UC shocks West Virginia in OT

oldschooler

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='727479' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:44 PM']you may be right as I read the sugar bowl was a possibility today. The Big East DOES have an automatic BCS bid, it just may not be tied to a specific bowl.

Hopefully UC has a strong showing as the Big East contract is coming up and there are many out there who want to take away their BCS automatic bid.[/quote]

This is why I want to stay clear of USC and Oklahoma, and Florida if they somehow don't end up in the big game. These are the three teams that would probably embarass UC. Thankfully, USC will not be an option, since they will either play a Big10 team in the Rose Bowl, or meet the SEC, ACC, or Big12 champs in one of the other bowls with tie-ins. OU is also probably not an option, as they will most likely avoid a rematch. Still, I do think the Oklahoma game was a lot closer than the 52-26 score suggests, especially with the QB problems they had going on in that game with Grutza going down.

ok we are either playing the Sugar Bowl or Orange Bowl. I talked to someone who knows all about this. The Sugar Bowl gets to choose first so its basically a lock for the Orange bowl because they are the LAST bowl game to pick from the BCS bowl game eligible teams. Since UC normally doesnt travel well we will most likely be put in the Orange Bowl.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='727555' date='Nov 25 2008, 01:38 AM']ok we are either playing the Sugar Bowl or Orange Bowl. I talked to someone who knows all about this. The Sugar Bowl gets to choose first so its basically a lock for the Orange bowl because they are the LAST bowl game to pick from the BCS bowl game eligible teams. Since UC normally doesnt travel well we will most likely be put in the Orange Bowl.[/quote]

that makes sense. Since the Sugar Bowl is basically a lock at this point to lose the #1 SEC team to the championship game, they get to choose whoever they want as a replacement and can choose the Big East champ if they choose. Next the Tostito's Bowl will be able to choose a replacement as they are going to lose the #1 Big 12 team to the championship game. So technically the Tostito's Bowl is a possibility for UC too, but it doesn't sound like they have any interest at this point.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='727571' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:42 AM']that makes sense. Since the Sugar Bowl is basically a lock at this point to lose the #1 SEC team to the championship game, they get to choose whoever they want as a replacement and can choose the Big East champ if they choose. Next the Tostito's Bowl will be able to choose a replacement as they are going to lose the #1 Big 12 team to the championship game. So technically the Tostito's Bowl is a possibility for UC too, but it doesn't sound like they have any interest at this point.[/quote]

They have a rotation system to decide the order in which they choose. Every 4 years, a different bowl chooses 1st, 2nd, etc. Which is good, because who wants to pay for a vacation to the middle of a sandy fucking desert?

God damn it, I'm still sore about the Reds moving their training facility there. :crazy:

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='727663' date='Nov 25 2008, 01:06 PM']They have a rotation system to decide the order in which they choose. Every 4 years, a different bowl chooses 1st, 2nd, etc. Which is good, because who wants to pay for a vacation to the middle of a sandy fucking desert?

God damn it, I'm still sore about the Reds moving their training facility there. :crazy:[/quote]

Phoenix is beautiful!

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='727684' date='Nov 25 2008, 01:46 PM']the reds new place si better than their old place.[/quote]

I'm sure it is - it better be. But going there compared to Sarasota and the Gulf Keys sucks ass. Bottom line, Sarasota was the best locale, and they knew if they didn't pay to upgrade the facilities, they'd be able to replace the Reds with a premium team like the Red Sox with no sweat.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='727820' date='Nov 25 2008, 09:22 PM']I'm sure it is - it better be. But going there compared to Sarasota and the Gulf Keys sucks ass. Bottom line, Sarasota was the best locale, and they knew if they didn't pay to upgrade the facilities, they'd be able to replace the Reds with a premium team like the Red Sox with no sweat.[/quote]

if u go to ST u will enjoy arizona more.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='727719' date='Nov 25 2008, 03:15 PM']hell yeah. i think UC actully will have a lot of people traveling to the bowl game.[/quote]

im going to try to get tickets and go. i want to go so bad.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='727863' date='Nov 26 2008, 03:16 AM']if u go to ST u will enjoy arizona more.[/quote]

I have been twice, though I didn't go specifically to see the Reds. That's really my point - people from the East go to Florida for spring vacations, not Arizona. I wouldn't go all the way across the country just to see the team - I'd rather just wait a month and watch them in Cincy. Besides, AZ has no beaches, no mangrove swamps for kayaking, no Disney stuff for those who dig that kind of stuff or have kids, and most importantly, no premier teams! The two times I went, I saw the Yanks and BoSox at Ed Smith Stadium.

A lot of it has to do with how perfect the Reds' location was. Sarasota is like Palm Beach as one of the 'ritziest' places in the state, and has blossomed in the Reds' time there. It is a beautiful, booming place, and the gulf keys have some of the best beaches in the state.

Archived