Just got an iPhone

MULLY

Ok, so I just got home with my new iPhone and it's syncing up my music now. Should take forever on that one. Are there any Bengals themes available and HOW do you set them up on the phone? I think for now that is my main question. I'm sure more will come up.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='27 April 2010 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1272372029' post='884182']
Ok, so I just got home with my new iPhone and it's syncing up my music now. Should take forever on that one. Are there any Bengals themes available and HOW do you set them up on the phone? I think for now that is my main question. I'm sure more will come up.
MULLY
[/quote]

Chad has a hilarious app... Sound bits etc.
The coolest app I've found thus far is the Hipstamatic Camera.
Just go to the App Store Search and keyword anything that is of interest to you and you'll get endless app options...

BTW, they set themselves up. You just need an iTunes account...

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='28 April 2010 - 03:59 AM' timestamp='1272394772' post='884319']
Chad has a hilarious app... Sound bits etc.
The coolest app I've found thus far is the Hipstamatic Camera.
Just go to the App Store Search and keyword anything that is of interest to you and you'll get endless app options...

BTW, they set themselves up. You just need an iTunes account...
[/quote]

Hopefully they have that app available here in Japan. Since I'm over here I can't get apps from the iTunes store in America.
Thanks,
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='27 April 2010 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1272409948' post='884401']
Hopefully they have that app available here in Japan. Since I'm over here I can't get apps from the iTunes store in America.
Thanks,
MULLY
[/quote]

I bet you get all the good Godzilla apps...

Well, a few days into this iPhone thing and I'm finding that I would have been happier getting a regular goddammed phone and picking up the iPod touch instead of this fucking thing. What the fuck were they thinking when they designed this? Let me list some complaints...

1) No way to sort pictures into folders without setting up folders on your computer, exporting the pics to those folders and then importing them back into the phone. WTF? Wouldn't it have been a shitload easier just to make folder options on the damn phone?

2) The address book doesn't allow sorting names/addresses into groups. Just one long straight line from A to Z. Again, WTF???

3) No way to create mail folders and sort messages. Oh, sure, you can set up a Gmail account and imap it and have folders there, but how do you use the address given to your phone from that? No reason to give my phone addy to anyone. Thing is, all my friends have my old address, which I can still use on this phone, but there's no way to sort them. One inbox, that's it.

4) You can't block phone numbers. On my old phone if there was a number that you didn't want to get through all you had to do was block it. If that person called it didn't show up. No way on the iPhone.

Nope, not thrilled with this at all. And I'm sorry to say but this is typical American design. Always comes up a dollar short. Had the Japs designed this there would be options out the ying yang.
MULLY

yea... if you spent 1/3rd the time looking for solutions as you did complaining here about those "issues" you likely would have found them.....

open the app store..

search "photo gallery" "block call" "email folder" etc..

and youll have free and paid options galore.

silly americans, making phone thats fully customizable instead of over loading it with shit most people arent going to use out of the box, taking up more memory and requiring more power constantly to do basic things..

buy a japanese phones if the iphone is too hard for you...

:pointlaff:

:read:

[quote name='GoBengals' date='01 May 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1272695667' post='885353']
yea... if you spent 1/3rd the time looking for solutions as you did complaining here about those "issues" you likely would have found them.....

open the app store..

search "photo gallery" "block call" "email folder" etc..

and youll have free and paid options galore.

silly americans, making phone thats fully customizable instead of over loading it with shit most people arent going to use out of the box, taking up more memory and requiring more power constantly to do basic things..

buy a japanese phones if the iphone is too hard for you...

:pointlaff:

:read:
[/quote]

Get butt hurt all you want Ryan, America is light years behind Japan with this kind of stuff. I remember reading when they were talking about getting cameras on phones over there, it was the big new technology..........the one I'd been using over here for at least 3 or 4 years prior. Face it, Apple dropped the ball. Hey, I'll give them props for making money off of these things but let's be real, filtering mail should be basic on any mail client.

And for the record, there are no apps for sorting mail with your iPhone address, only with the imap account through Gmail or Yahoo mail. I just want my phone to have basic options on it. Is that too much to ask?
MULLY

Well, one down side for Japan is that they don't have all the same music available as the US. But, again, I'll lay that blame on Apple because it's their fucking rules that don't allow you to shop in iTunes outside of the country you're in. All the same apps aren't available over here either. I think I found one that will take care of the picture sorting though.

As for the mail thing, Ryan, if I had never had a phone before this wouldn't bother me one bit. I'd imap through gmail, which I've already done by the way, and be done with it. The problem is that I've been using the same mail address, on my phone, for the past 6 or 7 years easily. That address is still usable on this phone but all the messages come in through the phones account, not gmail, which means that I can't filter them. So, if I want to be able to filter my mail I'm going to have to send a change of address message to everyone in my address book.....which, by the way, I don't see an option to bulk mail something like that in one message. I guess I should have to sit here and send individual messages to the 220 people in my contacts list.

Oh, and about your pissing and moaning about using power etc.... yeah, that fucking compass is necessary. I know tons of people that are always out in the middle of a forest not knowing which direction they're going. You can't argue the point of using battery power or taking up space when you have stupid shit like that fucking compass on there.
MULLY

Archived