Bengals need to be ready

Interesting article re: a defensive alignment used by the Patriots.

[url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1455289.html"]http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1455289.html[/url]

...and as we all know, the Patriots (and defensive coordinator Crennel) confused the hell out of Manning in the playoffs.

With Crennel in Cleveland, the Bengals MUST be ready to face "weird" defensive alignments in the first game at Cleveland.

[I personally see the game in Cleveland to be as close to a "must-win" game that you could possibly expect for a week one game.]

[Silently asks self: "why am I worrying about this IN MAY?"] :blink:

Guest Master Shake

[quote name='Cricket' date='May 20 2005, 05:20 PM']Interesting article re: a defensive alignment used by the Patriots.

[url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1455289.html"]http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1455289.html[/url]

...and as we all know, the Patriots (and defensive coordinator Crennel) confused the hell out of Manning in the playoffs. 

With Crennel in Cleveland, the Bengals MUST be ready to face "weird" defensive alignments in the first game at Cleveland.

[I personally see the game in Cleveland to be as close to a "must-win" game that you could possibly expect for a week one game.]
[Silently asks self: "why am I worrying about this IN MAY?"]  :blink:
[right][post="94689"][/post][/right][/quote]

Crennell wasn't able to slow down our offense with the Pats D.
I'm sure he won't do any better with a Clowns D made of mostly new and shitty starters.

im going to disagree. he isnt thier defensive coordinator. just like marvin isnt ours. and our d sucked balls, also a good thing none of the patriots players went to cleveland. so they will still suck.

players have more to do with it than coaches

remember the 3x SB champ coach in NE.. was the dirt piles old coach..

cleveland doesnt worry me

[quote name='Cricket' date='May 20 2005, 02:20 PM']With Crennel in Cleveland, the Bengals MUST be ready to face "weird" defensive alignments in the first game at Cleveland.

[Silently asks self: "why am I worrying about this IN MAY?"]  :blink:
[right][post="94689"][/post][/right][/quote]
When Carson shredded the Patriots' defense in preseason last year, didn't you remember Belichek pacing the sidelines with a look that would have curdled fresh beer? Remember how remarkable it was that so many of the starters played into the second half? Finally, remember how all the "experts" were saying that the Patriots played a 'vanilla' defense and that Carson wouldn't stand a chance come December?

When December rolled around, didn't Carson patiently, carefully and comprehensively shred the Patriots' defense, and was only stopped by Richard Seymour rolling up his leg?

At that time, Carson was 18-24, 2 TDs 1INT and 202 yds with NO sacks. And that was only in 3 Quarters of play.

Peyton Manning, four weeks later, was 27-42, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 238yds and 1 Sack. Two weeks later, Donavon McNabb was 17-26, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 180 yds and 2 Sacks.

Personally, I think Carson has already faced all the 'weird' defensive sets Crennell can throw at him. The Browns aren't going to be able to do a lot of the things that the Patriots did, because it's all going to be new to them and no one knows if the Browns defense can learn it all fast enough to be effective using any of it. Besides, no one knows if the Browns have the talent to do all that Crennell wants them to do. Finally, the defensive coaching fraternity is a small one, and if everyone doesn't know everyone in it, then they at least know of them. I have no doubt thatChuck and Marvin have a good understanding of Romeo's defensive philosophy and methods of execution.

As we know, a whole new defensive scheme takes time to learn, and the only way you know if progress is being made is in the game. Also, you only learn if you have enough talent to play the scheme properly is in the game. This could be replay of Marvin's first regular season game in 2003 against the Broncos. A high powered offense against a new defense. The Bengals job is to make it an ugly loss for the Browns and I'm pretty certain it will happen.

Curse you Seymour!!!

The whodey nation has a long memory, the fellas are gonna own your cheap, cheating, boring ass football team this season.

I'd like to see one of our OLINEMEN CUT-BLOCK your fucking KNEE CAPS OFF!

Not hating mind you, just looking for justice.

;)

[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 20 2005, 09:39 PM']im going to disagree. he isnt thier defensive coordinator. just like marvin isnt ours. and our d sucked balls, also a good thing none of the patriots players went to cleveland.  so they will still suck.

players have more to do with it than coaches

remember the 3x SB champ coach in NE.. was the dirt piles old coach..
cleveland doesnt worry me
[right][post="94696"][/post][/right][/quote]

I agree with you Go! You can polish a turd but at the end of the day it will still stink :)

[quote name='Storm' date='May 20 2005, 07:21 PM']I agree with you Go!    You can polish a turd but at the end of the day it will still stink :)
[right][post="94709"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

I agree, that is ohhhh so true.

[quote name='Storm' date='May 20 2005, 05:21 PM']I agree with you Go!    You can polish a turd but at the end of the day it will still stink :)
[right][post="94709"][/post][/right][/quote]

Um...gee thanks for the mental image :unsure:

[quote name='The Scales' date='May 20 2005, 10:52 PM']Curse you Seymour!!!

The whodey nation has a long memory, the fellas are gonna own your cheap, cheating, boring ass football team this season.   

I'd like to see one of our OLINEMEN CUT-BLOCK your fucking KNEE CAPS OFF!
Not hating mind you, just looking for justice.
;)
[right][post="94704"][/post][/right][/quote]

It's O.K. Scales.... Take a deep breath, and count to 10....goooooood.

[quote name='cincity' date='May 22 2005, 11:25 AM']It's O.K. Scales....  Take a deep breath, and count to 10....goooooood.
[right][post="95038"][/post][/right][/quote]

Thanks i feel better :D

Anytime someone mentions Seymour it gets me fired up. It was looking like the boys were gonna hand that boring team a loss, then Oreo Crennel plots with Seymour to injur the Chosen One.

The football gods will deliver justice to the turds and Patriots. (shakes fist)

Guest Patmo
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='May 21 2005, 11:40 PM'][i]Romeo Fattie has a 6 year rebuilding job on his hands....

He will eat his way to a heart attack by then
[/i]
[right][post="94968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He'll be loved in three years,BJ.Successful in five years . The only reasons I see it taking so long is that he's starting with a retread QB and Winslow could be a big loss.Especially if he returns with diminished skills.

[quote name='Master Shake' date='May 20 2005, 04:33 PM']Crennell wasn't able to slow down our offense with the Pats D.
I'm sure he won't do any better with a Clowns D made of mostly new and shitty starters.
[right][post="94693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

bingo, i was thinking the same thing. great post master shake! i dont think cleveland is any form of immediate threat, but down the road if this guy continues to make moves the stains could become a giant thorn in our side!

Archived