School festival

MULLY

My school has it's festival coming up. A few of my freshman boys asked me to join their band and play Fuel by Metallica and some other Japanese tune that I forgot the name of. They don't have the confidence in the solos so they asked me. Cool enough. I told them since it's their performance that I would prefer to teach one of them the solos and I'll just sit back and play the rhythm behind it. Neither of them has the confidence though so it looks like I'm soloing. No problem. Along with that performance I get the great opportunity to stand on stage in front of a billion parents and sing the ABC song, a Capella, for my elementary first graders. Fair enough, it's just the ABC song, anyone can pull that one off. But today I got a bomb dropped on me. My sophomore girls asked me to join them in singing "We Are the World". I don't mind joining them, but they need to really understand that I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Oh, I can pull off the ABC song for a bunch of first graders, but We Are the World? Come on!! And the festival is this weekend so I have absolutely no time to prepare for it. I'll get one chance to practice with them on Friday afternoon and that's it. This could be a disaster. I told them I can't sing very well. They're in for a treat come Friday afternoon. Clapton may be right, they may actually hate me after they hear me trying to sing We Are the World. HA!!
MULLY
I want to be Lionel Richie cause there's no way I can pull off Cindy Lauper

[quote name='Tigris' date='22 June 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1277208716' post='894228']
But I thought they despised you?
[/quote]

They will after they see that I sound like cats fucking.
MULLY

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='22 June 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1277209518' post='894235']
You can't butcher it any more than this piece of crap.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI[/media]
[/quote]
Yeah, I watched this earlier tonight when I got home. Get rid of that kid at the beginning and the hip hop shit at the end and it's not so bad. Celine Dion was a great choice for the Cyndi Lauper part.
MULLY

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='22 June 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1277209973' post='894238']
Wear a yellow vest for your performance and send pics :on_the_quiet:
[/quote]

Now *that* would be funny.
MULLY

I used to think the teeth were messed up but you know what? You get used to it and it actually becomes endearing if they aren't real bad. My wife has good teeth though.
MULLY
Bear Grylls is a fucking nutcase!

[quote name='CincyInDC' date='23 June 2010 - 04:31 AM' timestamp='1277235099' post='894312']
Here's a handy guide:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
[/quote]
Yeah. Yeah, I post from an iPhone that completes words automatically. Somtimes I catch them, somtimes I don't.
MULLY

Archived