Official NFL player draft thread

My bad. I have been out of town all weekend and was too busy yesterday. msharp hasn't logged on since April 9th. I think it's safe to say we can start voting...

Here's his team:
QB -
RB - Matt Forte
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Eddie Royal
TE - Greg Olsen
LT - Joe Thomas
LG - Steve Hutchinson
C - Jason Brown
RG - Shawn Andrews
RT - Jason Peters

DE - Jared Allen
DT - Darnell Dockett
DT - Corey Williams
DE - Julius Peppers
OLB - A.J. Hawk
MLB - Jared Mayo
OLB - Joey Porter
CB - Antonio Cromartie
CB - DeAngelo Hall
FS - Michael Griffin
SS - Gibril Wilson

So he's the only team that has not selected a quarterback. I vote for [b]Eli Manning.[/b]

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='763670' date='Apr 14 2009, 04:48 PM']My bad. I have been out of town all weekend and was too busy yesterday. msharp hasn't logged on since April 9th. I think it's safe to say we can start voting...

Here's his team:
QB -
RB - Matt Forte
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Eddie Royal
TE - Greg Olsen
LT - Joe Thomas
LG - Steve Hutchinson
C - Jason Brown
RG - Shawn Andrews
RT - Jason Peters

DE - Jared Allen
DT - Darnell Dockett
DT - Corey Williams
DE - Julius Peppers
OLB - A.J. Hawk
MLB - Jared Mayo
OLB - Joey Porter
CB - Antonio Cromartie
CB - DeAngelo Hall
FS - Michael Griffin
SS - Gibril Wilson

So he's the only team that has not selected a quarterback. I vote for [b]Eli Manning.[/b][/quote]

Sorry, if her's going to hold it up this long (unless he has a good reason) then forget it, give him a bad punter.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='764799' date='Apr 17 2009, 03:21 PM']Agreed. Lets vote (how ironic)[/quote]

Or, just delete him from the draft. If he quits, I don't want 10 more rounds (or whatever it is) of voting for guys.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764829' date='Apr 17 2009, 04:07 PM']Deleting him increases the pool of players he may have picked, I'd rather vote. We have time, nothing else is going out outside of the draft till camp.[/quote]
I wish he'd stay, actually, but that ship has sailed I suppose. Too bad. I guess he won't be getting a midget and a suitcase full of rainbows upon completion. Bummer.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='764850' date='Apr 17 2009, 05:26 PM'][color="#0000FF"]I'll just make 68's picks if that is okay with you guys. I'll bitch and moan and complain a few times every page too just to keep it like old times.[/color][/quote]
Your condescension is laughable, sir...
and you don't stand a chance of drafting this team the way it was intended to be drafted.

[quote name='bengalsfansince68' post='764851' date='Apr 17 2009, 06:31 PM']Your condescension is laughable, sir...
[b]and you don't stand a chance of drafting this team the way it was intended to be drafted.[/b][/quote]
Well then why don't you stop acting like a pouting child and draft it? I still have no idea why you are quitting. The only reason I can figure is because I didn't give msharp Kyle Larson.

[quote name='JC' post='764853' date='Apr 17 2009, 05:33 PM']It smells like a fish market in this thread..

Someone needs to close their legs.[/quote]

Then you need a new fish market. Fresh fish doesn't smell. :D

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='764854' date='Apr 17 2009, 05:35 PM'][color="#0000FF"]The only reason I can figure is because I didn't give msharp Kyle Larson.[/color][/quote]
I'm not sure you could get further away from it than that.

This is your draft, Akili, so tell me...Why did you put in that 12 hour rule?

To me, the twelve hour rule was perfect. You have guys who are on this site most every day, most of us multiple times each day. 12 hours gives every player the bulk of his waking hours each day to take two minutes to make a pick and that's only 2 or 3 days in a week. While there may be certain exceptions, generally speaking, if you can't/won't find 2 minutes in 12 hours to make your pick, it is very likely because you didn't try. Hell dude, I sent you my picks on the off chance that my doctor might keep me at the hospital. Turned out I didn't have to stay but I wasn't going to disappear for several days while I was on the clock. I made the effort even though it turned out I didn't need to and it seems that I am the only one who cares to make an effort at all. When I saw that Sharpey had dissappeared on Good Friday, and given the way this draft has unfolded, I figured there was a good chance he'd be missing all weekend. I saw it coming so I figured he'd be back to work on Monday and would then make a pick so I could make mine. Monday turned to Tuesday and of course, nobody gives a shit but me. I woke up Wednesday and I see that turningboy's post still stood as the last post and that was it for me.

Y'all sucked all of the fun out of this draft and absent the fun, I have no reason to want to do this.

[quote name='bengalsfansince68' post='764878' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM']I'm not sure you could get further away from it than that.

This is your draft, Akili, so tell me...Why did you put in that 12 hour rule?

To me, the twelve hour rule was perfect. You have guys who are on this site most every day, most of us multiple times each day. 12 hours gives every player the bulk of his waking hours each day to take two minutes to make a pick and that's only 2 or 3 days in a week. While there may be certain exceptions, generally speaking, if you can't/won't find 2 minutes in 12 hours to make your pick, it is very likely because you didn't try. Hell dude, I sent you my picks on the off chance that my doctor might keep me at the hospital. Turned out I didn't have to stay but I wasn't going to disappear for several days while I was on the clock. I made the effort even though it turned out I didn't need to and it seems that I am the only one who cares to make an effort at all. When I saw that Sharpey had dissappeared on Good Friday, and given the way this draft has unfolded, I figured there was a good chance he'd be missing all weekend. I saw it coming so I figured he'd be back to work on Monday and would then make a pick so I could make mine. Monday turned to Tuesday and of course, nobody gives a shit but me. I woke up Wednesday and I see that turningboy's post still stood as the last post and that was it for me.

Y'all sucked all of the fun out of this draft and absent the fun, I have no reason to want to do this.[/quote]
I have a full time job and two kids, I don't always have time to check the draft and make sure everyone has made their pick. I was gone all weekend, I told you that. Monday I was too busy too check. Tuesday afternoon I was in the ER because I passed a gallbladder stone and I was in extreme pain. I made msharp's pick Tuesday night when I got home from the hospital. Wednesday you say fuck it I'm done even though you were on the clock. Msharp did not make his pick because his child was very sick and he spent most of the past week in the hospital and at the doctor.

This is a draft for fun. You have obviously had no fun from the get go because a few people took a few days to make their pick. I don't think it's that big of a deal, you think it's the end of the world. Nobody else is bitching about this but you because we all understand this is for fun and it doesn't ruin our day when we don't get to pick.

Archived