Anyone else feel like we'll end up regretting not drafting a QB?

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1298483509' post='972324']
I'm gonna guess you have never watched Pryor play because if you had you would know that bolded statement is flat out untrue. He has amazing arm strength and good mechanics and has shown a great deal of improved accuracy with every season he's played. He has no character concerns that anybody is aware of and seems much more humble than Cam. And since you can't remember which "repected draft analyst" (which is like saying an honest politician) you read that from I'm going to say it is pure bull shit.
[/quote]

come on man. I think he can be a pro NFL QB if he continues to progress, but even the biggest OSU homers can't say that he's gonna be a first round pick.

Pryor's getting better every year, which is a good sign, but he still has a ways to go. Another good sign is that he shows up in big games, and fwiw he outplayed Mallett in the Sugar Bowl.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1298483730' post='972326']
come on man. I think he can be a pro NFL QB if he continues to progress, but even the biggest OSU homers can't say that he's gonna be a first round pick.

Pryor's getting better every year, which is a good sign, but he still has a ways to go. Another good sign is that he shows up in big games, and fwiw he outplayed Mallett in the Sugar Bowl.
[/quote]
And even the biggest OSU haters should be able to see that when a guy with Pryor's talent enters the draft he will go in Round 1. The people that think Pryor won't go Round 1 are probably the same people that think Cam won't go top 10. It's gonna happen, get used to the idea.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1298483856' post='972328']
And even the biggest OSU haters should be able to see that when a guy with Pryor's talent enters the draft he will go in Round 1. The people that think Pryor won't go Round 1 are probably the same people that think Cam won't go top 10. It's gonna happen, get used to the idea.
[/quote]
I'm a huge OSU fan. Pryor will not go in round 1. I'm a huge Newton hater. He will still be a top 10 pick.

Your are being quite contrary today.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1298483856' post='972328']
[b]And even the biggest OSU haters should be able to see that when a guy with Pryor's talent enters the draft he will go in Round 1.[/b] The people that think Pryor won't go Round 1 are probably the same people that think Cam won't go top 10. It's gonna happen, get used to the idea.
[/quote]

that's a big assumption at this point.

And while he's not as bad as Cam IMO, Pryor's character isn't exactly squeaky clean.

Well Pryor is every bit the athlete that Cam is and he plays in more of a pro-style offense that actually requires that he reads a defense. I'd say his arm is pretty similar to Cams in strength and accuracy and he will have had 4 yrs of big-time production at a big-time program compared to just one for Cam. Will he be a first rd pick? No idea, but I'm guessing scouts will drool over his size and athletic ability just like they are Cam right now once they get a chance to see him up close and personal.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1298484055' post='972331']
that's a big assumption at this point.

And while he's not as bad as Cam IMO, Pryor's character isn't exactly squeaky clean.
[/quote]
Jake Locker is probably going to go Round 1 - JAKE F'ING LOCKER!!! He is garbage, built his name as a scrambler as a freshman and hasn't done shit since. But he's one of the best Qb's in this draft so he'll go Round 1 most likely.
Pryor will be one of the best football players in next year's draft, forget about QB's. How are you going to say he won't go Round 1? Makes no sense.

It's the NFL anything can happen, but no matter if Carson plays for the Bengals or not in 2011 it seems like it is the begining of the end for him as a bengal.

His play has declined. People can go back and forth on this forever. There is nothing to prove anyone right or wrong. However, you have to look at his chances of becoming the 2005/2006 top QB he was. New system. Questionable commitment. Now a mostly supporting fan base will be quicker to turn on him.

You can't turn a blind eye to drafting a QB at this point.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1298484268' post='972337']
Jake Locker is probably going to go Round 1 - JAKE F'ING LOCKER!!! He is garbage, built his name as a scrambler as a freshman and hasn't done shit since. But he's one of the best Qb's in this draft so he'll go Round 1 most likely.
Pryor will be one of the best football players in next year's draft, forget about QB's.[b] How are you going to say he won't go Round 1?[/b] Makes no sense.
[/quote]

I'm not saying for sure he won't. You're saying for sure he will. See the difference?

It's a weak year for QB's. In a stronger year (like next year) its unlikely Locker goes in the first round. I don't even think he'll go in the first round this year.

[quote name='spicoli-2' timestamp='1298484060' post='972332']
Well Pryor is every bit the athlete that Cam is and he plays in more of a pro-style offense that actually requires that he reads a defense. I'd say his arm is pretty similar to Cams in strength and accuracy and he will have had 4 yrs of big-time production at a big-time program compared to just one for Cam. Will he be a first rd pick? No idea, but I'm guessing scouts will drool over his size and athletic ability just like they are Cam right now once they get a chance to see him up close and personal.
[/quote]
I would say Cam has a MUCH stronger arm. Pryor's arm strength has always been questionable. Newton's throwing mechanics are also superior.

I'm an OSU fan and a Newton hater just to reiterate.

Pryor does have the 4 years under a semi pro style offense going for him and that's a definite plus.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1298484147' post='972335']
You must be drunk today
[/quote]
You've pretty much been a dick in every post you've made today. I don't think this is how you normally are on here but again, I could just be forgetting.

I've never had a drink of alcohol in my life.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1298484568' post='972342']
You've pretty much been a dick in every post you've made today. I don't think this is how you normally are on here but again, I could just be forgetting.

[/quote]
I don't think I've been a dick at all, you're just being too sensitive. Maybe you should have a drink.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1298484476' post='972341']
I would say Cam has a MUCH stronger arm. [b]Pryor's arm strength has always been questionable.[/b] Newton's throwing mechanics are also superior.

I'm an OSU fan and a Newton hater just to reiterate.

Pryor does have the 4 years under a semi pro style offense going for him and that's a definite plus.
[/quote]
I'm gonna need sources at this point or else you're just going to have to stop saying this. Watch some film homie

I don't really think it's a lack of arm strength with Pryor as much as it's been lack of sound mechanics, which he's improved every year and should continue to improve.

Again, I don't know if he's going to be a first rd pick or not, but no one can deny his size and athletic ability, which are two things that tend to make scouts lose their minds a little bit.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1298484475' post='972340']
I'm not saying for sure he won't. You're saying for sure he will. See the difference?

It's a weak year for QB's. In a stronger year (like next year) its unlikely Locker goes in the first round. I don't even think he'll go in the first round this year.
[/quote]
Ok, well I thought you were saying for sure he won't. But I'm still going to say for sure he will and I would be willing to make a modest wager with anybody that would like to test my theory. Injuries nullify any bets made.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1298484919' post='972347']
dick may be strong, but you're definitely acting differently today, even before the Pryor conversation.

Tough day at work?
[/quote]

Oooh, you wanted the argument department - this is abuse. Try the next door.

But really, not trying to offend anybody but I'm going to disagree with you if I think you're wrong. That's what this forum is for right

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1298485214' post='972348']
Oooh, you wanted the argument department - this is abuse. Try the next door.

But really, not trying to offend anybody but I'm going to disagree with you if I think you're wrong. That's what this forum is for right
[/quote]

hasn't really been towards me.

I've just seen you throw around a number of insults today, and that's not you're MO. You're a good poster who has always seemed to be above that.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1298481621' post='972314']
Pryor really has no business being discussed as a 1st round QB.....
[/quote]

Neither does Mallet, Newton, Gabbert or Locker. A head case, a one year wonder, a Spread QB with 16 TD passes(really?), and a 55% career passer. I think you read too much into the Media Bias with O-State and Pryor, Buckeye fan or not.

[b]I've never had a drink of alcohol in my life.[/b]
[/quote]

Seems like you could use one.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1298485351' post='972350']
hasn't really been towards me.

I've just seen you throw around a number of insults today, and that's not you're MO. You're a good poster who has always seemed to be above that.
[/quote]
Maybe the offseason is taking its toll. Or maybe I've finally crossed the barrier from grumpy to crotchety

[/quote]

Really? Seems like every draft year you got a target of hate on some college player and it turns into a months of back and forth. I've seen this show before.

Rey. Gresham. Taylor.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1298485624' post='972357']
Really? Seems like every draft year you got a target of hate on some college player and it turns into a months of back and forth. I've seen this show before.

Rey. Gresham. Taylor.
[/quote]

while I disagreed with him on some of them, I'm not sure throwing out those 3 guys is a good example considering he was right on 2 of them.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1298485624' post='972357']

Rey. Gresham. Taylor.
[/quote]
Oh I totally agree there are players in the draft I didn't like or want. I don't think I've ever been disrespectful towards anyone's opinions. If I did I apologize. I love debating the draft. I try not to get pissed off or personal at some of what is said, but we're all human so it happens.

For the record I never said Gresham was a bad player I said we wouldn't draft him because he didn't fit the scheme. I said he would be a damn good receiving tight end. I just figured since Brat didn't know how to use a tight end (seemed to be at least partially right there?) they wouldn't take him. I was wrong.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1298485725' post='972358']
while I disagreed with him on some of them, I'm not sure throwing out those 3 guys is a good example considering he was right on 2 of them.
[/quote]

Happens every year. So now eva has a bad attitude?????

He wasn't right on any of them. He trashed them to an extreme for months. Gresh and Rey are NFL starters and very much worth the picks used to acquire. Taylor I don't know but of course I believe the Bengals did actually think about trading up.

If being right is trashing a prospective NFL high round pick over their weakness and the supporting evidence is subjective views of their play. Nobody would ever be wrong and anyone could do it. It's not a special skill its the NFL draft. Furthermore the ultimate accolade of an individual player is the pro bowl. Which as we know is a scam and often a high percentage of players return year after year. While 64 new players enter the NFL every year as 1st and 2nd round picks.

So I fail to see how you conclude he's right. Gresham and Rey have started since day 1. I don't forsee wither of them really losing their starting positions this year. Taylor I have no idea.

Archived