Debates

MichaelWeston

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1350502173' post='1171687']
It means your a fucking ASSHOLE, that's what it means. Hopefully, that's short enough for your mind to comprehend!
[/quote]

calm down man i really think your out of line here, rick is a good dude, he's just got his heels dug in the ground on the ideal that conservitives these days continue to pound on, that they believe government cant do anything right, so he, at least it seems to me, forms his opinions from that starting point rather than allowing history and data to form his viewpoint.

and lets be honest the infighting in washington isnt helping anyone change their viewpoint on that

[quote name='bengalrick' timestamp='1350502043' post='1171683']
what the hell are you talking about? I'm an excuse? I stopped reading there.

Edit: If Romney comes into office and decides to crush Obamacare, privatize social security, and create vouchers for education, would you want the dem's to filibuster?
[/quote]

Don't worry, you should do a screen shot and save it to your computer. You just received a badge of honor where Kenneth calls you an asshole and has a huge rant about things that have no value, because well, it's coming from him.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1350502010' post='1171680']
I'm not I've said very clearly I dont care for Obamacare it isnt a public option. Obama should have fought for that, not take his cue from the Heritage foundation who basicly wrote this pilicy. That's not deniable, no matter how much folks may want to deny it and call Obamacare far left..... it's not.
[/quote]

Where did the term Obamacare come from then? I know I sure wouldn't put me name on a policy that no one wants. Jamie you already know that would be the same for you. If Obamacare isn't a Democratic move, then how did it pass through Congress? If not for the Supreme Court being a hodgepodge of backers, it would be already enacted. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it is raining!

:pissing:

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350502700' post='1171694']
Don't worry, you should do a screen shot and save it to your computer. You just received a badge of honor where Kenneth calls you an asshole and has a huge rant about things that have no value, because well, it's coming from him.

Where did the term Obamacare come from then? I know I sure wouldn't put me name on a policy that no one wants. Jamie you already know that would be the same for you. If Obamacare isn't a Democratic move, then how did it pass through Congress? If not for the Supreme Court being a hodgepodge of backers, it would be already enacted. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it is raining!

:pissing:
[/quote]

Because the entire political landscape has moved to the right, democrats have become republicans and republicans have become fascist (Romney) and anarchists (Ryan) in terms of policy.

deleted my comment to whoever the hell thinks I'm an asshole. I don't really care but nonetheless we should all be able to express our opinions without it turning into a shitfest... If anyone saw my reply, please delete it from your memory :)

No comment to the [s]asshole[/s] person that said that to me...

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1350502594' post='1171692']
calm down man i really think your out of line here, rick is a good dude, he's just got his heels dug in the ground on the ideal that conservitives these days continue to pound on, that they believe government cant do anything right, so he, at least it seems to me, forms his opinions from that starting point rather than allowing history and data to form his viewpoint.

and lets be honest the infighting in washington isnt helping anyone change their viewpoint on that
[/quote]

Thanks Jamie.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1350502891' post='1171697']
Because the entire political landscape has moved to the right, democrats have become republicans and republicans have become fascist (Romney) and anarchists (Ryan) in terms of policy.
[/quote]

That could be the most loosely interrupted version of Anarchist I have seen. You can make an argument all you want, but how can Romney be considered a fascist when some of his policies and ideas are giving more power back to the states and downsizing the federal government?

I always though liberals were the ones that wanted less power for the government and more of a hands off approach to states rights.

So how can that make sense?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350503779' post='1171709']
That could be the most loosely interrupted version of Anarchist I have seen. You can make an argument all you want, but how can Romney be considered a fascist when some of his policies and ideas are giving more power back to the states and downsizing the federal government?

I always though liberals were the ones that wanted less power for the government and more of a hands off approach to states rights.

So how can that make sense?
[/quote]

I'm a Hamilton/Lincoln federalist type. ;)

I think there is a critical part of this election season is, why is Romney's wife not a hottie? I mean damn, he is a rich guy that has a power position. It's been wildly reported that some people skew their vote depending on the look of the candidates and their wives.

:ninja:

He is mormon. The ability to have a litter of kids in magic underwear is more important.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350509058' post='1171751']
I think there is a critical part of this election season is, why is Romney's wife not a hottie? I mean damn, he is a rich guy that has a power position. It's been wildly reported that some people skew their vote depending on the look of the candidates and their wives.

:ninja:
[/quote]

I disagree with you on some things, but you have not made the asshole list yet. You are on the , "possible up and coming assholes" list though.... So be careful

[quote name='bengalrick' timestamp='1350503225' post='1171702']
deleted my comment to whoever the hell thinks I'm an asshole. I don't really care but nonetheless we should all be able to express our opinions without it turning into a shitfest... If anyone saw my reply, please delete it from your memory :)

No comment to the [s]asshole[/s] person that said that to me...

Thanks Jamie.
[/quote]

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350516662' post='1171791']
Lewdog, do you have a job? I would like to know your background.
[/quote]

Well you should already some of it, I had a thread where I talked about having some serious medical problems. I'll tell you a few things but I'm not going to tell you everything. I was born in Hamilton and raised partly in Franklin, Ohio, before moving to Springboro, Ohio, where I gradated from. I had a full ride scholarship to The Ohio State University. I was there studying journalism. After a year and a half at OSU, I was forced to move back home because my grandfather had passed away and my grandmother had no one around to help her. I started attending Sinclair C.C. because they had a program with the Department of Corrections in Ohio. I then worked 5 years for the DoC, of which 3 and half years was with the SRT team. SRT is basically the prison SWAT team. I continued to take classes while working there. I also began playing golf 3 or more times a week, and started working with a coach. Eventually I got down to a scratch golfer. My grandmother suffered a very bad stroke, and I left working at the prison to start my own business so I could take care of my grandmother. Needless to say, my business didn't work out, and my grandmother moved to Florida. That was probably the best thing for her at the time. I then signed up at 28 years of age to go to the Marines. I actually had to get an age waiver in order to do it. I figured I would then be able to finish my college after serving my time. I took the ASVAB test and got a perfect score of 99%. My recruiter asked if I would be interested in some of the very hard Mos'. I was all for it. He had me take the Language test. I was hesitant to do it, because I only do 3 quarters of French in high school, and 2 quarters of Latin at OSU. Well I took the test and passed. I chose Cryptological Linguist as my MoS because they train in Monterrey, California. Pebble Beach is right there near the Government language school. I thought it would be perfect. I filed bankruptcy because of my business and left for boot camp. I was there for 8 weeks before I became horribly sick. After 3 weeks of coughing up blood and puking my guts out multiple times per day, the Navy Lieutenant, and Base Medical Clinic sent me for a scan on my lungs. He then pulled me privately into his office to apologize to me that it had taken so long, and they saw all the times I had to come for IVs. He said I had pneumonia that whole time, and because of that, they were going to put me in the Examination and Medical Platoon. They were going to see how I recovered and let me know what they were going to do. Well after a few weeks in EHP the doctor told me that I must have had some kind of preexisting condition and that I was going to be sent home. The Marines didn't feel comfortable enough in my condition to risk me getting worse and them having to write me a check for the rest of my life. They told me to go home and get cleared by a doctor, and they might except me back, but with my age it was unlikely.

I returned home and got a job in retail. I started going to Miami of Middletown and worked my way up into management. After my first Semester at MuM my father died, and I got into a car accident that screwed up my back. I had to drop out of MuM in my second semester because the amount of classes I missed put me too far behind. I worked at a few other retail jobs and management jobs, before I was asked by my mother and her husband to come to KY and help them out. My stepfather has cancer. Unfortunately we had a falling out because they are pill snorters, and that isn't my lifestyle. I now live in Southern Kentucky, and this is will I be until my health issues get resolved. I have made several contacts through my journeys, and hope to make more in the future.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350519350' post='1171800']
tl;dr

You know a lot of stuff, I was just wondering what your thing is. I guess you're a military guy. Cool.
[/quote]

I did get invited to try out for Jeopardy one year in Cincinnati. I never made the show though. I've always been a person that likes to be well rounded. It made it hard in school though. Having friends that are jocks and like to play and watch sports, and having friends that argue about politics and doing 'nerdy' stuff is hard.

One cool thing about OSU was I got to play basketball with Ricky Dudley a few times at Jesse Owens rec center. He used that as a way to keep in shape if he decided to join the basketball team after football season was over.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1350517633' post='1171793']
I disagree with you on some things, but you have not made the asshole list yet. You are on the , "possible up and coming assholes" list though.... So be careful
[/quote]

lol I guess I'm pretty cool until I'm not... Then I'm definitely an asshole.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350520433' post='1171811']
Oh I'm confused, I though Ben was talking about Kenneth, not you.
[/quote]

Pretty sure he meant me. Although I guess I am sort of confused because I've talked to Ben for years on here, minus the last few... But he replied to my comment so I take that as talking to me. All fun and games anyway, right?

[quote name='bengalrick' timestamp='1350526385' post='1171841']
Pretty sure he meant me. Although I guess I am sort of confused because I've talked to Ben for years on here, minus the last few... But he replied to my comment so I take that as talking to me. All fun and games anyway, right?
[/quote]

We could all just be assholes and make the term stick no matter where it lands.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1350496423' post='1171631']
Point taken, though as a matter of personal philosophy I tend to side with lower taxes for capital gains, investment, etc. Ultimately there is an equilibrium point of taxation that produces maximum revenue (Reaganomics idea), and whether that's higher or lower is up to the actuaries to figure out. That should be the driving force behind setting a tax percentage for any sort of income.
[/quote]

You're referring to the Laffer Curve. And it was an essential part of what came to be known as Reaganomics. It's also known as Supply-Side economics.

Myself, not much of a fan and while I like and admired the late Jude Wanniski (especially when he took a strong anti-war stance against the Iraq war) I've never thought much of Robert Bartley. Disclaimer: An acquaintance of mine once worked for Wanniski.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1350566856' post='1171914']
You're referring to the [color=#ff0000]Laffer Curve[/color]. And it was an essential part of what came to be known as Reaganomics. It's also known as Supply-Side economics.

Myself, not much of a fan and while I like and admired the late Jude Wanniski (especially when he took a strong anti-war stance against the Iraq war) I've never thought much of Robert Bartley. Disclaimer: An acquaintance of mine once worked for Wanniski.
[/quote]

Not to be confused with the Laughter Curve?

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nAb8pP3KYzc/SxP7FQUNZLI/AAAAAAAAAHI/5PhyYdjuUyg/s1600/WineandReagan.jpg[/img]

Archived