What to watch on TV next year

Jamie_B

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300241339' post='977205']
holy crap, the V finale tonight was awesome. Easily the best episode of the series.
[/quote]

yeah it was, now its gonna suck waiting to find out what happens

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300370165' post='977475']
i dont really pay attention to ratings, were they getting bad ones?
[/quote]

ahh, I misinterpreted your "see what happens" comment. Figured you were referring to if a 3rd season gets picked up, which has not happened yet.

Season 2 was supposed to be 22 episodes and got cut to 10. They haven't been renewed for season 3 yet, so there's talk they may get cancelled.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300370397' post='977482']
ahh, I misinterpreted your "see what happens" comment. Figured you were referring to if a 3rd season gets picked up, which has not happened yet.

Season 2 was supposed to be 22 episodes and got cut to 10. They haven't been renewed for season 3 yet, so there's talk they may get cancelled.
[/quote]

ah i hadnt known that the 3rd season wasnt picked up yet, the "see what happens" meaning for next season which I had assumed was already picked up

man that would suck, its about the only thing i watch of tv anymore outside of football and im thinking about dropping that too if carson isnt here next year

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300370624' post='977487']
ah i hadnt known that the 3rd season wasnt picked up yet, the "see what happens" meaning for next season which I had assumed was already picked up

man that would suck, its about the only thing i watch of tv anymore outside of football and im thinking about dropping that too if carson isnt here next year
[/quote]

Yeah, when they pulled the license from Hulu, there were posters there who stated the network had a new CEO(?) who was planning on scrapping most of the current shows and replacing them with his own shit (which I guess is mostly crime dramas etc).

At the time (start of the second season) the analysis was that V was one of the unfavorable shows in his mind, hence the removeal of it from Hulu (the CEO wants it to die).

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300372189' post='977523']
Yeah, when they pulled the license from Hulu, there were posters there who stated the network had a new CEO(?) who was planning on scrapping most of the current shows and replacing them with his own shit (which I guess is mostly crime dramas etc).

At the time (start of the second season) the analysis was that V was one of the unfavorable shows in his mind, hence the removeal of it from Hulu (the CEO wants it to die).
[/quote]

What are the ratings for it anyway?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300378420' post='977592']
What are the ratings for it anyway?
[/quote]

[code]
Tuesday 8:00 pm (November 3–24, 2009) #34(rank); 9.75(# of viewers in millions); 3.4 (Rating)
Tuesday 10:00 pm (March 30 – May 18, 2010) #89(rank); 5.72(# of viewers in millions); 2.3 (Rating)
[/code]

Not too hot.. Especially after they changed the time slot.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300381420' post='977620']
the finale was somewhere in the 5-5.5 million viewer range.
[/quote]

Then that shows an even further dip from the low point last season... Which, if as you stated earlier, was up from previously in the second season shows a decidedly downward trend..

I have to say, I like the show, but the Erica Evans character is starting to annoy me.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300383389' post='977629']
Then that shows an even further dip from the low point last season... Which, if as you stated earlier, was up from previously in the second season shows a decidedly downward trend..

I have to say, I like the show, but the Erica Evans character is starting to annoy me.
[/quote]

She is a bit over the top.

I really hope they dont cancel this too, man everything I was watching. I'm like a ratings cooler. :lol:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300383580' post='977631']

I really hope they dont cancel this too, man everything I was watching. I'm like a ratings cooler. :lol:
[/quote]

What bothers me is her moral pendulum swings in the direction of self interest a little too much for me to get behind some of the shit that has gone down recently..

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300383672' post='977632']
What bothers me is her moral pendulum swings in the direction of self interest a little too much for me to get behind some of the shit that has gone down recently..
[/quote]

I don't mind it. Her swings have followed a logical path within her character arc.

She started out as a moral mom/cop who wanted to win without killing.

As the safety of her child was increasingly threatened, she evolved to do whatever necessary to stop those who posed a threat to him.

Now, as the finale finished up she's coming to realize that those actions have consequences and you can't lose control like that.

It seems that she's going to swing back towards the conservative side juding by the finale, but that may change when she finds out her son is dead...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300385247' post='977641']
I don't mind it. Her swings have followed a logical path within her character arc.

She started out as a moral mom/cop who wanted to win without killing.

As the safety of her child was increasingly threatened, she evolved to do whatever necessary to stop those who posed a threat to him.

Now, as the finale finished up she's coming to realize that those actions have consequences and you can't lose control like that.

It seems that she's going to swing back towards the conservative side juding by the finale, but that may change when she finds out [color="#FF0000"]her son is dead...[/color]
[/quote]

between that and ryan (whom im assuming is dead and not just knocked out by the hand (or tail hehe) of his own daughter no less...)

oh and anna killing her mother

good stuff

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300386341' post='977654']
between that and ryan (whom im assuming is dead and not just knocked out by the hand (or tail hehe) of his own daughter no less...)

oh and anna killing her mother

good stuff
[/quote]

ryan's dead. They said 3 main characters would die in the finale. He was #2.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300386529' post='977658']
ryan's dead. They said 3 main characters would die in the finale. He was #2.
[/quote]

as i dont watch tv and thus dont see comericals, im assuming they said that in a comerical?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300383580' post='977631']

I really hope they dont cancel this too, man everything I was watching.[b] I'm like a ratings cooler.[/b] :lol:
[/quote]

ha, I'm a show killer.

Already lost Undercovers and HappyTown. Fringe and V are on the fence. No Ordinary Family isn't getting renewed for season 2.

Studio 60 a few years ago (still one of the best shows I've seen, its a shame). Also Drrt and The Riches on F/X. I started watching Nip/Tuck and it then died.

Lost is the only show I've watched from the beginning that has gone the distance.

I might start watching Mad Men just to kill it off. :)

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301067959' post='979845']
Fringe got picked up for a full 22 episode 4th season. [img]http://www.yappi.info/1/ubb/banana.gif[/img]
[/quote]

WHEW!

I was little worried when they moved it's time slot, and then one of the creators slipped saying something to the affect of "we are looking at ways to save the series" and then quickly added "not that it needs saving in any way of course!"

Uhh... Ok.. Then why did you say that?

Archived