Judgement Day!

Tigers Johnson

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1289003586' post='937640']
The GOP rode in on [b]a wave of discontent from Americans[/b] and one of the bigger reasons was the health care bill... I fully expect them to use it to exploit the democrats moving towards the next election in every manner they can....

I really think the GOP is set up perfectly to add the Senate and the Presidency to their power structure in 2012 barring an extreme gaffes....
[/quote]

What you call "discontent from Americans" is what (allow me to be presumptuous) Jamie might call a lazy, mis-informed populace who is frustrated and prefers a scapegoat to honest, difficult solutions.

Would you be kind enough to explain why you identify with the GOP? Clearly you seem excited for Republicans to take back control of legislation in this country and I'm curious to see if the ideals that draw you to this party are represented by, well, any of the individuals in the party.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1289004300' post='937644']
It is 100% clear that the majority of Americans are against the Health Care reform in it's current form.
[/quote]

Is that true? Is there any possibility that people are against what they've "heard" about Health Care reform? I know my grandparents loathe Obamacare...but only know what they've heard on Glen Beck.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1289011105' post='937653']
What you call "discontent from Americans" is what (allow me to be presumptuous)[color="#FF0000"] Jamie might call a lazy, mis-informed populace who is frustrated and prefers a scapegoat to honest, difficult solutions.[/color]

Would you be kind enough to explain why you identify with the GOP? Clearly you seem excited for Republicans to take back control of legislation in this country and I'm curious to see if the ideals that draw you to this party are represented by, well, any of the individuals in the party.
[/quote]

Yes.

For me I'm not sold that health care bill was the reason for the loss, I put it more on the shoulders of the economy and unemployment.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1289012344' post='937657']
Yes.

For me I'm not sold that health care bill was the reason for the loss, I put it more on the shoulders of the economy and unemployment.
[/quote]

Don't forget a wickedly successful, deceitful campaign.

No denying there was deceit from every angle, but the Republicans have a nack (and unlimited corporate funding) for being far more shocking and convincing.

One day perhaps we'll have only publicly funded campaigns, until then maybe (in imagination land) they can institute a quick test at the voting polls. Answer a few multiple choice questions correctly about solid facts (deficit numbers, spending percentages, actual policy) and you can vote. Answer incorrectly and you don't know enough to cast a vote.

To TJ:

It doesn't take a fucking dime of "funding" to prevent insurance companies from canceling policies or denying claims due to pre-existing conditions.

That is the one bright spot in that half-baked abortion of a bill...

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1289014456' post='937663']
This sign from the rally was probably the most well put.

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/jamie_b_2006/thinkharder.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Ramen...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1289021275' post='937677']
To TJ:

It doesn't take a fucking dime of "funding" to prevent insurance companies from canceling policies or denying claims due to pre-existing conditions.

That is the one bright spot in that half-baked abortion of a bill...

Ramen...
[/quote]

I think the closing the hole that prevented seniors from getting their meds and allowing kids to stay on their parents insurance till 25 (around graduate school age) is good too.

Noodles? :)

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1289011105' post='937653']
What you call "discontent from Americans" is what (allow me to be presumptuous) Jamie might call a lazy, mis-informed populace who is frustrated and prefers a scapegoat to honest, difficult solutions.

[/quote]

Having a rough day at work.....

I will get back in to this conversation soon...

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1289067785' post='937721']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZoyKKE1lyM[/media]

What is wrong with people these days? How do you do that to someone who has parkinsons?
[/quote]

Jamie, this is where you lose credibility in this forum. This is where you become the new Black Jesus of this forum. You pick out the nuts from the people you disagree with on political issues and try to subtly defame the entire group by it...

Why don't you ever post videos of the nuts from your side of the aisle and act appalled? Why were you not upset when people were depicting Bush as Hitler? Why is it only time to restore sanity when people are outraged with the left?

Every party has their nuts.... we all know it. You just seem to pick out the ones that are nuts against your beliefs...

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1289068678' post='937722']
Jamie, this is where you lose credibility in this forum. This is where you become the new Black Jesus of this forum. You pick out the nuts from the people you disagree with on political issues and try to subtly defame the entire group by it...

Why don't you ever post videos of the nuts from your side of the aisle and act appalled? Why were you not upset when people were depicting as Bush Hitler? Why is it on;y time to restore sanity when people are outraged with the left?
[/quote]

Find some for me and Ill gladly tell you how wrong they are.

But your response to this stuff is to subtly ignore it, not be outraged by it, and then say well the people on your side to it too, as if that somehow makes it right.

Oh and I dont think Bush is Hitler, but much like [url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2008/06/18/BL2008061801546.html"]Major General Anthony Taguba, the General whom investigated Abu Ghraib, I do think he is guilty of War Crimes[/url].

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1289068751' post='937723']
Find some for me and Ill gladly tell you how wrong they are.

But your response to this stuff is to subtly ignore it, not be outraged by it, and then say well the people on your side to it too, as if that somehow makes it right.
[/quote]

No.
You are using a form of manipulation to make it look like the people you do not agree with are nuts without actually saying so....

The problem is it actually works on some people.... and you know it... otherwise you would not waste your time posting it.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1289069100' post='937725']
No.
You are using a form of manipulation to make it look like the people you do not agree with are nuts with actually saying so....

The problem is it actually works on some people.... and you know it... otherwise you would not waste your time posting it.
[/quote]

No, I've actually said the tea party is nuts, crazy, loony, ect.. So you're wrong on that account.

No I'm pointing it out because these people actually exist, and they exist on both sides of the isle, HOWEVER the extreme left doesn't have the kind of power the batshits on the right does, and you know that.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1289069443' post='937726']
No, I've actually said the tea party is nuts, crazy, loony, ect.. So you're wrong on that account.

No I'm pointing it out because these people actually exist, and they exist on both sides of the isle, [b]HOWEVER the extreme left doesn't have the kind of power the batshits on the right does, and you know that.[/b]
[/quote]

Ok... then start posting them from both sides of the aisle....

You never answered my question....

Why is it only time to restore sanity now when the democrats are being attacked and it wasn't during the Bush administration?

There really is no need to answer.... we both know why.

You truly are completely out of touch if you believe the bolded part......

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1289069734' post='937727']
Ok... then start posting them from both sides of the aisle....

You never answered my question....

Why is it only time to restore sanity now when the democrats are being attacked and it wasn't during the Bush administration?

There really is no need to answer.... we both know why.

You truly are completely out of touch if you believe the bolded part......
[/quote]

You still dont get it. The crazy's on the left are no where near as many or as powerful as the crazy's on the right. Yes I truly believe that. No I recognize that the left has their code pinks and their move ons but these people are fringe groups that have no where near the power that the tea party crazy's have. If they did we'd all be talking about the code pink's or the move ons and their "insurgency" into the Democrat party, and you know that. That's not out of touch, that is a reality that you dont want to face because the crazy's put your people back in power.

Archived