Ravens Week Notes

[size=6][b]Early Monday notes[/b][/size]

Posted 20 minutes ago

Geoff Hobson Editor Bengals.com

BALTIMORE _ Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green and quarterback Andy Dalton joined ESPN analyst Jon Gruden on his bus Sunday to talk football and ESPN plans to air the segment after 6:30 p.m. in preparation for Monday's 7 p.m. opener against the Ravens on ESPN and Cincinnati's Channel 12.

It is Green's first appearance in M&T Bank Stadium after he missed last season's 31-24 loss in which Dalton threw for a career-high 373 yards on a career-high 45 passes….

Indications from last week's injury list point to as these guys as some of the seven on the Bengals' inactive list, announced at 5:30 p.m.: Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (leg), running back Bernard Scott (hand), left end Carlos Dunlap (knee). They also figure to have two of their seven wide receivers out, with Ryan Whalen the leading candidate...

There are 13 Bengals on the active roster left from their last win in Balltimore in 2009. Since that day, Oct. 11, 2009, the Ravens have lost only twice at home...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Early-Monday-notes/ca5eb01c-81ce-4266-b213-7be78b651084

I'm gonna guess Kirkpatrick, Whalen, Sanu, Scott, Iloka and Burfict.

Probably Dunlap as the 7th, but if somehow he gets to play, Thompson will be the guy he replaces.

People may disagree on Burfict, but they rarely keep 7 backers active and vincent rey is more seasoned on special teams, with Skuta able to back up MLB if there's an injury.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1347308357' post='1155844']

Probably Dunlap as the 7th, but if somehow he gets to play, Thompson will be the guy he replaces.

People may disagree on Burfict, but they rarely keep 7 backers active and vincent rey is more seasoned on special teams, with Skuta able to back up MLB if there's an injury.
[/quote]

scratch that, forgot about the 4th TE. They'll sit in favor of Burfict, Thompson or Dunlap (2 of those 3 will dress).

[quote name='BlackBengal' timestamp='1347310976' post='1155865']
Marvin's team has played the Ravens 18 times. I'm guessing that the Bengals were the underdogs in abut 17 of those games, maybe all 18. Marvin's record is 10-8 in those games.
[/quote]

Very good point.

[quote name='BlackBengal' timestamp='1347310976' post='1155865']
Marvin's team has played the Ravens 18 times. I'm guessing that the Bengals were the underdogs in abut 17 of those games, maybe all 18. Marvin's record is 10-8 in those games.
[/quote]

Gold Star!

I'm totally on the optimism express tonight. It's half full!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1347308357' post='1155844']

[/quote]

Unless I'm missing something, there are currently only 6 LBs on the 53 man roster. There are only 24 defensive players total on the roster...will guess when Moch comes off of suspension a WR gets cut to make it a 25-25 offensive/defensive even split. Marvin Lewis says special teams were the main reason Burfict made the team, so you have to believe all 6 LBs will be active.

[quote name='dex' timestamp='1347314198' post='1155890']
[b]Unless I'm missing something, there are currently only 6 LBs on the 53 man roster. [/b]There are only 24 defensive players total on the roster...will guess when Moch comes off of suspension a WR gets cut to make it a 25-25 offensive/defensive even split. Marvin Lewis says special teams were the main reason Burfict made the team, so you have to believe all 6 LBs will be active.
[/quote]

:doh: you're right. Still coming to grips with them keeping a 7th WR over a 7th LB, lol.

Archived