1. 1. Are you patient for the draft?

• Fuck no!
    • Yep
    • Sorta
    • I Try to sleept to make time go faster
    • Naw we wont have good draft
    • I wont be able to see it anyways
  2. 2. How do you rate our draft

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='22 April 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1271963308' post='880351']
If you don't like my opinion, don't fucking respond to it. You are obviously not over it if you feel the need to respond with your smart ass comments every time I say I don't want either of them or they are not a good fit.

You post 100x the shit about the draft that I do. Either you don't work or you are a much bigger wannabe than me.

Is it arrogant to say that TO would have been a better signing than Antonio Bryant? Are we not aloud to have opinions about prospects because we don't get paid to scout them?
[/quote]

I haven't been responding to it for quite some time now.

This thread isn't even about who we want, who we think will be a bust,
or anything like that. There are other threads where that has been/ is being
discussed. You chose to make it another bash on Mays thread.

And I post articles to help keep people here informed and shit to talk about.
You don't see me saying I will be pissed if we pick this player or that player.
I have no fucking control over who will be drafted. Why get pissed about
something I have no control over, and hasn't even taken a snap yet?

T.O. and Bryant are NFL Vets. Comparing them to each other is comparing
proven players.

Sure you are allowed to have opinions. But you have made that opinion
more than well known, and interjected it somewhere that wasn't asking for it.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='22 April 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1271964596' post='880365']
I completely disagree with you about Taylor Mays...but I don't like this whole "opinion police" thing that's going on in here either. As if certain opinions aren't quite right and worthy of posting for some reason or another.

We all like and dislike what we do, being human, that is the nature of things.

Based on that logic, no one can give any opinion on anything because "People like Marvin and Zimmer know way more than us so it's stupid to even try to form opinions and such...DURHH!!!"
[/quote]

This thread was about your excitment for the draft.

And you can have an opinion. And I am allowed to think
that opinion is stupid, beat to death and nauseating.
Aren't I?

I'm so glad something officially football related is happening!

I loathe the new format...esp the fact that there's all this build up and hype and we get ONE fukn round...so Rams fans can tap out @ 7:45 lol
Redskins can FF to Saturday

The way our team is set up and positioned I'll probably be happy with anyone we draft...the bad side is because of last season I'm not putting up with no 8-8 bullshit no more.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1271964328' post='880362']
akili, the reason people are ripping on you for saying you would be pissed if we draft taylor mays is because by saying that you are essentially saying you think you know more about the prospect and how well he'll fit in with our team then marvin, zimmer, etc do. And I tend to agree. Even the most knowledgable people on this site only have a fraction of football knowledge and knowledge of the bengals needs then marvin and the rest of the coaches have. So if they think mays is a good fit for us at safety what is the point in getting pissed? They obviously know more then you.

with that being said you don't have to like every draft pick. You could def be upset if you think we reach on a guy too early or draft one at a position we don't need, but to get mad cause you don't think he is gonna be good when obviously people who lknow way more then you do think he will be good is kinda silly imho.
[/quote]

well said.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1271964328' post='880362']
akili, the reason people are ripping on you for saying you would be pissed if we draft taylor mays is because by saying that you are essentially saying you think you know more about the prospect and how well he'll fit in with our team then marvin, zimmer, etc do. And I tend to agree. Even the most knowledgable people on this site only have a fraction of football knowledge and knowledge of the bengals needs then marvin and the rest of the coaches have. So if they think mays is a good fit for us at safety what is the point in getting pissed? They obviously know more then you.
[/quote]

Well, that is what makes this whole thing fun. Marvin and Co don't know for sure either (see Simpson, Jerome). Akili, or anybody else's opinion is as valid as the next.

[quote name='sois' date='22 April 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1271970005' post='880441']
Well, that is what makes this whole thing fun. Marvin and Co don't know for sure either (see Simpson, Jerome). Akili, or anybody else's opinion is as valid as the next.
[/quote]

But why get pissed about it? My whole point is I cant understand getting pissed about drafting a player like Mays because I personally dont think he is going to be good, because I know that Marvin and Zimmer know WAYYYY more about football then I do. It might not be my favorite pick, but im not gonna be pissed about it.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1271971903' post='880453']
But why get pissed about it? My whole point is I cant understand getting pissed about drafting a player like Mays because I personally dont think he is going to be good, because I know that Marvin and Zimmer know WAYYYY more about football then I do. It might not be my favorite pick, but im not gonna be pissed about it.
[/quote]
Because I'm a die hard fan who wants to see my team win.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='22 April 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1271972118' post='880455']
Because I'm a die hard fan who wants to see my team win.
[/quote]

You honestly think you know more about Taylor Mays then Mike Zimmer and Marvin Lewis?

Just answer that honestly.

If your answer is NO, then there is absolutely no reason to be pissed if they think he is the guy we should draft.

If your answer is YES, well then youve got other issues.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1271971903' post='880453']
[/quote]

Why NOT get pissed? This is one of the few times your mouth can write checks that don't necessarily ever get cashed. For example, nobody remembers if your thought Sean Brewer was a steal or that Levi was a reach. It's the best time of the year for over the top hyperbole!

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1271972246' post='880456']
You honestly think you know more about Taylor Mays then Mike Zimmer and Marvin Lewis?

If your answer is NO, then there is absolutely no reason to be pissed if they think he is the guy we should draft.

[/quote]

This is the stupidest argument ever. How about this:

Do you think 99% of Bengals fans are smarter for preferring Desean Jackson over Jerome Simpson on draft day? I do. Simpson sucks ass. I'm sure everyone was scratching their heads on that one.

Coaches are humans too. They make mistakes. If not, it would be season after season of 16-0 and Super Bowl parades.

[quote name='sois' date='22 April 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1271972254' post='880457']
Why NOT get pissed? This is one of the few times your mouth can write checks that don't necessarily ever get cashed. For example, nobody remembers if your thought Sean Brewer was a steal or that Levi was a reach. It's the best time of the year for over the top hyperbole!
[/quote]

Why not get pissed? I dont know maybe because theres 10 or so guys who get paid and its their job to spend their time figuring out exactly what and who we need to make our team better and you thinking your opinion of a guy is better then what the combination of those 10 or so guys know.

Its just dumb.

Of course they are gonna make mistakes every now and then...everyone does. And I understand maybe not liking a pick or wanting someone else.

But there is just no reason to be pissed about something that the people who make the decision know way more then you about it.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1271972246' post='880456']

[/quote]
Of course not but every coach and GM in the history of the NFL has made a bad pick no?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1271972474' post='880461']
Why not get pissed? I dont know maybe because theres 10 or so guys who get paid and its their job to spend their time figuring out exactly what and who we need to make our team better and you thinking your opinion of a guy is better then what the combination of those 10 or so guys know.

Its just dumb.

Of course they are gonna make mistakes every now and then...everyone does. And I understand maybe not liking a pick or wanting someone else.

But there is just no reason to be pissed about something that the people who make the decision know way more then you about it.
[/quote]

Are you sure you're a sports fan? Getting pissed and second guessing the coach is part of the territory. Next time you're at a game why don't you tell everyone in attendance to calm down next time Marvin blows an unnecessary time out or kicks on 4th and 1 instead of going for it?

This ain't golf.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='22 April 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1271972587' post='880463']
Of course not but every coach and GM in the history of the NFL has made a bad pick no?
[/quote]

Of course...but you dont know that thats gonna be a bad pick. So why not just think logically and realize they have studied Mays WAY more then you have and if they think he is gonna be a good fit, then realize he probably has a bette shot of being a good fit then you think he does.

[quote name='sois' date='22 April 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1271972714' post='880464']
Are you sure you're a sports fan? Getting pissed and second guessing the coach is part of the territory. Next time you're at a game why don't you tell everyone in attendance to calm down next time Marvin blows an unnecessary time out or kicks on 4th and 1 instead of going for it?

This ain't golf.
[/quote]

There is a HUGE difference between second guessing in game decisions and second guessing draft picks.

There is just way too much research and time and effort going into their draft decisions to think the pick is an awful pick because ive seen 4 of his games on TV and watched highlight reels.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1271972875' post='880467']
There is a HUGE difference between second guessing in game decisions and second guessing draft picks.

There is just way too much research and time and effort going into their draft decisions to think the pick is an awful pick because ive seen 4 of his games on TV and watched highlight reels.
[/quote]

So NFL teams do their homework for draft time and wing it on the field on Sunday? That is what you're saying?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1271972875' post='880467']

[/quote]
Didn't pretty much everyone here think Chris Perry was an awful pick? Same with Simpson?

ummm....

Yes!

Im so happy that the draft is here! Very excited...hoping for the best
Hoping for a tons of trades
Looking forward to The Rams takiny Suh, The Browns taking a QB...and The Raiders taking Tebow LOL

(Just wanted to post in the spirit of the thread)

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='22 April 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1271973021' post='880473']
Didn't pretty much everyone here think Chris Perry was an awful pick? Same with Simpson?
[/quote]

CP would have been a great pick if he didnt get hurt 10 times. He helped us make the playoffs in 2005 and brought a lot of good things to our team. He just ran into injury issues that he never got over.

Jerome get back to me in 2 years.

[quote name='cassanos' date='22 April 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1271973167' post='880474']
ummm....

Yes!

Im so happy that the draft is here! Very excited...hoping for the best
Hoping for a tons of trades
Looking forward to The Rams takiny Suh, The Browns taking a QB...and The Raiders taking Tebow LOL

(Just wanted to post in the spirit of the thread)
[/quote]

I just pray for the Browns to take C. McCoy in round two.

[quote name='sois' date='22 April 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1271972996' post='880472']
So NFL teams do their homework for draft time and wing it on the field on Sunday? That is what you're saying?
[/quote]

No they dont wing it on sunday, but they do their homework too. And chances are when they kick that FG on 4th and 1 its a smarter play then going for it, even if I really want them to go for it. Marvin just happens to be a little more conservative of a coach, and its probably helpd him win games he would have lost if he was more risky.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1271973385' post='880477']
No they dont wing it on sunday, but they do their homework too. And chances are when they kick that FG on 4th and 1 its a smarter play then going for it, even if I really want them to go for it. Marvin just happens to be a little more conservative of a coach, and its probably helpd him win games he would have lost if he was more risky.
[/quote]

Wow. You might be the most passive sports fan in the world. You've never boo'd at a coach's call? Never questioned a GM for trading away a beloved lefty QB? Never questioned a team that didn't take the Saints godfather offer in the 98 draft?

[quote name='sois' date='22 April 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1271974566' post='880485']
Wow. You might be the most passive sports fan in the world. You've never boo'd at a coach's call? Never questioned a GM for trading away a beloved lefty QB? Never questioned a team that didn't take the Saints godfather offer in the 98 draft?
[/quote]

Of course ive booed coaches calls and decisions the team has made.

Im just saying I wont be pissed at the team for drafting a guy that they think will fit well on our team and is the best guy to pick, just because I dont think the guy is that good. I KNOW that they know WAY more then I do, so im not gonna think my knowledge of a guy is better then theirs. Its dumb, period the end. Im done with this stupid argument.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1271975070' post='880488']
Of course ive booed coaches calls and decisions the team has made.

Im just saying I wont be pissed at the team for drafting a guy that they think will fit well on our team and is the best guy to pick, just because I dont think the guy is that good. I KNOW that they know WAY more then I do, so im not gonna think my knowledge of a guy is better then theirs. Its dumb, period the end. Im done with this stupid argument.
[/quote]

Stupid arguments are my favorite.

Archived