What to watch on TV next year

Jamie_B

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='19 May 2010 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1274287773' post='889242']
Definitely...
Criminal Minds
Mentalist
NCIS
House

Pretty goods
CSI:Miami
NCIS: Los Angeles
CSI:
[/quote]

Great list.

And they are coming out with a Criminal Minds spinoff. It will be based on the episode that had Forrest Whitaker in it.

I also watch Bones and Fringe.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='19 May 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1274317304' post='889391']
That's good news then. Still, I'm pretty sure this will be the last season. He must get snagged by the sister very soon.
[/quote]
Unfortunately, I think that's what will happen too. I hope they can do at least two more seasons though, but with the way this season ended, it makes me believe this could be the end of it.

*tear*. What a fantastic show.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='19 May 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1274317304' post='889391']
[b]The Wire[/b] - possibly the best show TV has known. Never got its due in the press. None of these network cop/forensic type shows even come close..
[/quote]

If you think this, you should (if you haven't already) check out Homicide: Life on the Street. Made also by Barry Levinson... IMO, best show I've ever seen. But only through season 6 or so, it really went to shit after that. Had a lot of the same actors as The Wire too.

I got hooked on a show called Flashpoint, and it seems to be in limbo. They haven't outright cancelled it, but not airing new episodes...

[quote name='Cat' date='20 May 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1274368602' post='889460']
If you think this, you should (if you haven't already) check out Homicide: Life on the Street. Made also by Barry Levinson... IMO, best show I've ever seen. But only through season 6 or so, it really went to shit after that. Had a lot of the same actors as The Wire too.
[/quote]

I watched most of Homicide: Life on the Street. Good show but no Wire...
BTW, Levinson produced OZ..
The Wire, was a David Simon (Wire, Generation Kill, Treme, The Corner) show.

if you don't have any movie channels (which i do not) ya gotta get netflix. i started getting netflix about a year ago and have watched A LOT of great shows. i pay like 15 bucks/month and get 2 dvds at a time. if you watch the discs relatively fast and return them, its worth it. my personal picks would be....

dexter
californication
its always sunny in philadelphia
true blood
eastbound and down
the office

BTW does anybody know when season 4 of dexter and the next season of californication come out on DVD!!!!! its driving me nuts!!!!

[quote name='bigfeet4real' date='20 May 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1274410736' post='889585']

BTW does anybody know when season 4 of dexter and the next season of californication come out on DVD!!!!! its driving me nuts!!!!
[/quote]

Dexter is awesome. Absolutely love that show.

You can watch Season 4 (and all the other seasons) online

[url="http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/dexter-season-4-online-episodes-streaming-full-for-free/"]http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/dexter-season-4-online-episodes-streaming-full-for-free/[/url]

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='20 May 2010 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1274379242' post='889514']
I watched most of Homicide: Life on the Street. Good show but no Wire...
BTW, Levinson produced OZ..
The Wire, was a David Simon (Wire, Generation Kill, Treme, The Corner) show.
[/quote]

Bah! You're correct, David Simon wrote the original book that Homicide was based on.

Surprised no one said Big Bang Theory. That show has to one of the funniest to come out in years.

Fringe is good, although I need to watch the last 4 episodes still, hopefully Abrams advanced some of the storylines.

House is good as well.

[quote name='Go Skins' date='25 May 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1274828141' post='890046']
Surprised no one said [b]Big Bang Theory[/b]. That show has to one of the funniest to come out in years.

Fringe is good, although I need to watch the last 4 episodes still, hopefully Abrams advanced some of the storylines.

House is good as well.
[/quote]
:doh:

How could I forget that one, it's one of my favorites.

But I watch it as much for Kaley Cuoco as much as I do the comedy.

[quote name='Go Skins' date='25 May 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1274828141' post='890046']
Surprised no one said Big Bang Theory. That show has to one of the funniest to come out in years.

House is good as well.
[/quote]

all 4 monday comedies are brilliant.

also fringes season finale was amazing imo. you will like the last 4 episodes for sure

I hope someone picks up Flashforward. It had a rocky start, but once they took a 3 month break, brought in new writers (including the lead writer of the new Batman movies), things really started to pick up and the last 4-5 episodes of the season were very good. Nothing Oscar worthy, but certainly worth the time watching. Pretty good season (and possibly series) finale tonight.

There's a big Facebook push to get season 2 on Fox or SyFy.

I hate 98% of network TV (cbs, abc, fox, nbc), aside from House and Lost which just ended.

Not having HBO/Showtime doesn't matter, you can either download torrents of the seasons, (very easy) or get netflix for 8.95 per month and rent the show dvds, that's a combo of what I do.

My favorites

The Wire
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy
Burn Notice
True Blood
Supernatural

Getting any show on dvd/downloads is the best cause you can just marathon that shit instead of waiting 1 week or more for a new episode

I'd throw another vote for Sons of Anarchy. Does anyone know when that is coming back? I thought it got picked up for another season but I haven't seen anything about when that would be.

No Ordinary Family is another one I might check out. It's headed by Michael Chiklis (The Shield, Fantastic Four) and is about a family who gains super powers. From wikipedia:

[quote]The show centers around the Powell family, a typical American family, whose members gain special abilities after their plane crash lands into the Amazon River.[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='04 June 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1275676037' post='891638']
No Ordinary Family is another one I might check out. It's headed by Michael Chiklis (The Shield, Fantastic Four) and is about a family who gains super powers. From wikipedia:
[/quote]

The premise sounds like the episode of family guy that they did that.

Wonder if one of them will get the power to grow their fingernails really long? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Do any of y'all watch "Leverage"? It has Timothy Hutton in it, as well as one of the guys from Friday Night Lights. It starts the 3rd season on TNT on June 20th.

It's basically a show about getting even with the rich and powerful. Each character has their own speciality, one is a hacker, one is a mastermind, one is a hitter, one is a thief, and one is a grifter.

[quote name='Go Skins' date='13 June 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1276474984' post='892879']
Do any of y'all watch "Leverage"? It has Timothy Hutton in it, as well as one of the guys from Friday Night Lights. It starts the 3rd season on TNT on June 20th.

It's basically a show about getting even with the rich and powerful. Each character has their own speciality, one is a hacker, one is a mastermind, one is a hitter, one is a thief, and one is a grifter.
[/quote]

I watched season 1 of Leverage regularly, but haven't kept up much since. Mostly because its up against other stuff I watch.

I hope TNT brings back Dark Blue. I liked that.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='13 June 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1276480198' post='892889']
I watched season 1 of Leverage regularly, but haven't kept up much since. Mostly because its up against other stuff I watch.

I hope TNT brings back Dark Blue. I liked that.
[/quote]

I think Dark Blue is coming back mid-August. I thought that was a good show too.

• 2 months later...
Bump.

Was Supernatural mentioned in this thread? We caught a couple of episodes during the day while we were on vacation over the summer and got hooked. The wife and I went out and got the dvd's and watched seasons one and two already.

If you were an X-files fan, you'd probably like this one.

I've enjoyed Rookie Blue on ABC Thursdays at 9pm. Also Covert Affairs on USA Tuesday at 10.

Also was excited that The Colony is back for another season on the Discovery Channel. One of the best reality shows out there IMO. They put a group of strangers in a post-apocalyptic setting together and they have to survive for 50 days (season 1 it was 70 days). Tuesdays at 10pm.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have the patience nor schedule to indulge in serial shows. Therefore I tend to avoid most of the stuff listed here.

Only shows besides news and sports that I go out of my way to watch are both on BBC-America

Pawn Stars - History Channel
Top Gear - a British guys show about cars.
Doctor Who - wouldn't have thunk I would like it, 70s and 80s versions were so corny.
Pillars of the Earth - no idea what channel, I manage to catch it by mistake.

Archived