!!!THE OFFICIAL BYE WEEK THREAD!!!

[quote name='GoBengals' date='01 November 2009 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1257104216' post='822118']
how sad is it that the ravens could easily win this with the offense scoring zero touchdowns..hell no points, special teams gets the FG's.. and defense set up one of those field positions.
[/quote]

Very.

It's too '99ish for my taste...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='01 November 2009 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1257104121' post='822116']
Ravens, 95 yard TD on kickoff.

Game...
[/quote]

Gotta go after the Ravens, running or passing. Dink and dunk wont cut it. But when you do, don't make mistakes. We will see if Orton can do it.

I don't care who wins - the Ravens will be up for us regardless, and we need the win in any event.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='01 November 2009 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1257104216' post='822118']
how sad is it that the ravens could easily win this with the offense scoring zero touchdowns..hell no points, special teams gets the FG's.. and defense set up one of those field positions.
[/quote]

That's their playbook. Offense, don't screw it up for us. The shame was that Boller and at times McNair would put up 3 or 4 turnovers to bury them.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='01 November 2009 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1257104437' post='822122']
That was a phantom PI call...
[/quote]

disagree.. and feel the announcers are instigating asshats..

his arm was being held down, by the time they showed it he stopped holding it down, why would marshall go up with one hand for a jump ball?

the ravens player was doing the old forward to forward holding down of marshall arm... she they did to shad all day when we played there..

their defense is like an NBA superstar.. made awesome by ignored calls and fake ones in their favor.....

oooo ngata being hurt would be helpful for the broncos (and us)...

[quote name='Oldcat' date='01 November 2009 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1257104589' post='822124']
Gotta go after the Ravens, running or passing. Dink and dunk wont cut it. But when you do, don't make mistakes. We will see if Orton can do it.

I don't care who wins - the Ravens will be up for us regardless, and we need the win in any event.
[/quote]

I'd rather the Broncos win as a Raven loss pretty much makes it a 2 team race in the North between us and the stealers...

[quote name='Oldcat' date='01 November 2009 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1257104710' post='822126']
That's their playbook. Offense, don't screw it up for us. The shame was that Boller and at times McNair would put up 3 or 4 turnovers to bury them.
[/quote]

true.

their defense has holes though, and seems to be allowed to get away with more in the secondary to allow the big name guys up front to make MORE plays.. ray lewis is a shell of his former self.. but is likely still considered top 5 MLB in the game.. and is likely barely top 10..

PS: ravens are getting called on their shit now..

its like they get away with it free for a half.. then they ahve to play by the rules...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='01 November 2009 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1257104879' post='822128']
[b]disagree..[/b] and feel the announcers are instigating asshats..

his arm was being held down, by the time they showed it he stopped holding it down, why would marshall go up with one hand for a jump ball?

the ravens player was doing the old forward to forward holding down of marshall arm... she they did to shad all day when we played there..

their defense is like an NBA superstar.. made awesome by ignored calls and fake ones in their favor.....

oooo ngata being hurt would be helpful for the broncos (and us)...
[/quote]

I must have missed one of the replays because I saw [b]nothing[/b]. :shrug:

But yeah, the announcers are swallowing cock on both sidelines at a staggering rate...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='01 November 2009 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1257104882' post='822129']
I'd rather the Broncos win as a Raven loss pretty much makes it a 2 team race in the North between us and the stealers...
[/quote]
Yeah but I hate the Broncos and their pixie dust. They will win the division regardless, which I like cause I don't like the Chargers either

[quote name='Elflocko' date='01 November 2009 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1257105150' post='822132']
I must have missed one of the replays because I saw [b]nothing[/b]. :shrug:
[b]
But yeah, the announcers are swallowing cock on both sidelines at a staggering rate...[/b]
[/quote]
for sure...

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='01 November 2009 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1257105173' post='822133']
hey i just noticed something, is there no Sunday Night game on tonight ?
[/quote]

world series
[quote name='Oldcat' date='01 November 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1257105298' post='822134']
Yeah but I hate the Broncos and their pixie dust. They will win the division regardless, which I like cause I don't like the Chargers either
[/quote]

indeed.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='01 November 2009 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1257105035' post='822131']
true.

their defense has holes though, and seems to be allowed to get away with more in the secondary to allow the big name guys up front to make MORE plays.. ray lewis is a shell of his former self.. but is likely still considered top 5 MLB in the game.. and is likely barely top 10..

PS: ravens are getting called on their shit now..

its like they get away with it free for a half.. then they ahve to play by the rules...
[/quote]

Their CBs and other S are poor in coverage so they commit PI a lot. Rey is on the downhill side but he can make a play if you let him get the drop on you. Send your lineman right at him for best results. Ed Reed is a heck of a player still, which is why its better to be agressive so he's reacting to you instead of teeing off.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='01 November 2009 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1257105922' post='822141']
Jets are getting beat pretty good

edit: I see Miami just muffed a punt and put them in good field position
[/quote]
kick return Td and fumble return TD. Jets outplaying them otherwise

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='01 November 2009 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1257106102' post='822142']
would you guys rather see the world series or watch sunday night football ?
[/quote]

If its Rams vs Detroit, the WS.

Archived