Breaking news!!! Peko has knee surgery, out a few weeks

[quote name='TeeBengal' date='07 December 2009 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1260218325' post='838367']
[size="5"]Bengals' Peko to miss a couple weeks[/size]

Updated: December 7, 2009, 3:31 PM ET

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko had arthroscopic knee surgery on Monday, sidelining him for at least a couple of weeks.

Peko sprained his left knee during a game on Oct. 18 but didn't miss any time until Sunday, when he was inactive for a 23-13 win over the Detroit Lions. Second-year player Pat Sims started in his place and had one tackle.

Peko is the second Bengals starting defensive lineman to have surgery. End Antwan Odom is out for the season with a torn right Achilles tendon.

The Bengals (9-3) secured their second winning record in 19 years by beating the Lions. The AFC North leaders play at Minnesota next Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4722536
[/quote]

well...good call cwing

Well, there you go. He should be good to go for the playoffs. You would have to think that the Jets game won't matter for seeding, so by 5 weeks he should be ready and not at risk for problems down the line. Should be able to beat the Chefs without him as well, so while it sucks and would have been nice the next two weeks, long term this season he should be good to go.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 December 2009 - 08:37 AM' timestamp='1260200231' post='838254']
Hinesight and all would have liked to get this done earlier. Hopefully its just four and not six weeks.
[/quote]

I think sometimes in these cases they want to wait for initial swelling and such to go down before surgery or before you can make a good diagnosis. If they did that by mid week, surgery Monday is pretty only a couple of days delay.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='07 December 2009 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1260224596' post='838397']
I think sometimes in these cases they want to wait for initial swelling and such to go down before surgery or before you can make a good diagnosis. If they did that by mid week, surgery Monday is pretty only a couple of days delay.
[/quote]

Right but he's been playing on it for a few weeks now.

[quote name='TeeBengal' date='07 December 2009 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1260218325' post='838367']
[size="5"]Bengals' Peko to miss a couple weeks[/size]

Updated: December 7, 2009, 3:31 PM ET

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko had arthroscopic knee surgery on Monday, sidelining him for at least a couple of weeks.

Peko sprained his left knee during a game on Oct. 18 but didn't miss any time until Sunday, when he was inactive for a 23-13 win over the Detroit Lions. Second-year player Pat Sims started in his place and had one tackle.

Peko is the second Bengals starting defensive lineman to have surgery. End Antwan Odom is out for the season with a torn right Achilles tendon.

The Bengals (9-3) secured their second winning record in 19 years by beating the Lions. The AFC North leaders play at Minnesota next Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4722536
[/quote]
I am confused. What happened to the story about "THIS injury was to his LEFT knee (as listed in the article about the 10/18 injury) and then a couple games later, it was "THIS injury is to his RIGHT knee" and yet he played again. Now the stories about surgery on his LEFT knee.

Which fokken knee is it?

So you now have basically a 3-man rotation with Sims, Tank, and Harris.

If Harris played this past Sunday...I didn't see him. We played quite a bit of the 3rd-down package where Frostee and Fanene moved in and out of the DT slot. Seemed like the Lions were able to get some push in the interior on run plays--even though they didn't get much in the way of yardage.

This concerns me with the Vikes and Bolts...who are much better rushing teams. Another wide body in the middle for the rotation would help ease the loss of Peko..but it's kinda late in the year to be picking over what's left of the tackles on the market.

Shirley is still listed as a DT on the practice squad...but we would have to make another roster move to get him or some other guy on the 53. Again, kinda late in the year for that.

All things considered...probably better to try to weather this storm with what we have, and hope Peko is right come the playoffs.

[quote name='Le Tigre' date='08 December 2009 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1260277079' post='838596']
So you now have basically a 3-man rotation with Sims, Tank, and Harris.

If Harris played this past Sunday...I didn't see him. We played quite a bit of the 3rd-down package where Frostee and Fanene moved in and out of the DT slot. Seemed like the Lions were able to get some push in the interior on run plays--even though they didn't get much in the way of yardage.

This concerns me with the Vikes and [b]Bolts...who are much better rushing teams.[/b] Another wide body in the middle for the rotation would help ease the loss of Peko..but it's kinda late in the year to be picking over what's left of the tackles on the market.

Shirley is still listed as a DT on the practice squad...but we would have to make another roster move to get him or some other guy on the 53. Again, kinda late in the year for that.

All things considered...probably better to try to weather this storm with what we have, and hope Peko is right come the playoffs.
[/quote]
San Diego is tied for 29th in rushing yardage. :panicbutton:

[quote name='Le Tigre' date='08 December 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1260278155' post='838602']
No panic. Just that LT has played pretty well recently.

Kevin Smith did have 75 yards rushing Sunday too.

It's not an unfair statement to say the Vikes and Bolts are better rushing teams than the Lions..stats be damned.
[/quote]
How high has the bar been set when we are lamenting giving up 75 yards a game to a guy? Or when we hold a team 20 yards under their per game average (save a Culpeper scramble)

Have I mentioned how much I love Mike Zimmer recently?

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='08 December 2009 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1260278453' post='838606']
How high has the bar been set when we are lamenting giving up 75 yards a game to a guy? Or when we hold a team 20 yards under their per game average (save a Culpeper scramble)

Have I mentioned how much I love Mike Zimmer recently?
[/quote]

No bar being set. Simply an observation as to concerns going into the next two games without arguably our best defensive player in a position that isn't incredibly deep.

But,if anyone can alleviate the dropoff with his coaching abilities, it would be Mr. Zimmer.

Archived