5 rounds after combine

1. WR DeMaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech (6'3 224) - Yes, I know. He broke his foot and will likely not be able to work out before the draft. He does have 3 years of game tape though which has a lot more merit. He has everything we need: size, hands, excels at deep ball, best blocking receiver in the draft, hard worker, strength. He is going to kill it at interviews. Has an infectious personality.

2. TE Rob Gronkowski, Arizona (6'6 264) - He is the total package tight end they say they covet. He's big, can block and catch. If he hadn't been injured he would be a 1st round pick. Heath Miller type of player.

3. OLB Koa Misi, Utah (6'2 251) - They want to improve the pass rush so I expect a pass rushing linebacker to be taken fairly early. Misi played end in college but projects to OLB in the NFL. Played a real good Senior Bowl at OLB.

3 comp. OG John Jerry, Mississippi (6'5 328) - Big strong and fairly athletic guy. Could play either guard spot or RT in a pinch.

4. S Darrell Stuckey, Kansas (5'11 205) - Has the size for a free safety but played strong in college. Good range, excellent against the run and a team leader.

5. WR Mike Williams, Syracuse (6'1 221) - You and I both know it's going to happen. The dude is super talented but also an idiot. Could be a huge steal if he keeps his nose clean.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='07 March 2010 - 08:38 AM' timestamp='1267969112' post='867945']
I would throw O'Brien Schofield in there somewhere.....He is going to be a good player and we could stash him on IR and have learn to take over the SAM spot when Rey Rey moves inside next year...
[/quote]
That's what Misi is for....

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='06 March 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1267927379' post='867876']
1. WR DeMaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech (6'3 224) - Yes, I know. He broke his foot and will likely not be able to work out before the draft. He does have 3 years of game tape though which has a lot more merit. He has everything we need: size, hands, excels at deep ball, best blocking receiver in the draft, hard worker, strength. He is going to kill it at interviews. Has an infectious personality.

2. TE Rob Gronkowski, Arizona (6'6 264) - He is the total package tight end they say they covet. He's big, can block and catch. If he hadn't been injured he would be a 1st round pick. Heath Miller type of player.

3. OLB Koa Misi, Utah (6'2 251) - They want to improve the pass rush so I expect a pass rushing linebacker to be taken fairly early. Misi played end in college but projects to OLB in the NFL. Played a real good Senior Bowl at OLB.

3 comp. OG John Jerry, Mississippi (6'5 328) - Big strong and fairly athletic guy. Could play either guard spot or RT in a pinch.

4. S Darrell Stuckey, Kansas (5'11 205) - Has the size for a free safety but played strong in college. Good range, excellent against the run and a team leader.

5. WR Mike Williams, Syracuse (6'1 221) - You and I both know it's going to happen. The dude is super talented but also an idiot. Could be a huge steal if he keeps his nose clean.
[/quote]

Nicely done.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='06 March 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1267927379' post='867876']

[/quote]

Change the 1st rounder to Brian Price, Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Dez Bryant, Kyle Wilson, or Mike Iupati and it would be even better. The main things that sticks out to me about this mock tho is that we would have to get real lucky in rounds 2-5 for those people to be there. In the 2nd Gronkowski will most likely be gone. In the 3rd Misi probably wont be there. Jerry may or may not be there but thats a great pick and good projection. I would really like to get Jerry for the RG of the future. Even with Mike Williams past doubt he lasts till the 5th as well.

[quote name='Mikey6866' date='14 March 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1268590630' post='870453']
Change the 1st rounder to Brian Price, Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Dez Bryant, Kyle Wilson, or Mike Iupati and it would be even better. The main things that sticks out to me about this mock tho is that we would have to get real lucky in rounds 2-5 for those people to be there. In the 2nd Gronkowski will most likely be gone. In the 3rd Misi probably wont be there. Jerry may or may not be there but thats a great pick and good projection. I would really like to get Jerry for the RG of the future. Even with Mike Williams past doubt he lasts till the 5th as well.
[/quote]

why draft a first round DT at this point?

[quote name='texbengal' date='14 March 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1268624066' post='870603']
Not convinced on Thomas, but like what you have for 2 and 3s especially. I've seen Misi a few times - impressive player at the Senior Bowl as you mentioned, and I've read where the coaches say he's quite an athlete.
[/quote]

my thinking with Thomas is that this year you only need him to be at best your #3, most likely your #4, so he has time to develop.

Archived