I just got this text message

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='707234' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:21 PM']Yep, we are all assholes because we are skeptical about a text message from a friend of a friend of a friend. Please do discontinue sharing if you can't back up your claims with some credibility.[/quote]

Insider information is rarely able to be immediately verified. I base my belief of said statement on how many other statements turned out to be true x The plausibility of said statement.

i belive this guys text, not sure why some of you aren't! i remember on of the show on nfl network they had kijana carter saying that mike brown is so cheap that when he was first drafted they hardly had any towels after they took showers that he went out and bought everyone a brand new towel. fucking pathetic! as long as mike brown is our owner, we will never win the superbowl even if Jesus coached us!

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='707236' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:24 PM']Tell me exactly how you wish me to back it up. Anyone that posts anything on here could be lying. Don't read my posts. Do you want me to follow Ndukwe around and take photos with a time stamp? And by the way, my friend directly knows Ndukwe. It isn't a friend of a friend of a friend's cousin.[/quote]

If you offer it back it up. That is called credibility. Anyone can come on here and say they got a text message crticizing ownership.

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707227' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:13 PM']I'm a Bengals fan because I was born in this city, and I started following them from a young age. Before I knew any better. If I could just forget about them and jump on some other team's bandwagon, I would; it would save me a lot of agony every sunday. But I'm in this for better or worse. Believe me, I'd love to see this team win on a consistent basis, but like Marvin says, "I see better than I hear". What I've seen is 20 years, almost my entire time on this earth, of awful football. I see an organization that hasn't adapted it's business model to fit with the current times, which in the real business world would get people fired and companies shut down. And at the forefront of this black hole of bullshit, I see Mike Brown.

What's the point of having hope when there is no hope to be had?

And ROTFLMAO at your notion of Mike Brown being a competent GM. Owner maybe, only because he makes money regardless of the product he puts out. But what in the bloody hell has he done as a General Manager that would lead you to believe he's anything close to being competent? Take off the orange and black glasses, guy.[/quote]

I am so sick of people calling me a sheep,
and saying I need to take off glasses.

This team has talent. But there are 3 players left on this team
that were here before Marvin arrived. All of them are on Offense
(Levi, Chad and TJ).

Carson, Chad, TJ, Chris Perry, Levi, Stacy, Bobbie Williams, Ghiaciuc,
Henry, Kooistra, Kelly and Kenny Watson are the only players that are left from the
2005 team. And 7 of those players have been injured, or coming off of injury
or suspended this year. And almost all of those 7 players are at the skill positions.
And 4 of those 12 players were starters in 2005. And 3 of those 4 have been/are
injured this season.

And there are no players on Defense that were here before Marvin arrived.
Fanene, Geathers amd John Thornton are all that is left from the 2005 Defense.

So they have 18 players left (counting Shayne, Larson and St Louis),
out of 53, left from as recent as 2005.

Obviously Marvin meant it when he said he was going to blow it up.
The Bengals have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, right now.
Couple that with the changing of Defensive coaches, and an you have
what you have right now. A team with talent, but a team that is struggling
to be consitent and win.

But show me another team that has had such a high turnover rate
of personell, in such a short span, and that is winning.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='707246' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:33 PM']If you offer it back it up. That is called credibility. Anyone can come on here and say they got a text message crticizing ownership.[/quote]

You are correct Mr. Brown. In what way would you like me to back it up?

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='707237' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:25 PM']That's not really fair though. Every team out there drafts these criminals, we just took the brunt of it in the media. God knows I'll never excuse the shit Henry has done but there are players on other teams all around the league just as bad and even worse than him. This isn't a Cincinnati/Mike Brown problem, it just looks like that in the media.
MULLY[/quote]

What isn't fair about it? Sure, there are countless other players and teams that have their share of legal trouble, but the staggering number of Bengals arrested since 04' got the most headlines; How many other teams did Goodell personally address about the conduct policy? They embarrassed the NFL, the Franchise, and this city. The fact that people are still harping on it now is a little unfair, but we've earned it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='707239' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:26 PM']if you honestly think that NO other team would have drafted thurman or henry had we not, you're only fooling yourself.[/quote]

Someone would've taken them, yeah. But it didn't have to be us. And we didn't have to take BOTH of them in the same draft.

Odell I would chalk up to bad luck, because the guy obviously has some issues with addiction and came from a terrible background. Mike and Marvin thought they could change him, but they couldn't. Now he's gone, so lesson learned. But the Henry fiasco is in-defensible. He screwed up countless times, and we welcomed him back after every incident. And when Marvin finally steps up and says "enough is enough" (which he should've done a long time ago), Mike goes over his head and brings him back.

It's fucking pathetic.

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707232' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:20 PM']There wouldn't be a conduct policy if Mikey didn't draft criminal fuck-ups like Chris Henry and Odell Thurman. It wasn't like there weren't issues with both of those clowns before they were even picked.

Maybe if our esteemed general manager actually invested some of the millions of dollars he's sitting on into a larger scouting staff, he wouldn't have to gamble on idiots like Thurman, Henry and the countless other dipshit's he's taken since '02.[/quote]

That's just dumb.

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707259' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:54 PM']What isn't fair about it? Sure, there are countless other players and teams that have their share of legal trouble, but the staggering number of Bengals arrested since 04' got the most headlines; How many other teams did Goodell personally address about the conduct policy? They embarrassed the NFL, the Franchise, and this city. The fact that people are still harping on it now is a little unfair, but we've earned it.[/quote]

Actually, it was the Vikings boat scandal that started the talk of a Conduct Policy.
And that was in 2005. Goodell took over at the beginning of the 2006 season.
And he said that he was going to clean up the League's image. So the fact
that the Bengals had players arrested, wasn't why the Policy was put in place.

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707261' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:59 PM']Someone would've taken them, yeah. But it didn't have to be us. And we didn't have to take BOTH of them in the same draft.

Odell I would chalk up to bad luck, because the guy obviously has some issues with addiction and came from a terrible background. Mike and Marvin thought they could change him, but they couldn't. Now he's gone, so lesson learned. But the Henry fiasco is in-defensible. He screwed up countless times, and we welcomed him back after every incident. And when Marvin finally steps up and says "enough is enough" (which he should've done a long time ago), Mike goes over his head and brings him back.

It's fucking pathetic.[/quote]

I'll agree with you that they shouldn't have taken two risks in one year, but in general I don't mind them taking 1 moderate risk (like shirley this year) per draft. And agreed on Henry, I didn't want him back, but he's here now so I'm going to root for him on and off the field.

I would tend to beleive that it would be common in the NFL for non-team employed persons to NOT be allowed in the facilites. With how tight liped the coaches are I would think that is the policy for every team in the NFL. Especailly given the use of test messages, emails, cammera phones, blackberry's etc...

That said, maybe other teams do have hired employees to fill these roles.

As far a Duke goes -------- he has never been anywhere else to know and the grass is always greener. Remember TKO leaving and being soooooooooo impressed with the Bills. He won less games than the Bengals over the same time span.

As far as Willie and the others ------------ what are they going to say about there new teams?

[quote name='Turd Ferguson' post='707259' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:54 PM']What isn't fair about it? Sure, there are countless other players and teams that have their share of legal trouble, but the staggering number of Bengals arrested since 04' got the most headlines; How many other teams did Goodell personally address about the conduct policy? They embarrassed the NFL, the Franchise, and this city. The fact that people are still harping on it now is a little unfair, but we've earned it.[/quote]
Staggering number of Bengals arrested? I agree that it was high and embarrasing, but get real...there were teams in that same time frame that had just as many or more arrests, many of which were FAR more serious than anything Henry ever did (outside of waving that gun and being a dumbass in general) but it doesn't get the publicity that the Bengal arrests did.

Look it up, it is a FACT. Look up the Chargers, for instance.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='707290' date='Oct 1 2008, 09:48 AM']Staggering number of Bengals arrested? I agree that it was high and embarrasing, but get real...there were teams in that same time frame that had just as many or more arrests, many of which were FAR more serious than anything Henry ever did (outside of waving that gun and being a dumbass in general) but it doesn't get the publicity that the Bengal arrests did.

Look it up, it is a FACT. Look up the Chargers, for instance.[/quote]

Exactly! Again, I'm in no way saying that the shit Henry did should be excused, I hate his dumb ass, but to lay all that shit on Mike Brown just isn't fair because just about every team in the league has players being arrested for stupid shit. All I'm saying is that Mike Brown isn't the only owner drafting punk ass bitches.
MULLY

Same old arguments but here we go again, I suppose;

Conduct Policy - It's selectively enforced, simple as that. Why is Jared Allen not suspended? What about Marvin Harrison blasting away with a custom-made Belgian hand cannon in a parking lot? Or did we all forget about that stuff?

Indoor Practice Facility - Yeah they should have to conduct every practice on some shitty parking lot field in December, it makes a man out of ya! And when our players step in a gopher hole and break their legs running drills, well.. they're just pussies, I guess.

And finally, my personal favorite. The "I've lived here all my life therefore must follow the Bengals" thing. Christ, what is this, Braveheart? It's a football team, not some civil war militia. Is your identity really so closely tied to a group of professional athletes over who you have absolutely no control? I mean seriously.. If they're really causing you so much pain and anguish, quit being an idiot and find something else to do with your time. I watch a roughly 3 hour game on Sunday, and yeah it sucks when they lose, but my God.. It's not like it's ruining my life here. It's just entertainment, and if it stopped being entertaining I'd find something else to do. I'd still be a Bengals fan, and I still want them to win and all that.. But I'll be damned if I'm going to get so tied up in a football team that it's going to drastically affect me one way or another. If that makes me less of a fan in your eyes, that's also something I can live with. I would say you're confusing being a football fan with some kinda weird self-flagellation, but that's not my problem, either. Sure it sucks that they're 0-4 but I think it's safe to say that damn near everyone on this board has bigger problems.. So, yknow.. Maybe we can keep the melodrama to a minimum?

[quote name='T-Dub' post='707312' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:36 PM']Same old arguments but here we go again, I suppose;

Conduct Policy - It's selectively enforced, simple as that. Why is Jared Allen not suspended? What about Marvin Harrison blasting away with a custom-made Belgian hand cannon in a parking lot? Or did we all forget about that stuff?

Indoor Practice Facility - Yeah they should have to conduct every practice on some shitty parking lot field in December, it makes a man out of ya! And when our players step in a gopher hole and break their legs running drills, well.. they're just pussies, I guess.

And finally, my personal favorite. The "I've lived here all my life therefore must follow the Bengals" thing. Christ, what is this, Braveheart? It's a football team, not some civil war militia. Is your identity really so closely tied to a group of professional athletes over who you have absolutely no control? I mean seriously.. If they're really causing you so much pain and anguish, quit being an idiot and find something else to do with your time. I watch a roughly 3 hour game on Sunday, and yeah it sucks when they lose, but my God.. It's not like it's ruining my life here. It's just entertainment, and if it stopped being entertaining I'd find something else to do. I'd still be a Bengals fan, and I still want them to win and all that.. But I'll be damned if I'm going to get so tied up in a football team that it's going to drastically affect me one way or another. If that makes me less of a fan in your eyes, that's also something I can live with. I would say you're confusing being a football fan with some kinda weird self-flagellation, but that's not my problem, either. Sure it sucks that they're 0-4 but I think it's safe to say that damn near everyone on this board has bigger problems.. So, yknow.. Maybe we can keep the melodrama to a minimum?[/quote]
I agree with your first and last points, but take issue with your take on the indoor practice facility. Gopher holes? Gimme a break, like the Bengals currently practice in a parking lot "turn around at the Buick and I'll hit ya"...whatever.

My point was that a team like the Bengals that has an outdoor stadium don't need a fucking indoor bubble to practice in. Why shouldn't you practice in the same elements you'll face in the games?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='707315' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:00 PM']I agree with your first and last points, but take issue with your take on the indoor practice facility. Gopher holes? Gimme a break, like the Bengals currently practice in a parking lot "turn around at the Buick and I'll hit ya"...whatever.

My point was that a team like the Bengals that has an outdoor stadium don't need a fucking indoor bubble to practice in. Why shouldn't you practice in the same elements you'll face in the games?[/quote]

Have you seen the Bengal's practice field? It looks like a re-sodded parking lot to me.. And not recently re-sodded, either. I could see holding the occasional practice outdoors, but every single one? I don't think that's required, and considering everyone else has an indoor facility I don't think there's much argument for their necessity. All the other non-dome teams seem to handle it ok.

And even if they *should* practice outdoors, the fact remains that we're the only team this far north making player do so, and that's one more reason not to sign here as a FA. Yeah we worked out a deal with UC so in a way it's a non-issue, but if we lag behind the rest of the league in facilities and amenities and free Gatorade and all that other stuff, that's a problem.

I can see both sides of this argument.
On the massage therapist thing - if a person works as a construction worker and gets sore muscles from his job, his employer is not going to pay for his massages and will fight him tooth and nail if he tries to get a chiropractor paid for. Now who knows what process MB goes through with this. Does he NEVER pay for a chiropractor or massage therapist or if the Bengals doctors say a player needs them does he then fork over the cash?
Sure he's being cheap but MB is old school and the players he grew up around didn't act like pampered brats.
Now it is a problem because if every other team is providing it then it obviously gives our losing team one more thing to gripe about. If we were 4-0 right now I'm sure none of the players would be too worried about it. It also does hurt our ability to bring in free agents who are in their prime.
Should we have a chiropractor - probably. A massage therapist - that seems borderline frivolous and a bit fruity. Sit in the ice tub, rub some dirt on it and then take your sore ass home to count your millions.

On the practice bubble. Would it be nice to practice out of the elements when you play a dome team - yes. Do we play dome teams in the AFCN- no. Including Dallas and Houston - which might be open - we play all of three dome games this year. Our away games in November and December are at Indy (dome), at Cleveland, at Pittsburgh in no particular order.
So practicing in a bubble would benefit us ONE WEEK this season.
If they have the bubble the players will expect to use it every day. This is just one more way for a soft team to get softer.

Is MB cheap - yes, yes, a million times yes. Is that the reason we suck right now? - not in a long shot.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='707349' date='Oct 1 2008, 03:11 AM']On the practice bubble. Would it be nice to practice out of the elements when you play a dome team - yes. Do we play dome teams in the AFCN- no. Including Dallas and Houston - which might be open - we play all of three dome games this year. Our away games in November and December are at Indy (dome), at Cleveland, at Pittsburgh in no particular order.
So practicing in a bubble would benefit us ONE WEEK this season.
If they have the bubble the players will expect to use it every day. This is just one more way for a soft team to get softer.

Is MB cheap - yes, yes, a million times yes. Is that the reason we suck right now? - not in a long shot.[/quote]

Oh yeah, the lack of a bubble has REALLY toughened up our team. That's why we have fewer injuries than and tougher players than those 'soft' teams (i.e. the Ravens, Steelers, etc.) that practice in a bubble every day. Admit it, Mike Brown is a cheap bastard. That's why he pocketed the 9 million he saved by cutting Willie, Rudi, and Deltha rather than re-sign any of our players that have contracts expiring.

And the real fun will start when we get to the 2010 uncapped year. Mike Brown will sit on his hands (as usual) while agressive owners (like Jerry Jones) will LOAD UP. If you think the talent disparity is bad now, wait until 2010. I only hope there is an agreement before then, otherwise it could take us YEARS to recover.

[size=7][center][size=7]FUCK MIKE BROWN [/size][/center]
[/size]

The Titans got a bubble, and we all know how they roll.

Shit what am I doing?

Nashiville only five hours away,

I've lived there...

I can be...a TITANS FAN!!!!!!

I now have on my team, the best defensive tackle in the league on a dominate line, a sick pair of running backs... an elite head coach, they got a bubble, general manager, state of the art staff... I now root for a perenial playoff contender!!!

[b][size=4]I HAVE DONE IT!!!!![/b][/size]

Playoffs 2009, we have just had bad luck, bitches. I want you guys to do the following

1. Reach down and grab your sacks
2. Dig deep inside and know that Mike Brown loves you
3. Continue defending Mikey and his coaches with excuse after excuse.
4. Let OUT a HUGE WHO DEY!

If we all do this as fans then we can get out of this slump, I just know it.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='707358' date='Oct 1 2008, 06:07 AM']Playoffs 2009, we have just had bad luck, bitches. I want you guys to do the following

1. Reach down and grab your sacks
2. Dig deep inside and know that Mike Brown loves you
3. Continue defending Mikey and his coaches with excuse after excuse.
4. Let OUT a HUGE WHO DEY!

If we all do this as fans then we can get out of this slump, I just know it.[/quote]

Or we could be like a fucking parrot squwaking about the same shit over and over.
That'll surely get us to the Playoffs! :headbang:

Anyway, about your little list.

1. You know what you have when you put nuts on a wall? Walnuts.
You know what you have when you put nuts on your chest? Chestnuts.
You know what you have when you put nuts on your chin? A dick in your mouth.
2. Mike Brown may be deep inside you. But not me.
3. Continue to bitch about the Coaches and Front Office that gave you the
hope and expectations that aren`t being met at the moment. Act like they
are the problem, when they are the one's that gave you the hope and expectations
in the first place. That'll show them!
4. Take a few Midols, curl up in a fetal position and cry yourself to sleep.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='707350' date='Oct 1 2008, 05:42 AM']Oh yeah, the lack of a bubble has REALLY toughened up our team. That's why we have fewer injuries than and tougher players than those 'soft' teams (i.e. the Ravens, Steelers, etc.) that practice in a bubble every day. Admit it, Mike Brown is a cheap bastard. That's why he pocketed the 9 million he saved by cutting Willie, Rudi, and Deltha rather than re-sign any of our players that have contracts expiring.

And the real fun will start when we get to the 2010 uncapped year. Mike Brown will sit on his hands (as usual) while agressive owners (like Jerry Jones) will LOAD UP. If you think the talent disparity is bad now, wait until 2010. I only hope there is an agreement before then, otherwise it could take us YEARS to recover.

[size=7][center][size=7]FUCK MIKE BROWN [/size][/center]
[/size][/quote]

lol, just where do YOU, or anyone propose we put this bubble? Last I checked, cincinnati wasn't exactly bubbling with available 15 acre plots of land.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='707368' date='Oct 1 2008, 07:45 AM']Or we could be like a fucking parrot squwaking about the same shit over and over.
That'll surely get us to the Playoffs! :headbang:

Anyway, about your little list.

1. You know what you have when you put nuts on a wall? Walnuts.
You know what you have when you put nuts on your chest? Chestnuts.
You know what you have when you put nuts on your chin? A dick in your mouth.
2. Mike Brown may be deep inside you. But not me.
3. Continue to bitch about the Coaches and Front Office that gave you the
hope and expectations that aren`t being met at the moment. Act like they
are the problem, when they are the one's that gave you the hope and expectations
in the first place. That'll show them!
4. Take a few Midols, curl up in a fetal position and cry yourself to sleep.[/quote]

Will this get us to the playoffs??? My plan pretty much guaranteed it. If you can stand behind your, then I will accept it.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='707386' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:34 AM']Will this get us to the playoffs??? My plan pretty much guaranteed it. If you can stand behind your, then I will accept it.[/quote]

you probably were spewing your typical bullshit, but I find it funny that just 2 days ago you made a post that said "10-6 is still a real possibility".

Archived