** '99 HONDA CIVIC FOR SALE ** $3,200 OBO

GoBengals

Ill have a direct link to auto trader add tomorrow i guess, i just posted it tonight.. here are like 8 pics of it there..

AUTOTRADER ID:

[b]Ad ID Number: 200342177[/b]

1999 Honda Civic - 169k miles.

most all work done by honda tech with honda parts. well maintained, works great, steering wheel is worn a bit, and back bumper has some scratches, rest is normal wear and dings of a 10 year old car. runs great.

I am loking for about $3,200 out of it, but thats negotiable i suppose.

I already have a new vehicle so this one is sitting around currently.

PM me if interested.

I know you want to sell it, and I'm not trying to down you, but I think you're asking too much for a close to 200,000 mile car, Honda or otherwise.

It really doesn't matter much to the prospective buyer that you claim it was all Honda service. The fact remains that the car has 170,000 miles, which is a lot. Prepare for OBO deals. I'd be surprised if you get what you're asking.

its what kelly blue book and edmunds both say its worth.. KBB says $3,450, edmunds like $3,175 or whatever..

so i started at the low one and left it open to offers..

had a few nibbles and inquiries.. the speedometer says 150k miles, cuase i had it repalced as it was stuck on 20MPH.. so i could lie, and it be worth more, but the carfax has the last mileage at like 136k like 4 years ago.. as the last noted mileage, a tough sell to only have put on like 4,000 miles/yr in the last 4+ years.... so i went with lousy honesty..

had an offer for $2300 from some kid who totalled his and its all the money he had...

and he started the email off with "i hope this offer isnt insulting,"

mine is the lowest priced one on autotrader currently.. by like $1200 at least.. and that one had like 140k miles..

if I get NO bites from autotrader or anywhere else, ill lower the listed price.. and if i get any offers close, ill probably bite, as its not doing me any favors sitting in the parking lot..

but if i hadnt been given another car, id easily drive this one for a few more years with no worries..

i realize $3,200 is the most i should probably expect for it... which, you know, is why one would start the price there..

i dont need any ofthe money from it until like February... so ill see how it goes..

thanks for the input none the less..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='25 September 2009 - 03:45 AM' timestamp='1253855755' post='807001']
checking ebay (of all bargain places) listings...

a lower level model than mine, with 200k miles sold for $2,100 a few days ago..

and one with 187k same trim level but with power windows(mine only has power locks) sold for $2,550
[/quote]

I think you can get about $2800 - $2900 out of it no problem. I'm listing a 1998 Honda Civic LX with 153k miles on it for $3500 and I've already had an offer of $3000.

thanks for the info ikota.. thats right along with what i was guessing..... these guys act like im selling an american car or something... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Harassment_emoticon.gif[/img]

KBB values my 99 civic only $650 less than my wifes '03 Sentra...

i wish should would keep my civic and we could sell her sentra...

hate that car..

anyway..

apparently autotrade is a good place... i posted that profile last night and got a phone call and an email about it already this morning...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='25 September 2009 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1253897460' post='807114']
thanks for the info ikota.. thats right along with what i was guessing..... these guys act like im selling [b]an american car or something... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Harassment_emoticon.gif[/img][/b]

hate that car..

anyway..

apparently autotrade is a good place... i posted that profile last night and got a phone call and an email about it already this morning...
[/quote]

Hahaha.........yeah plus the car still looks fairly nice and factor in all the maintenance you've had done on it recently and it should get you $2800 at the least.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='25 September 2009 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1253897460' post='807114']
thanks for the info ikota.. thats right along with what i was guessing..... these guys act like im selling an american car or something... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Harassment_emoticon.gif[/img]

hate that car..

anyway..

[/quote]
I am looking for a car for my 16 y/o so i would like to look at it if it is still around the weekend of the Texans game. I wont be in town until then. Let me know if it still around and I will come look at it.

Sorry Joker, JUST SOLD IT!!!!

sold to the 2nd person who even came to look at it for $2,800.

i figured that was my low guess on what i could get and was tired of 13 calls a day.

couldnt believe the attention it got...

its gone and cash is in hand..

WEEEEEEEEEE

so glad!

[quote name='GoBengals' date='30 September 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1254357371' post='809731']

i figured that was my low guess on what i could get and was tired of 13 calls a day.

WEEEEEEEEEE

so glad!
[/quote]
Nice! I wasn't trying to be negative earlier, it's just that if it were me, I'd be pretty leery of a car with that many miles on it regardless of the make/model/price.

I guess I'd just spend more on a more recent car with less mileage on it, but whateva. Glad you unloaded it.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='30 September 2009 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1254357371' post='809731']

WEEEEEEEEEE

so glad!
[/quote]

thats why you aint called me, the $200 i owe you aint good enough right now. wait till your broke, i aint answering your phone calls :pointlaff:

you answered me in the other topic.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='02 October 2009 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1254500782' post='810201']
go for it..

wanna use my autotrader account and edit the listing? i think thats possible...
[/quote]

I appreciate the offer, but I put it up on craigslist Friday afternoon and it was sold Saturday afternoon.

Archived