Cam Newton is a beast

[quote name='cwing' timestamp='1290122856' post='942651']
I normally like what Jt has to say ------ ignor oline and pick up playmakers. Just plan dumb. Make the oline great and average players can become playmakers.
[/quote]

Yeah I was pretty surprised to see a defensive lineman say something like that, particularly about this unit. I guess they will have a few workouts before the draft to determine how Andre is recovering but even if he looks good there's not much depth at any spot. I always thought good teams try to draft guys [i]before[/i] they need them?

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1290132190' post='942661']
Yeah I was pretty surprised to see a defensive lineman say something like that, particularly about this unit. I guess they will have a few workouts before the draft to determine how Andre is recovering but even if he looks good there's not much depth at any spot.[b] I always thought good teams try to draft guys [i]before[/i] they need them[/b]?
[/quote]

Thats hard to do when you are always struggling to be good in the first place....

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1290132190' post='942661']
I always thought good teams try to draft guys [i]before[/i] they need them?
[/quote]

Is the future RG on the roster?

Starters in Cin seem to remain starters despite repeated failures and proving beyond the shadow of a doubt they are done.

A few that come to mind. Guycheck, Levi (hurt for 3 seasons).

[quote name='cwing' timestamp='1290293359' post='942929']
Is the future RG on the roster?

Starters in Cin seem to remain starters despite repeated failures and proving beyond the shadow of a doubt they are done.

A few that come to mind. Guycheck, Levi (hurt for 3 seasons).
[/quote]

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the future RG, but IMO Livings is better suited for RG than LG. Better run blocker than pass blocker.

Hudson and Shirley are unknowns. Roland's not that good and 6'9 may be too tall for a guard.

Archived