Minutemen

Guest bengaljet

Patrolling our borders (this is all from their website - it's actually fascinating):
[img]http://www.minutemanproject.com/photo_images/pic_2005apr30_1354.jpg[/img][img]http://www.minutemanproject.com/photo_images/pic_2005apr30_1333.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.minutemanproject.com/photo_images/pic_rally_2005apr02_PROTEST7.jpg[/img]

Finally proof that they are nutcases:
[img]http://www.minutemanproject.com/photo_images/pic_2005apr19_1013.jpg[/img] INTERVIEWING WITH HANNITY!!!!

Guest bengalrick
theres has to be more to the solution than help out Mexican infostructure, to help us.... i'm agree it should be our long term solution, but what can we do now... that solution will start to work in maybe 10 years, but what about the billion people that sneak in in the mean time? Only one of them have to be carrying a nuclear bomb and we lose... this is more than about our economy... this is about our security in our homeland... i agree w/ i think it was Nati, who says Bush needs to quit being a pussy about the situation...

we obviously can't close the borders, b/c our economy would come to a screetching halt... i'm not one of the fools saying "their taking my job as the fryalator at McD's" either... we need these people, but only legally... if I do something wrong, the gov't knows where i live and where i work... its not a lot, but it could help them out tremendously to know that... what do we know about some due that jumps over the fence in Arizona? not a damn thing...

When all this shit started, i argued that we can't use brute force to solve the problem, and we needed a fense and a picture on our SS cards... Mexico and Canada need to secure their borders, before we can open it up totally to them, but that would be the best situation... but after the minuteman project, i'm changing my position slightly... we can patrol the borders and get the job done... that will force people to come in LEGALLY, which is great... everyone is happy... we need to use our technology and groups like the minuteman to get the job done...

i don't see what is wrong w/ a group that voluntarilly patrols the border, and uses nothing but a cell phone... what is crazy about protecting us??

Didnt we [i]sort of [/i] talk about this already?

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=3178&hl="]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=3178&hl=[/url]

By the way Ive seen this phamplet on how to get accross the border.... sad, just sad.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
These "Minutemen" need some sessions on the comfy couch with a good doctor, they're fucking nuts. Should the government step in and make these dorks with too much time on their hands go home? Hell yes.

Guest BengalBacker
I can't believe how many of you are seemingly ok with all the illegal immigrants crossing the border.

Simply amazing.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Storm' date='May 3 2005, 07:01 AM']What if they would have closed the borders before our families immigrated here?

I believe its a hipocrisy to think that it was right when your family immigrated from Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Etc. but wrong for someone else!

I believe we need for some control on the situation though
[right][post="87441"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Did your family sneak across the border illegally?

Is anyone talking about no longer allowing legal immigration?

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 3 2005, 01:19 PM']Did your family sneak across the border illegally?

[right][post="87529"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

HAHA thank you for posting that....................

Backer, I believe that most thinkers on here (which excludes a few of you who've posted to this thread, I might add) have recognized the duality of the problem, which is that we simultaneously have a need for these people's labor force and yet we ALSO have a need to control the flow of immigrants so we can somehow regulate WHO is coming here, so as to avert a possible terrorist attack, or to minimize the flow of illicit drugs into our country.

Recognizing that Mexico is a friendly nation that has an impoverished population that seeks a better way of life in our country is hardly "being OK" with the situation. Our government needs to get on the ball on decide what can be done to register illegals into a database, funnel the flow of immigrants into fewer areas, something!

I agree that the sheer numbers of illegals crossing into our country is quite alarming, but I am not sure what the solution is. There probably isn't a perfect one that will satisfy everyone, but something needs to be done besides armed, beer-gut NRA guys with an agenda patrolling our borders.

I'm not OK with it at all...I'm just not sure what we should do about it...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 3 2005, 01:29 PM']Backer, I believe that most thinkers on here (which excludes a few of you who've posted to this thread, I might add) have recognized the duality of the problem, which is that we simultaneously have a need for these people's labor force and yet we ALSO have a need to control the flow of immigrants so we can somehow regulate WHO is coming here, so as to avert a possible terrorist attack, or to minimize the flow of illicit drugs into our country.

Recognizing that Mexico is a friendly nation that has an impoverished population that seeks a better way of life in our country is hardly "being OK" with the situation.  Our government needs to get on the ball on decide what can be done to register illegals into a database, funnel the flow of immigrants into fewer areas, something!

I agree that the sheer numbers of illegals crossing into our country is quite alarming, but I am not sure what the solution is.  There probably isn't a perfect one that will satisfy everyone, but something needs to be done besides armed, beer-gut NRA guys with an agenda patrolling our borders.

[right][post="87533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

<ACLU-Speak>

Registering people in a database?!?! ... That's unAmerican, we simply cant allow it because it violates privacy concerns!!!!

</ACLU-Speak>

Did I mention how much I hate the ACLU?? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 3 2005, 12:29 PM']Backer, I believe that most thinkers on here (which excludes a few of you who've posted to this thread, I might add) have recognized the duality of the problem, which is that we simultaneously have a need for these people's labor force and yet we ALSO have a need to control the flow of immigrants so we can somehow regulate WHO is coming here, so as to avert a possible terrorist attack, or to minimize the flow of illicit drugs into our country.

Recognizing that Mexico is a friendly nation that has an impoverished population that seeks a better way of life in our country is hardly "being OK" with the situation.  Our government needs to get on the ball on decide what can be done to register illegals into a database, funnel the flow of immigrants into fewer areas, something!

I agree that the sheer numbers of illegals crossing into our country is quite alarming, but I am not sure what the solution is.  There probably isn't a perfect one that will satisfy everyone, but something needs to be done besides armed, beer-gut NRA guys with an agenda patrolling our borders.

[right][post="87533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Good post, and I agree. The thing is, armed, beer-gut NRA guys are better than nothing which is essentially what we've had. If nothing else, they're forcing people to focus on the problem.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with being a member of the NRA.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='May 3 2005, 11:36 AM']<ACLU-Speak>

Registering people in a database?!?! ... [b]That's unAmerican[/b], we simply cant allow it because it violates privacy concerns!!!!

</ACLU-Speak>
Did I mention how much I hate the ACLU??  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]
[right][post="87537"][/post][/right][/quote]
:P
Ahhhh, but ILLEGAL immigrants aren't American, are they? Then they [i]could[/i] be recorded in some way so we can track their whereabouts and their comings and goings....

Yeah, and fuck the ACLU....

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 3 2005, 11:38 AM']Good post, and I agree. The thing is, armed, beer-gut NRA guys are better than nothing which is essentially what we've had. If nothing else, they're forcing people to focus on the problem.

[b]BTW, there's nothing wrong with being a member of the NRA[/b].
[right][post="87539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Oh, I agree, it was used for the exaggerated stereotype....

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 3 2005, 12:42 PM']Oh, I agree, it was used for the exaggerated stereotype....
[right][post="87542"][/post][/right][/quote]

Come to think of it, I've got a beer gut too. Maybe I should be down there with my people. :unsure:

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 3 2005, 11:43 AM']Come to think of it, I've got a beer gut too. Maybe I should be down there with my people.  :unsure:
[right][post="87543"][/post][/right][/quote]
Count your teeth...if the amount of teeth in your head that are actually yours >12, then they are not "your people", beer gut or no....

:lol:

Guest BlackJesus
[b]From their website [/b]

[quote]It is a reminder to Americans that our nation was founded as a nation governed by the "rule of law", not by the whims of mobs of ILLEGAL aliens who endlessly stream across U.S. borders ( history lesson anyone???).[/quote]

[b]These Inbreds need a history Lesson apparently .....[/b]

[img]http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~rhernand/slavery.gif[/img]
[img]http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~rhernand/images/20001220SlaveScars01[1].jpg[/img][img]http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/african/2000/lynch_3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://instruct.westvalley.edu/kelly/Distance_Learning/Images/17B_L02/lynching3.jpg[/img][img]http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/african/2000/lynch_4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.tooter4kids.com/Thanksgiving/_derived/trail_of_tears.htm_txt_trailoftears.gif[/img]
[img]http://lcweb2.loc.gov/pnp/cph/3a20000/3a26000/3a26200/3a26270r.jpg[/img]

Guest BadassBengal
Wait... oh. I thought actual people employed by the gov were doin the border patrollin. nevermind then. but i still don't think those bastards should be allowed to cross the border illegally. wait for your fuckin chance like the rest of em.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 3 2005, 05:19 PM']Did your family sneak across the border illegally?

[right][post="87529"][/post][/right][/quote]

Possibly! don't know for sure, if they did I thank them! ;)

BTW, if they legalize it then they wouldn't sneak across the border illegally!

Guest bengaljet
I will give my 2cents worth.
Why are the minutemen doing this?
1. They are seeing 10,000 ILLEGALS crossing everyday.
a. could this be where terrorists enter this country to inflict massive damage- #1 fear for me. Saw a report on TV where US citizens are setting up 55 gal. of water so that the Illegals have something to drink on their ILLEGAL entry?Smart?
b. at this rate in 20-25 yrs. Americans will be the minorities in this country.
c. W was going to put 10,000 border guards to stop the ILLEGALS,but the US economy is soooo good that he said "WE CAN'T AFFORD IT"- make sense to you that we are told the economy is so good ,yet can't afford to defend OUR borders.
Someone said that we must bring the Mexican economy up to US standards-are we doing this or bringing the US economy to meet Mexican standards? When they are equal it won't matter which side of the border they live.
IF you like the idea of 30 Mexicans living in 1 home( 2 guys I know in Columbus live it everyday-1 white,1 black and don't like it) in YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD then we should welcome all ILLEGALS and if you think TERRORISTS don't want to hit the US again then keep the borders open.
The difference between legals and illegals today as compared to the past is Terrorists.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 3 2005, 01:13 PM']I can't believe how many of you are seemingly ok with all the illegal immigrants crossing the border.

Simply amazing.
[right][post="87526"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I totally agree. There is a big difference between letting people in this country leagally and illegally. I am toally against the illegal part.

[quote name='bengaljet' date='May 7 2005, 12:11 PM']I will give my 2cents worth.
Why are the minutemen doing this?
1. They are seeing 10,000 ILLEGALS crossing everyday.
  a. could this be where terrorists enter this country to inflict massive damage- #1 fear for me. Saw a report on TV where US citizens are setting up 55 gal. of water so that the Illegals have something to drink on their ILLEGAL entry?Smart?
  [b]b. at this rate in 20-25 yrs. Americans will be the minorities in this country.[/b]
  c. W was going to put 10,000 border guards to stop the ILLEGALS,but the US economy is soooo good that he said "WE CAN'T AFFORD IT"- make sense to you that we are told the economy is so good ,yet can't afford to defend OUR borders.
Someone said that we must bring the Mexican economy up to US standards-are we doing this or bringing the US economy to meet Mexican standards? When they are equal it won't matter which side of the border they live.
IF you like the idea of 30 Mexicans living in 1 home( 2 guys I know in Columbus live it everyday-1 white,1 black and don't like it) in YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD then we should welcome all ILLEGALS and if you think TERRORISTS don't want to hit the US again then keep the borders open.
[b]The difference between legals and illegals today as compared to the past is Terrorists.[/b]
[right][post="89637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
What do you mean by Americans?

How many terrorists cross through the desert on foot and somehow established a network of cells?

we dont know and thats what scares me...

ive been trying to stay outta this argument but these people are not "vigilantes" they are simply american citizens trying to do what they can to uphold the law, would u call a citizen a vigilante if they made a citizens arrest?

i see no problems with this and since (some of them) they have guns for their own protection (ill remind u that they are allowed to legally carry these guns) and not for the apprehension of illegals, this should be a non-issue

there have been little to no complaints by the people who are actually there and if something were to happen to an "illegal" immigrant who is crossing this border "illegally" i would feel sorry for them but believe that they are breaking the law and should not be looked upon as the martyrs that some of u see them as being

these people are doing what they can to uphold the law of our own country while our govt has been too unactive and way too slow at stopping this problem due to simple political games, i see no problem with immigration but any country can not exist, much less thrive, while continuing to allow open borders

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='jza10304' date='May 8 2005, 11:18 PM']How many terrorists cross through the desert on foot and somehow established a network of cells?
[right][post="90031"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How many need to cross to do massive damage? How many hijackers were there?

Even if you throw the terrorists out of the equation, these are still ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS !!!!!

Are you in favor of having no laws concerning immigration and no one patrolling the borders?

Again, simply amazing...

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 9 2005, 12:55 AM']How many need to cross to do massive damage? How many hijackers were there?

Even if you throw the terrorists out of the equation, these are still ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS !!!!!

Are you in favor of having no laws concerning immigration and no one patrolling the borders?

Again, simply amazing...
[right][post="90044"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I think there needs to be reasonable laws set in place, I just think their efforts could be put to something more productive. The fact is that "illegal immigration" isn't the greatest problem facing those areas of the country. It is a great issue to use politically to your advantage, but once the elections are done you don't hear much about it anymore. Politicians use it as another divisive issue to get certain constituencies all riled up.

The terrorists that attacked the World Trade Center were here on visas (legal immigration of sorts). Does it make sense to have people watch everyone that comes into this country on a visa because there might be terrorists among them? No, it is not reasonable, but by the minutemen's logic would make more sense. Terrorists will cross the border or fly in with fake documents legally in order to be able to blend in with the general population as much as possible.

The U.S. and Mexico need to establish a system of work permits or something like that to allow these people to earn wages and take it back to their families. They are not the threats that they are being made out to be.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='jza10304' date='May 9 2005, 10:26 AM']I think there needs to be reasonable laws set in place, I just think their efforts could be put to something more productive.  The fact is that "illegal immigration" isn't the greatest problem facing those areas of the country.  It is a great issue to use politically to your advantage, but once the elections are done you don't hear much about it anymore.  Politicians use it as another divisive issue to get certain constituencies all riled up.

The terrorists that attacked the World Trade Center were here on visas (legal immigration of sorts).  Does it make sense to have people watch everyone that comes into this country on a visa because there might be terrorists among them?  No, it is not reasonable, but by the minutemen's logic would make more sense.  Terrorists will cross the border or fly in with fake documents legally in order to be able to blend in with the general population as much as possible.

[b]The U.S. and Mexico need to establish a system of work permits or something like that to allow these people to earn wages and take it back to their families.  They are not the threats that they are being made out to be.[/b]
[right][post="90119"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

we need to AT LEAST document who comes in and out... if we iron that out, i agree to let these people come in and make some money... if i were living in Mexico, my ass would be here too honestly...

everyone seems to avoid the question of why these guys are considered vigilantes... they are just dudes w/ cell phones and alot of time on their hands... they were/are successful as fuck too...

Archived