Lito Sheppard & Donald Lee Trying Out

[url="http://twitter.com/#%21/joereedy"]joereedy[/url] Joe Reedy

Interesting day on the [url="http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23bengals"][s]#[/s][b]bengals[/b][/url] tryout list. Besides TE Donald Lee, CBs Lito Sheppard and Trevard Lindley were in

Reported an hour ago.

Thought this was interesting and couldn't find another thread to put it in...

I would love adding lito sheppard..i wanted him since he got let go, any thoughts?

Lito hasn't been good for a few years, IMO. He's bounced around some lately, and he's 30. He was never a physical guy, but he could cover well when he was an Eagle. Had a lot of speed, but he's lost some. If it were me, I'd rather take a young guy with tools that can be coached up like Lindley, if they think he's an upgrade over someone like Murray who's currently on the roster. That said, this CB search does make one wonder a bit about the health of Adam Jones and possibly Jennings, but I guess we'll know more about Jennngs' health tomorrow. Seemed like Wade did pretty well in the PS, but he doesn't seem to be getting another look.

Re: Donald Lee, he was a productive guy, and he brings a lot of smarts and experience to a very young TE group. He started a lot of games and while he was never a field stretcher, he did catch a number of TD passes from Favre. Pretty good blocker and red zone target. With Scaife out for the season, he'd be a good add.

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1315973558' post='1030831']
I understand they were just here for a look, but this worries me about Jennings injury that maybe it's worse than expected. I know Seahawks were happy to see him gone, but I think he will be great for us at nickel
[/quote]

Wow, what a stretch. Jennings is fine. He practiced last week. But even with him ready to go, we still need a 5th CB until Jones is ready to play. That's why they're looking at corners.

Archived