say that the Bengals have a lower margin for error,
because Jerry Jones was a Billionaire before he even entered
the NFL, and it is like a hobby or play thing for him. But they
have basically had the same results in the past 10 years+.

So is it just bad luck for him, but not bad luck for Mike Brown?[/quote]

We have not had the same results the past 10 years. Dallas has been more consistent and has made the playoffs more.

I never said the Cowboys had bad luck, I said Jerry Jones got full of himself for a few years but finally swallowed his pride and hired Parcells. They haven't had bad luck in the playoffs, they have CHOKED.

We haven't had bad luck, we have gotten everything we deserve.

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='706956' date='Oct 1 2008, 01:06 AM']Chinedum was just over here. We are now officially the only team without a chiropractor and massage therapist. he said they are so backwards here. He can believe it, all the guys are doing now are counting the days to get out of here. Willie is so happy in Baltimore....etc.

Chinedum is one of a couple of bright spots on this team. We need change terribly. Mike Brown's cheap ass needs to realize this. Look around the league. Why would anyone want to come here Mike? Tell us. I hope you have one hell of a salemen trying to bring in recruits that doesn't mind lying his ass off just to get people in here. This is truly where FAs go to retire.....until something changes, which we know won't happen.[/quote]

When you say Chinedum I'm assuming you mean Ndukwe, or however the fuck it's spelled. Personally, I don't think it's right for you to be putting his name out in public like that in this type of situation. God only knows the repercussions it could cause for him amongst the owner and coaches. Think before you post.
MULLY

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707229' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:14 PM']I don't think this team lacks talent.

I think they have had some shitty luck with inuries (Pollack, Tab, Chris Perry, Weathersby ect).
[b]And I think the changing of the rules (Conduct policy) hurt a lot the past few seasons.
[/b]

way he ran it then, has much to do with how it is ran now.[/quote]

There wouldn't be a conduct policy if Mikey didn't draft criminal fuck-ups like Chris Henry and Odell Thurman. It wasn't like there weren't issues with both of those clowns before they were even picked.

Maybe if our esteemed general manager actually invested some of the millions of dollars he's sitting on into a larger scouting staff, he wouldn't have to gamble on idiots like Thurman, Henry and the countless other dipshit's he's taken since '02.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707229' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:14 PM']I don't think this team lacks talent.

And I think the changing of the rules (Conduct policy) hurt a lot the past few seasons.

way he ran it then, has much to do with how it is ran now.[/quote]

oldschooler, I completely understand what you are saying. And I think sometimes, teams have their streak of bad luck. But when bad luck is the only consistency, I have to look for an underlying cause. I wonder if a lack of medical staff and training is putting our team on the field in lesser physical condition and health than other teams. When you play injured, out of shape, etc, you are putting yourself at greater risk of being/getting injured.

If I sat on my couch, ran once or twice a month and lifted weights when I felt like it and went out to play football against a bunch of guys who work out and train extensively, I would expect to get injured. There is a domino effect on decision making and a causal relationship for many things other than just plain and simple bad luck.

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='707162' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:52 PM']No, they didn't want paid.

Apparently you guys don't want to hear what I've got to say so I'll discontinue sharing with you bunch of assholes. Enjoy the true news from the local media that we know is all completely true. I will keep my insight to myself as I find it more interesting than the crap Cincinnati media puts out and then tries to backtrack on.[/quote]

Yep, we are all assholes because we are skeptical about a text message from a friend of a friend of a friend. Please do discontinue sharing if you can't back up your claims with some credibility.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='707234' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:21 PM']Yep, we are all assholes because we are skeptical about a text message from a friend of a friend of a friend. Please do discontinue sharing if you can't back up your claims with some credibility.[/quote]

Tell me exactly how you wish me to back it up. Anyone that posts anything on here could be lying. Don't read my posts. Do you want me to follow Ndukwe around and take photos with a time stamp? And by the way, my friend directly knows Ndukwe. It isn't a friend of a friend of a friend's cousin.

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707232' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:20 AM']There wouldn't be a conduct policy if Mikey didn't draft criminal fuck-ups like Chris Henry and Odell Thurman. It wasn't like there weren't issues with both of those clowns before they were even picked.

Maybe if our esteemed general manager actually invested some of the millions of dollars he's sitting on into a larger scouting staff, he wouldn't have to gamble on idiots like Thurman, Henry and the countless other dipshit's he's taken since '02.[/quote]

That's not really fair though. Every team out there drafts these criminals, we just took the brunt of it in the media. God knows I'll never excuse the shit Henry has done but there are players on other teams all around the league just as bad and even worse than him. This isn't a Cincinnati/Mike Brown problem, it just looks like that in the media.
MULLY

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707232' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:20 PM']There wouldn't be a conduct policy if Mikey didn't draft criminal fuck-ups like Chris Henry and Odell Thurman. It wasn't like there weren't issues with both of those clowns before they were even picked.

Maybe if our esteemed general manager actually invested some of the millions of dollars he's sitting on into a larger scouting staff, he wouldn't have to gamble on idiots like Thurman, Henry and the countless other dipshit's he's taken since '02.[/quote]

if you honestly think that NO other team would have drafted thurman or henry had we not, you're only fooling yourself.

Archived