What to watch on TV next year

Jamie_B

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1304363344' post='990262']
anyone want to recomend a show to D/L or netflix? I need something to fill the giant void left behind when i finally watched all 6 seasons of Lost

for some reason i always get into shows long after everyone else, but i kind of like it because i dont have to deal with waiting for new episodes/seasons

I started downloading seasons of 24 in college and it ruined me for ever watching a show live or up to date
[/quote]
Supernatural. Seasons one and two are good; three, four and five are great. I get the feeling season six was an after thought because they wrapped up so many story lines in season five.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote]Fox went on a killing spree late Tuesday, canceling five bubble shows including Human Target and Lie to Me.
The network also axed freshman comedies Breaking In and Traffic Light as well as Shield creator Shawn Ryan’s rookie cop drama The Chicago Code.[/quote]

BOOOOOOOOOOO! Human Target was very good, and frankly I'm shocked about Breaking In. It was getting very good ratings.

Nothing surprises with FOX anymore....they don't know a good series when they see one. If you took Idol out of their lineup, not one show gets more than 15 million viewers regularly on that network. That says something.

They are banking on X Factor being the next big hit in the states.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1305334984' post='992602']
damn I am a tv show cooler.

:(
[/quote]

ha, I'm a show killer.

V
The Event
No Ordinary Family
Mr. Sunshine
Human Target
Breaking In

And that's just the last 2 days. There's a slew of others I've killed like FlashForward, Studio 60, and Undercovers. :lol:

And Smallville just ended.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1305315909' post='992544']
boooooooooooooooo V just got axed.
[/quote]

I liked V, and was absolutely stoked when they announced it's return.. But I think they kind of fucked it up a bit.. The plot sort of meandered.. They should have made it more like the original mini-series and got right to the resistance part. Obviously they were planning on getting there, but it's so hard to get a Sci-Fi show to succeed. You need to give some red meat to the masses.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1305118818' post='992055']
BOOOOOOOOOOO! Human Target was very good, and frankly I'm shocked about Breaking In. It was getting very good ratings.
[/quote]

I wish they would just stick with a show instead of canceling it and then replacing it with another show that will likely be canceled.

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1305396841' post='992658']
I wish they would just stick with a show instead of canceling it and then replacing it with another show that will likely be canceled.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if Human Target ends on TNT.

ABC has their schedule out:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/17/abc-fall-schedule/

ABC hopes 13 is its lucky number. The network has picked up a baker’s dozen new shows to populate its fall and midseason schedule, which includes opening a new comedy block.

Mondays will stay the same with Dancing With the Stars and Castle. Tuesdays will open with a comedy hour that includes Tim Allen’s new sitcom, Last Man Standing, paired with another new comedy, Man Up. Wednesdays adds new comedy Suburgatory, plus soap thriller, Revenge, at 10 p.m., with Cougar Town shifting to midseason and Happy Endings getting the Modern Family lead-in. Charlie’s Angels will go into Thursdays at 8 p.m., starting the night for Grey’s Anatomy. Longtime Sunday-night reality show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition moves to Fridays, giving Shark Tank a strong reality opening act for the first time. Sunday sees Pan Am flying into the Brothers and Sisters spot after Desperate Housewives, while fairy tale drama Once Upon a Time goes into 8 p.m.

Surprisingly, some of the new shows that received the most online buzz are not joining the network until midseason — Good Christian Belles, Apartment 23 and The River. ABC entertainment president Paul Lee told reporters he expects to expand the network’s new Tuesday comedy block to two hours in midseason — giving the network back-to-back nights of two-hour comedy blocks. Asked about canceling Brothers and Sisters, Lee said, the drama “had a great run … the finale was a great last episode and we felt it was time.”

[b][size="4"]Seth MacFarlane to reboot the 'Flintstones'[/b][/size]

Yabba-dabba... Giggity?

After announcing its new fall season, and teasing the new seasons of hits like "Glee," Fox had one more surprise up its sleeve at Monday's upfront presentation for advertisers.

Seth MacFarlane, creator of Fox animated series "Family Guy," "American Dad" and "The Cleveland Show," told attendees that he was working on another show for 2013: a re-imagining of the first-ever primetime animated sitcom, "The Flintstones."

“The very first cartoon character I drew at age two was Fred Flintstone,” said MacFarlane in a press release. “So it’s appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him.”

The network promised a "modern day" take on the stone age family, who celebrated their 50th anniversary last year.

Deadline reports that this announcement followed "complicated negotiations" between 20th Century Fox TV and Warner Bros. Television (owned by Time Warner, which also owns CNN).

This new take on classic characters is sure to be one of the most talked-about series in the next couple of years, not unlike the 1994 live-action movie, which starred John Goodman.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to MacFarlane's version of "The Flintstones?" Let us know with an iReport or in the comments below.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1305676614' post='993164']
This is pretty dark for a network TV show. About fairy tales no less.

Think Enchanted but darker.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz9VFa7Z6Y0&feature=player_embedded[/media]
[/quote]

That looks awesome!

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1303272780' post='984724']
This should be a show....George Micheal is sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws
[/quote]

hhhahaahahahaahahaahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahha alol

I heart JJ Abrams. His two new shows, with Lost alums in starring roles. The latter is also executive produced by Jonathan Nolan, Chris' brother and scribe of Memento and The Dark Knight.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jAlFqvASU[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1vPuVRyGg[/media]

Archived