Anyone think Utecht is done?

[quote name='MaineBengal' date='12 August 2009 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1250111373' post='790128']
What do you all think? Concussions can be a scary business, and what with his budding musical career I was wondering if his heart was in football, even before his injury.
[/quote]

I think there is a very good chance that he is done. Like I pointed out in another thread, his situation seems very similar to Trent Green's. Doctor's were telling him to hang it up after the Geathers hit if I'm not mistaken. There are obvious differences, Green was much older than Ben is now, but then again, he was a QB - not much worry about him going over the middle. I hope I'm wrong, though.

IMHO...I think he's done. Looking at the 'hit' that caused him to be out cold for 12 minutes, it was fairly trivial. It wasn't a straight head shot or helmet to helmet. That's the nature of concussions--they are cumulative. It takes less of a jolt/provocation to cause a concussion with each successive concussion one receives. Look at Moose Johnson, the one that did him in was an ordinary tackle with hardly any head contact at all, but it was his 9th one. Aikman could have dinged him in the helmet with a flat pass and given a concussion he was that susceptible.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='12 August 2009 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1250114056' post='790143']
that would suck! i hope he's OK of course but that means we never got anything out of him as our Free Agent <_<
[/quote]
Look at the bright side...at least we didnt trade for him and give something up.

Now I don't use my powers for evil, or for selfish gain, but I got the inside track on some lottery numbers.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHW

HOHOHOHH

HEHEHEHEHEH

oh...

Singing for Juesus@!

Singing for Juesus.

From the team view though, no big whoop.

He got some duckets, he got some pay.

Instead of hitching some wagons to this here guy you should have given matt sherry his day.

And I Shall spite ye with thy secret hands of stone, but give ye O' the golden tones.

now go on down, your set for life.

for life your set, now here's your toast.

get out the way IT's Coffman to the post!!!

[quote name='The Scales' date='13 August 2009 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1250184359' post='790484']
Now I don't use my powers for evil, or for selfish gain, but I got the inside track on some lottery numbers.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHW

HOHOHOHH

HEHEHEHEHEH

oh...

Singing for Juesus@!

Singing for Juesus.

From the team view though, no big whoop.

He got some duckets, he got some pay.

Instead of hitching some wagons to this here guy you should have given matt sherry his day.

And I Shall spite ye with thy secret hands of stone, but give ye O' the golden tones.

now go on down, your set for life.

for life your set, now here's your toast.

get out the way IT's Coffman to the post!!!
[/quote]

I bet your Mom did a lot of acid when she was pregnant with you.

Did she have any kids that lived?

Veteran tight end Ben Utecht probably won't take a snap in the preseason, if he comes back at all as he undergoes a variety of neurological tests. The usual treatment for a concussion when someone loses consciousness is going on the shelf for two to four weeks.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/pregame-notes-collins-and-vick/0394b889-f757-4861-8942-ce9a2bee6f37

Archived