UC shocks West Virginia in OT

oldschooler

[quote name='Jason' post='727141' date='Nov 23 2008, 05:53 PM']Disagree. All of those teams have plenty of guys who will be playing in the NFL in a few years or less.[/quote]

Come on. Haha, the Bengals suck, they're not an NFL team, yada yada, whatever. Even the best college teams full of future 1st rounders - take 2001 Miami, for example - would be rolled by a shit unit like the Lions. There's just that much of a difference in size, speed, and complexity.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='727160' date='Nov 23 2008, 07:44 PM']back to the UC topic. i heard that we'll prolly play Boston College in the Orange Bowl. it's all speculations but hey, i think we have a good shot at wininng that.[/quote]

If they're in the Orange Bowl, I think they'll have a great chance to beat whoever is the ACC champ. I'll be happy with that matchup; there are several teams out there I want no part of - USC and Oklahoma, for example.

from many people i keep hearing we would go to orange bowl. then from other people i hear we would be going to sugar bowl vs the loser of Alabama-Florida. which is it or are both possible right now? i didnt use to follow college football at all and then i saw the game where Chatman almost did it and ive watched UC since. there hasnt ever been BCS talk until now so i havent cared to follow it closely. if its either then i hope to god its orange bowl cuz the SEC would rape us. we could beat an ACC team.

[quote name='Jason' post='727173' date='Nov 23 2008, 09:12 PM']The Bengals are hardly an NFL team.[/quote]

says a disgruntled fan not looking at things clearly...

The talent level between an NFL team and any college team is staggering. And that's not even factoring in more experienced players and a higher level of coaching.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='727193' date='Nov 24 2008, 01:53 AM']from many people i keep hearing we would go to orange bowl. then from other people i hear we would be going to sugar bowl vs the loser of Alabama-Florida. which is it or are both possible right now? i didnt use to follow college football at all and then i saw the game where Chatman almost did it and ive watched UC since. there hasnt ever been BCS talk until now so i havent cared to follow it closely. if its either then i hope to god its orange bowl cuz the SEC would rape us. we could beat an ACC team.[/quote]

it'll be the orange bowl, which is the Big East's tie in. Neither the Big East or ACC have a shot at the title game, so the orange bowl will have to take both the conference winners for the game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='727201' date='Nov 24 2008, 08:45 AM']says a disgruntled fan not looking at things clearly...

The talent level between an NFL team and any college team is staggering. And that's not even factoring in more experienced players and a higher level of coaching.[/quote]

I am of course being a little facetious, but in all honesty, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we played Florida, Oklahoma or USC and lost. Especially with all our current injuries.

[quote name='Jason' post='727455' date='Nov 24 2008, 03:54 PM']I am of course being a little facetious, but in all honesty, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we played Florida, Oklahoma or USC and lost. Especially with all our current injuries.[/quote]

Are people still not over how stupid statements like these are? I mean seriously.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='727202' date='Nov 24 2008, 07:47 AM']it'll be the orange bowl, which is the Big East's tie in. Neither the Big East or ACC have a shot at the title game, so the orange bowl will have to take both the conference winners for the game.[/quote]

I was under the impression the Big East doesn't have a tie-in. This is why reps from both the Sugar and Orange Bowls were at Nippert on Saturday, and why West Virginia crushed Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl last year. The ACC champ / surrogate always goes to the Orange Bowl, and I think this would be the easiest matchup for the Cats. However, I think Florida will beat Alabama, and Alabama would be beatable as well. Their 'marquee' wins seemed much more impressive at the time: (9) Clemson, now 6-5 and unrated. (3) Georgia, now #13. (15) LSU, now 7-4 and unrated, and nearly lost to Troy. They beat now-25 Mississippi at home by 4. In many ways, I'd prefer a matchup with Alabama, since this would be a more prized scalp than BC or GA Tech or even FSU, and I'm afraid a matchup of UC and BC wouldn't be able to sell out the Orange Bowl.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='727475' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:36 PM']I was under the impression the Big East doesn't have a tie-in. This is why reps from both the Sugar and Orange Bowls were at Nippert on Saturday, and why West Virginia crushed Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl last year. The ACC champ / surrogate always goes to the Orange Bowl, and I think this would be the easiest matchup for the Cats. However, I think Florida will beat Alabama, and Alabama would be beatable as well. Their 'marquee' wins seemed much more impressive at the time: (9) Clemson, now 6-5 and unrated. (3) Georgia, now #13. (15) LSU, now 7-4 and unrated, and nearly lost to Troy. They beat now-25 Mississippi at home by 4. In many ways, I'd prefer a matchup with Alabama, since this would be a more prized scalp than BC or GA Tech or even FSU, and I'm afraid a matchup of UC and BC wouldn't be able to sell out the Orange Bowl.[/quote]

you may be right as I read the sugar bowl was a possibility today. The Big East DOES have an automatic BCS bid, it just may not be tied to a specific bowl.

Hopefully UC has a strong showing as the Big East contract is coming up and there are many out there who want to take away their BCS automatic bid.

Archived