Never know who you will bump into at a gas station

STRAYCAT

So I ran the wifes car up to the local BP to get gas....first I had to tell the panhandler NO I don't have change and NO I don't have cigarettes....beat it!
I get don and here comes a black Subaru Imprezza Turbo wagon with tinted windows.
I noticed some dreads on the driver.....Dahani Jones gets out. No escalade or big 30 in wheels....just some awd zip..pretty cool.

couldnt questions:

1. you made a trip to the gas station simply to get gas and go back home? if yes, why not just get gas next time out?

2. Did it look like a real bum or a pretend bum who likely makes more money that me by begging for it?

3. did you ask Dhani why he is still in town?

Final comments: He probably is wise enough to know he should save his money, this football thing isnt likely to last much longer, tho lucky for him he wont have played long enough in the end to have any serious health problems, his health coverage may be longer than his career was by the time this CBA is settled..

joking and seriousness aside, thats pretty sweet, i miss running into athletes i give a shit about back in ohio...i'd rather run into Dhani than Elvis dumerville, gaffney, and so on here... *yawn*

sidenote: i miss bobbie williams...

If Dhani is tooling around in an Impreza Turbo Wagon (WRX) then he is maximizing his performance car for the buck. This is the same guy that used to ride a bike to PBS from a downtown hotel room. He isn't going to be caught in a Lambo Murcielago like Chad is. Dhani is a super nice dude, I wish he didn't have eroded skills as an older football player. Sensible guy. Below average MLB for the Bengals. Dammit. Nice guys DO finish last!

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1299167397' post='974709']
Is this what he looked like?

[img]http://img.poptower.com/pic-8547/dhani-jones.jpg?d=1024[/img]
[/quote]

Sumo? No way he'd succeed at sumo.
MULLY

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1299122133' post='974607']
couldnt questions:

1. you made a trip to the gas station simply to get gas and go back home? if yes, why not just get gas next time out?

2. Did it look like a real bum or a pretend bum who likely makes more money that me by begging for it?

3. did you ask Dhani why he is still in town?

Final comments: He probably is wise enough to know he should save his money, this football thing isnt likely to last much longer, tho lucky for him he wont have played long enough in the end to have any serious health problems, his health coverage may be longer than his career was by the time this CBA is settled..

joking and seriousness aside, thats pretty sweet, i miss running into athletes i give a shit about back in ohio...i'd rather run into Dhani than Elvis dumerville, gaffney, and so on here... *yawn*

sidenote: i miss bobbie williams...
[/quote]
Couple of things....wife won't get gas...plus I was out of beer,so it wasn't a wasted trip.
The bum was one of those dropped off from walnut hills waiting for a bus. Didn't chat at him,just gave him a thumbs up as I pulled out. More players like him and Bobbie would be better for all sports in general.....live within your means. B)

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1299713707' post='976221']
Couple of things....wife won't get gas...plus I was out of beer,so it wasn't a wasted trip.
The bum was one of those dropped off from walnut hills waiting for a bus. Didn't chat at him,just gave him a thumbs up as I pulled out. More players like him and Bobbie would be better for all sports in general.....live within your means. B)
[/quote]

From my experience most dudes who drive Imprezza wagons are nerds, Dahani is just a bigger tougher nerd. I used to have when they would try to race me....those and tricked out Civics were the worst.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived