What to watch on TV next year

Jamie_B

haven't watched this preview yet, but the description makes it sound like Fringe meets X-Men. Decent cast too.

Premieres July 10th on Sci-Fi.

[quote]Alphas follows a team of ordinary citizens whose brain anomalies imbue them with extraordinary mental and physical abilities. Taking the law into their own hands, the unlikely team, shepherded by Dr. Leigh Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Oscar nominee David Strathairn) investigates cases that suggest other Alpha activity to uncover what the CIA, FBI and Pentagon have not been able, or willing, to solve. These gifted individuals must balance their quirky personalities and disparate backgrounds with their not always visible powers as they work to solve crimes, stop the ticking time bomb and catch the enemy. [/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO5c865dxbw&feature=related[/media]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1304370559' post='990286']
I was an avid Lost fan which led me to give Fringe a try when it first came out. Same writers and producers.

I've also picked up Smallville recently. Just finished the season 2 premiere, plus I've been watching season 10 this year.

[b]
If you're into comedies, I always recommend Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Great cast, acting and writing.[/b]
[/quote]

this is me pimping a show long gone, but I still highly recommend it. Just pulled it out to watch and forgot just how good the very opening scene is.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIe5NVVeQmk[/media]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1307846775' post='997040']
Game of Thrones is the best show I have ever seen.
[/quote]

It is indeed excellent. I have read the books 2x through... The casting is very good IMO.. They are doing a great job staying true to the books.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1307922143' post='997076']
It is indeed excellent. I have read the books 2x through... The casting is very good IMO.. They are doing a great job staying true to the books.
[/quote]

I want to know nothing about the story. I have been avoiding it as much as possible so please don't divulge much. The episode last night was amazing. Has me thinking about it all day. imight read the books after the series. If you like it though I would suggest checking out Spartacus from STARZ. Very similar.

The Killing is also a great show.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1307986925' post='997167']
So do we find out next week who the killer is or do they drag it on to next year?
[/quote]

in a promo for next week you hear Linden placing someone under arrest for her murder. It was just audio though so they may throw a curveball in.

I think they have indicated the killer. Don't think they'll go into Season 2 on the same case - though they did steal the tagline from the only other show to do that - Twin Peaks, which took several seasons and a movie to discover the killer (and I'm not sure that wasn't just a red herring or a dream)...

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1307979539' post='997146']
I want to know nothing about the story. I have been avoiding it as much as possible so please don't divulge much. The episode last night was amazing. Has me thinking about it all day. imight read the books after the series. If you like it though I would suggest checking out Spartacus from STARZ. Very similar.

The Killing is also a great show.
[/quote]

Spartacus was great.. I loved the comic book feel the fight scenes had..

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1310441961' post='1000551']
caught the premiere of Alphas tonight. It was good, though left me wanting a little more from it. I'd like to see them fine tune some of the characters as the show progresses.
[/quote]

I recorded it. Was it worth a season pass?

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1310473485' post='1000578']
I recorded it. Was it worth a season pass?
[/quote]

oh its definitely worth watching if you like the genre, it just didn't come out with as many guns blazing as I would have hoped. I'm sure it will pick up now that characters are established.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1310476962' post='1000590']
Falling skies is awful but I love it. It really is bad though.

Game of Thrones is so much better then anything. I cant even put for the the ffort to watch True Blood.
[/quote]

what's been awful about it?

It's been pretty good so far.

Archived