PBS and Cincy review

Well i went to my second game at PBS on sunday. Let me say It is a great stadium and experience! I've been to the meadowlands a few times for both jets and giants games (twice vs the Bengals) and the PBS experience is way better. Getting to the stadium is so easy and stress free where as getting to the meadowlands is a nightmare and getting out is HORRIBLE. PBS is clean and just a beautiful stadium. I didn't see any of the rude drunk jerks that i often hear about on this website. However, i did see some drunk girl face-plant walking down the stairs but that was just funny (she was ok but she probably felt it this morning). However, the graphic of the bengal ripping the Texans flag was super cheese and needs to go.

The city is beautiful! Really clean and a pleasure to take my girlfriend out to. The buildings were magnificent as well as the open public spaces. My only complaint is there was so much closed downtown on the weekend! it was crazy for us! In NY, everything is open all night. Traffic was a breeze and parking downtown was easy. Everything was cheap which was a plus too. I mean there were no tolls going over the bridges! the Whitestone bridge is like $7 each way! I used to have to take that to work everyday! (well for a month)

And its not just me. My girlfriend loved it too. Some of my friends did a Midwest, baseball stadium tour and said cincy was their favorite stop out of cleavland, pitt, St. louis, and chicago. My uncle's friend goes to Cincy once a year on vacation. My gf's aunt went there last week in for buisness and had nothing but nice things to say too.

I just wanted to post this to let you locals know how lucky you all are to live there. I often read posters here knocking the city, the stadium and the game day experience. Thats all crap. I've been all over this country on road trips. From NY to LA to Florida and the Carolinas. Cincy might be my favorite city and not just because i love the bengals.

Sidenote: On my first trip to PBS, i was only there for less than 24 hours. So i had no time to see the sites. Only saw my hotel room and PBS. It was the Monday night game vs the steelers last year. And I am now 0-4 at Bengals games and one of them was the 08 giants game where Carson got his arm fucked up...maybe i shouldn't go to anymore games...

I'd like to add my own experience here, if NYBengals doesn't mind...

This is my 2nd trip to this city, my first was 1991 and it was for about 2 hours. I got to accomplish a lot of what I wanted. Except for the game, that shit sucked.

I don't think I ran into any jerks, and people consider Texas to be a friendly place, but everyone was really nice to me. It WAS very clean, but I noticed that too, the place shuts down at night, even by Houston standards. I ended up at Cadillac Ranch a few times, got to try Gold Star, Montgomery Inn, Jeff Ruby's, Nicholson's Gastropub. Extreme bonus - I got to meet Alice Cooper on Sunday night. He was a nice guy.

My experience at PBS - we had amazing seats, it was club level. The club itself - stadium food is mostly alike, expensive as hell and not very good - but their credit card machine was down the first half. When you are only open 1 day every 2 weeks or so, how can you not get that fixed pronto? Most people don't carry cash anymore, so they probably lost some $ on that.

I did get to go to the Pro Shop, and also Koch's downtown. Again, everyone really friendly. Didn't get to Skyline, but I imagine it tastes similar (to me) as Gold Star.

The loss made my sick to my stomach, but I still like the city and the people. It was just really cool to talk football to people with the same interests as me for a change!

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1323796666' post='1074693']
Reading these posts makes me homesick. Every time I get back to Cincinnati to visit family, I don't want to leave.

Of course just about anyplace is better than Arkansas...
[/quote]

Dude, Arkansas is the worst place i've ever been. Especially East Arkansas, that place is the pits.

Archived