Homosexuality being genetic.

Guest steggyD

Guest steggyD
I came to another realization tonight after some arguing with my wife. She always defends homosexuality as being a genetic thing. I always say it's a result of our reactions to environment. Not so much that a guy was raised by his grandma, so he becomes very feminine. People react differently to different stimuli and eventually leads to the character that you have become. But let's get to the point.

Being genetic seems to be more of a fact of destiny. It is a way out, it gives you an excuse for being the way that you are. Let's say you are born asthmatic. You are automatically labeled as someone who will not succeed in sports, etc. But some of the happiest stories told are stories of people who have overcome the things that hold them down. Bounce back from cancer to win the Tour de France, well, you get the point.

Now, I'm not saying that being a homosexual is the thing that holds a homosexual person down, but something has affected that person to react in a certain manner, which may have led that person to homosexuality. Now, when someone says, "It's OK, you were born gay." Doesn't that seem to give a sense of hopelessness? As if your life is ruined because you were born gay.

Now, wouldn't it feel better to say, "I became gay because of the things that I chose to do in life and this is how I am now, and I'm proud of it dammit!" I think it does. Anyone get what I'm saying. Compare it to, I was born with one leg, but I took that prosthetic leg and I ran in the Boston Marathon.

Saying that you were born some way and that will make you feel better at night is such a cop-out. I look at it differently because I was faced with many challenges, and I have become the person that I am now, and I will take none of it back, no matter what the horrible things I have done earlier in life seem to be. It's what makes me me.

Now only if I can become gay, because the wife sure as hell never seems to want to give it up. But I can't seem to look at another hairy ass in such a way. Eww!

Can you possibly fucking imagine having sex with another man? I cannot. I can't see how someone would start straight and somehow become sexually attracted to a man. seems impossible unless you were born homosexual. Some species produce homosexual specimens, so I don't really see how it isn't genetic.

Both of the gay people I know were raised in strict religious families where they would be taught that such a thing would send you to hell. In fact, one of the people in question is worried about his soul. He has never had sex with anybody, but he thinks God will punish him anyway. That is messed up.

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=3651&hl=homosexual"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?show...1&hl=homosexual[/url]

uh oh

Guest steggyD
I don't get it either. I'm saying it's not a choice like what beer you want from the bar. It is developed over a long period of time. But making it a genetic thing almost seems like a cop-out.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='#22' date='Jun 4 2005, 11:50 PM']Can you possibly fucking imagine having sex with another man? I cannot. I can't see how someone would start straight and somehow become sexually attracted to a man. seems impossible unless you were born homosexual.
[right][post="99583"][/post][/right][/quote]

Damn. #22 made a post that has some sense behind it.

:D

Good call.

As you can see in the link you posted, those are my thoughts exactly.

Guest steggyD
In the sense that it be genetic, you could blame all sexuality on genetics. Sluts are born that way, etc. There is no control over your own body, don't worry about it, you were born that way.

NM, I give up on the human race... Since it gave up on itself.

Guest BengalBacker
I think there are people who are naturally attracted to both sexes. Those people do have a choice who they end up with. I don't.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='#22' date='Jun 5 2005, 12:50 AM']Can you possibly fucking imagine having sex with another man? I cannot. I can't see how someone would start straight and somehow become sexually attracted to a man. seems impossible unless you were born homosexual.[/quote]

Given the proclivity of homosexual relations in prison, you have to question genetics as the only influence on sexual orientation... Either that, or you have to believe that homosexuality is genetic, and that homosexuals are genetically programed to commit crimes. I'd tend to believe that it is both nature and nuture.

Guest steggyD

[quote name='#22' date='Jun 5 2005, 02:24 AM']No, its pretty easy to see that people have buttsex in prison because there is no vagina available.
[right][post="99621"][/post][/right][/quote]
Thus, being a result of environment. I win. :D

im with D on this one, homosexuality, heterosexuality, wanting to be whipped with a leather whip while wearing a red dress in heels, are all preferences, hitting it from behind or tossing it in the rear, all preferences, are yo trying to say its generic that i like getting my balls licked? you cant be serious. its all preference to what stimulates you, i was born to enjoy rap music? have you met my family? whether its sexual, or non-sexual its all a preference, and there is really no wrong or right, i am with #22 and BB that its repulsing to think about having sex with a man, its like scratching a chalk board with your nails, just aint right. but some people are repulsed by anal sex, the idea sickens them, same with oral, or a hot carl now and then. its all preference, so that whore online was born to get shit smeared on her lip?

just as some cant even stand the tune and are agrivated to a pissedd off point about hearing rap music, some are about being gay.

if being gay was genetic.. frnakly, there would be a DECLINING number of gay people, because the last time i checked, men cant have babies, and i women cant produce sperm, unless there is some secret cult of gay men donating thier gay sperm to lesbian couples to raised fields and fields of gay citizens to creep you out?

are you kidding me with this?

I like anal sex with women. Having it with men would be disgusting. The only chocolate popsicle that I offer is available only to girls who are big enough to admit that the anus is an errogenous zone....minus the chocolate creamsicle money-shot that is...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 5 2005, 01:35 AM']I like anal sex with women.  Having it with men would be disgusting.  The only chocolate popsicle that I offer is available only to girls who are big enough to admit that the anus is an errogenous zone....minus the chocolate creamsicle money-shot that is...
[right][post="99627"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ummmm....

too much information.....

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='#22' date='Jun 5 2005, 02:24 AM']No, its pretty easy to see that people have buttsex in prison because there is no vagina available.
[right][post="99621"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You didn't say that, though. What you said was that you could never imagine having sex with a man, that it had to be genetic. I'm just pointing out an extreme of how homosexual relations don't have to be genetic. Since we both agree that the prison scenario isn't genetics, perhaps we could agree that there might be less extreme social situations that might steer some men towards homosexuality.

Guest oldschooler
Your sexuality is built over time.
People aren`t "born" to love certain hair colors
or body types. They`re not "born" being a prude or
a slut...

I just think some people say "I`m born this way."
Because then you`re NOT supposed to be able
to disagree with it or think it is wrong...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jun 5 2005, 06:44 PM']Your sexuality is built over time.
People aren`t "born" to love certain hair colors
or body types. They`re not "born" being a prude or
a slut...
I just think some people say "I`m born this way."
Because then you`re NOT supposed to be able
to disagree with it or think it is wrong...
[right][post="99738"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

See I'm not arguing it from a standpoint of right or wrong. I'm arguing it based on what I think the truth is.

I could not choose to be gay. I've never seen a man that I thought was attractive. I've never fantasized about other men. I couldn't get a hard on to butt fuck a man if I was offered a million dollars. I'd be limp as a wet noodle.

Like I said before, there are people who are attracted to both sexes. Those people have a choice of who they fuck. I couldn't be gay if I wanted to.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jun 5 2005, 05:55 PM']See I'm not arguing it from a standpoint of right or wrong. I'm arguing it based on what I think the truth is.

I could not choose to be gay. I've never seen a man that I thought was attractive. I've never fantasized about other men. I couldn't get a hard on to butt fuck a man if I was offered a million dollars. I'd be limp as a wet noodle.

Like I said before, there are people who are attracted to both sexes. Those people have a choice of who they fuck. I couldn't be gay if I wanted to.
[right][post="99740"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I couldn`t be gay either. But I have seen my friends be with f`ugly women
that would make me as limp as a wet noodle too.

I have a Lesbian cousin that USED to think boys were cute/attractive.
90% of the lesbians I know have kids...they used to be with men.
To me it`s like saying you were born to like Beer and not Whiskey.
It`s a sexual PREFERENCE...You and I PREFER WOMEN and aren`t
attracted to men.
I just don`t believe that people are born gay...and never will.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jun 5 2005, 07:07 PM']I couldn`t be gay either. But I have seen my friends be with f`ugly women
that would make me as limp as a wet noodle too.
[right][post="99743"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Why couldn't you be gay, if it's simply a matter of choice?

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jun 5 2005, 07:07 PM']I have a Lesbian cousin that USED to think boys were cute/attractive.
90% of the lesbians I know have kids...they used to be with men.

Well, women don't have to be attracted to men to have sex with them. It's much easier for a gay woman to pretend to like men, than for a gay man to pretend to like women.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jun 5 2005, 07:07 PM']To me it`s like saying you were born to like Beer and not Whiskey.
It`s a sexual PREFERENCE...You and I PREFER WOMEN and aren`t
attracted to men.
I just don`t believe that people are born gay...and never will.

But I never decided to prefer women. I just do. I can remember when I was too young to even be in kindergarten, like 4 years old, had a crush on the girl next door. Made me feel tingly inside. Never had that kind of feeling about a boy.

What I have read/heard/seen:

The study that was first published to say that it was genetic was a study done by a gay doctor, that had little or no peer review prior to being published. I have yet to see a single study that conclusively showed it is genetic, and to the best of my knowledge, no one had done a twin study.

I have read studies that show there is something of an environmental contributor. It is very common, among men anyway, that the relationship between the father and son was bad, or non-existant. Then sometime during childhood, the child has some introduction to a homosexual act, or, has those doubts/curiosities, and are told "well, you might be gay, check it out".

And don't bring up the brain chemistry being different. That is true of people with sexual addictions as well.

Archived