What to watch on TV next year

Jamie_B

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1310479403' post='1000599']
what's been awful about it?

It's been pretty good so far.
[/quote]

production, story line. Etc. The story has been done many times and its a hair up from one of those croctopus scify movies. Its enjoyable but its not good in any other way.

I'm not sure when the show will start, they haven't even got a writer for it yet. But Charlie Sheen's next TV show will be titled, I shit you not, "Anger Management".

Link: http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/lionsgate-tv-debmar-mercury-officially-announce-anger-management-sitcom-starring-charlie-sheen/

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1311077540' post='1001598']
I'm not sure when the show will start, they haven't even got a writer for it yet. But Charlie Sheen's next TV show will be titled, I shit you not, "Anger Management".

Link: http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/lionsgate-tv-debmar-mercury-officially-announce-anger-management-sitcom-starring-charlie-sheen/
[/quote]

ha I read about this yesterday. They don't have a network or anything yet for it.

It's based off the Adam Sandler movie "Anger Management", with Sheen playing the Jack Nicholson role.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1311078960' post='1001607']
ha I read about this yesterday. They don't have a network or anything yet for it.

It's based off the Adam Sandler movie "Anger Management", with Sheen playing the Jack Nicholson role.
[/quote]

I heard TBS picked it up?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1311079183' post='1001609']
I heard TBS picked it up?
[/quote]

then it just happened. As of yesterday it hadn't.

You may be thinking of something that came out a week or two ago where Sheen said he had a deal with I think TBS, and the network came out and denied it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1311079436' post='1001612']
then it just happened. As of yesterday it hadn't.

[color="#FF0000"]You may be thinking of something that came out a week or two ago where Sheen said he had a deal with I think TBS, and the network came out and denied it.[/color]
[/quote]

likely

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1310962167' post='1001405']
production, story line. Etc. The story has been done many times and [b]its a hair up from one of those croctopus scify movies[/b]. Its enjoyable but its not good in any other way.
[/quote]

This made me LOL. I'm a sucker for anything Scify....

• 3 weeks later...
has anyone been watching "Take the Money and Run" on ABC? I've seen the first two episodes and its been pretty good so far.

They give 2 people a briefcase with $100,000 in it (its not really in there). They have an hour to hid it anywhere they want. After the hour is up, they get taken into custody by two detectives.

The two detectives (also contestants, but real detectives) have 48 hours to find the briefcase. They're also helped by 2 professional interrogators who are part of the show and try and crack the 2 people during the show.

If the detectives find the money within 48 hours they get to keep it. If not, the 2 people who hid it get to keep it.

Week 1 the detectives one, lastnight the hiders wons.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1312991954' post='1013673']
has anyone been watching "Take the Money and Run" on ABC? I've seen the first two episodes and its been pretty good so far.

They give 2 people a briefcase with $100,000 in it (its not really in there). They have an hour to hid it anywhere they want. After the hour is up, they get taken into custody by two detectives.

The two detectives (also contestants, but real detectives) have 48 hours to find the briefcase. They're also helped by 2 professional interrogators who are part of the show and try and crack the 2 people during the show.

If the detectives find the money within 48 hours they get to keep it. If not, the 2 people who hid it get to keep it.

Week 1 the detectives one, lastnight the hiders wons.
[/quote]

I have been watching this....

The people were really smart last night and kept their mouths shut. They didn't lie that much, but didn't give them anything to go on. What I don't understand is why they were so focused on the 2nd stop and not the 1st one. I would think once they went back to the gas station a 2nd time, they should have realized that the suitcase was not going to be there.

San Fran was week 1, Miami was week 2. I didn't watch the preview for next week (I try to avoid watching previews on certain shows to be surprised).

"Franklin and Bash" got renewed for a 2nd season next summer. This is Breckin Meyer, "Zack Morris" and Malcolm McDowell. Very entertaining series. What worries is "Raising the Bar" which is the same type of genre didn't make it past season 2. I hope this series keeps going for a while.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1313013413' post='1013757']
I have been watching this....

The people were really smart last night and kept their mouths shut. They didn't lie that much, but didn't give them anything to go on. What I don't understand is why they were so focused on the 2nd stop and not the 1st one. I would think once they went back to the gas station a 2nd time, they should have realized that the suitcase was not going to be there.

San Fran was week 1, Miami was week 2. I didn't watch the preview for next week (I try to avoid watching previews on certain shows to be surprised).

"Franklin and Bash" got renewed for a 2nd season next summer. This is Breckin Meyer, "Zack Morris" and Malcolm McDowell. Very entertaining series. What worries is "Raising the Bar" which is the same type of genre didn't make it past season 2. I hope this series keeps going for a while.
[/quote]

yea I was surprised they won last night. They only called one person and only made 2 stops. Didn't think it would be enough, and had they not ended up hiding it at someone's house they didn't know, it probably wouldn't have been.

My wife and I really like Franklin and Bash. I also was a Raising the Bar fan.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1313107164' post='1014079']
Watched the first episode...that paul dude was a pussy.
[/quote]

lol

yea, he cracked pretty easy. I'd like to think I'd do a lot better, but you never know until you're in that situation. Still, come on man, you know you're getting out after 48 hours!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313110709' post='1014090']
lol

yea, he cracked pretty easy. I'd like to think I'd do a lot better, but you never know until you're in that situation. Still, come on man, you know you're getting out after 48 hours!
[/quote]

Yeah its not like prison was on the line...

Also did it seem to you like they were forced to answer questions? I havent watched the 2nd episode yet, but why wouldnt you just not say anything the whole time?

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1313111645' post='1014091']
Yeah its not like prison was on the line...

Also did it seem to you like they were forced to answer questions? I havent watched the 2nd episode yet, but why wouldnt you just not say anything the whole time?
[/quote]

yea I thought they were led to believe they had to give up some info, or that's really how the game was.

Week 2 the couple seemed to do a better job of not giving up as much. They also didn't really have much to give up though and they did a better job of screwing with the interrogators.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313111839' post='1014092']
yea I thought they were led to believe they had to give up some info, or that's really how the game was.

Week 2 the couple seemed to do a better job of not giving up as much. They also didn't really have much to give up though and they did a better job of screwing with the interrogators.
[/quote]

Also the accomplices didnt help at all in the first episode...

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1310962167' post='1001405']
production, story line. Etc. The story has been done many times and its a hair up from one of those croctopus scify movies. Its enjoyable but its not good in any other way.
[/quote]
I think the season ended well, big cliff hanger. It seems the show started off slow, just to build up to an explosive ending of the season. Much like any other Sci-Fi shows I watch. (big fan of Battlestar Galactica, etc)

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1313112163' post='1014093']
Also the accomplices didnt help at all in the first episode...
[/quote]

I didn't think two stops would do it either. I would have stopped a lot more just so the cops would have to re-trace more steps and that would take more time.

The flip side, had they found the right person at the gas station and the cops would have found out that the girl didn't have the briefcase at that point, the cops would have known between which streets to at least try and question people.

IMO last night's team was doomed from the get go. They didn't call anyone, they only made one stop, and they didn't even hide it very well.

My wife and I decided that the best thing to do would be to call someone and have them meet you somewhere and to bring someone else. Then, you give it to that 2nd person to hide, but never acknowledge that this person was present.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313604488' post='1016699']
IMO last night's team was doomed from the get go. They didn't call anyone, they only made one stop, and they didn't even hide it very well.

My wife and I decided that the best thing to do would be to call someone and have them meet you somewhere and to bring someone else. Then, you give it to that 2nd person to hide, but never acknowledge that this person was present.
[/quote]

I think the idea of not calling or spending money was a good one, but for someone that claims to know Miami, she wasn't thinking with a clear head.

If the girls had made multiple u-turns and stopped a few times, it would have made things harder.

The fact it barely took them more than 24 hours is saying something too.

I doubt you could pass the briefcase to someone multiple times. I would like to see what the official rules are for this show though.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1313614760' post='1016790']

I think the idea of not calling or spending money was a good one, but for someone that claims to know Miami, she wasn't thinking with a clear head.

If the girls had made multiple u-turns and stopped a few times, it would have made things harder.

The fact it barely took them more than 24 hours is saying something too.

I doubt you could pass the briefcase to someone multiple times. I would like to see what the official rules are for this show though.
[/quote]

I'll say one thing, the idea of making the "weak" sister close her eyes so that she didn't know where it was hidden was a brilliant move.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313614975' post='1016792']

I'll say one thing, the idea of making the "weak" sister close her eyes so that she didn't know where it was hidden was a brilliant move.
[/quote]

Yes, and the one girl didn't believe her!
I found this on abc.com:
[size=4]
Here are some rules/guidelines for the show: [url="http://blog.jbfilms.com/?p=795"]http://blog.jbfilms.com/?p=795[/url][/size]
[list]
[*]Contestants must stay together while hiding the briefcase.
[*]Contestants must use the vehicle. They can park it and walk somewhere.
[*]They can use pay phones.
[*]Detectives get GPS information tracking the vehicle, cell phone records.
[*]The briefcase must be hidden somewhere accessible 24 hours a day.
[*]Anyone the contestants use to hide the money must be accessible by detectives.
[*]All questions must be answered, but both sides are expected to lie and do their best to deceive the other.
[*]Contestants are not allowed to leave the cell.
[/list][size=4]
Here's the FAQ's page on ABC.com: [url="http://abc.go.com/shows/take-the-money-and-run/faq/"]http://abc.go.com/shows/take-the-money-and-run/faq/[/url][/size]

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1313615818' post='1016795']

[size=4][/quote][/size]

[size=4]Just jumping in here and have not read the thread.[/size]

[size=4]I saw where the second season of "Boardwalk Empire" starts September 25 on Home BO.[/size]
[size=4]Excellent show all around and the only reason to justify HBO.[/size]
[size=4]Of course, you can snatch it off the web, too.[/size]
[size=4]But just a great show.[/size]

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1313615818' post='1016795']

Yes, and the one girl didn't believe her!
I found this on abc.com:

Here are some rules/guidelines for the show: [url="http://blog.jbfilms.com/?p=795"]http://blog.jbfilms.com/?p=795[/url][list]
[*]Contestants must stay together while hiding the briefcase.
[*]Contestants must use the vehicle. They can park it and walk somewhere.
[*]They can use pay phones.
[*]Detectives get GPS information tracking the vehicle, cell phone records.
[*]The briefcase must be hidden somewhere accessible 24 hours a day.
[*]Anyone the contestants use to hide the money must be accessible by detectives.
[*]All questions must be answered, but both sides are expected to lie and do their best to deceive the other.
[*]Contestants are not allowed to leave the cell.
[/list]

[size=4]Here's the FAQ's page on ABC.com: [url="http://abc.go.com/shows/take-the-money-and-run/faq/"]http://abc.go.com/sh...ey-and-run/faq/[/url][/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]

I loved and hated tonight's episode at the same time. The guys had a great plan and there was no way in hell the cops were finding it. I hated that the cops won. They didn't do shit, and got $100K for it.

I also really didn't like that (IMO) Mary abused the rules. Instead of treating Bo like a real suspect, she tried to manipulate his perspective of the game by pretending that she was going to screw over the other cops. Something that would never happen in real life. IMO, that's totally not fair, and thankfully Bo didn't fall for it.

Archived