Question on Direct TV

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 5 2005, 10:12 AM']How the Hell do I make the Tivo stop recording random shit I didn't tell it to record?
[right][post="110641"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I think there is an option called "TiVo suggestions" or something like that. Take that off in the settings menu.

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 5 2005, 10:36 PM']ty! annoying option, if you ask me. the damn thing kept recording total crap.
[right][post="110761"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thats what the fuck mine was doing!

I blamed my son for recording stupid shit! I guess I have to aplogize

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Storm' date='Jul 5 2005, 07:54 PM']Thats what the fuck mine was doing!

I blamed my son for recording stupid shit!  I guess I have to aplogize
[right][post="110795"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hahahaha [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest The Carson Show
CANT WAIT 8 more hrs till directtv is installed
WHOOOO [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

Guest The Carson Show
a few things that pissed me off about directtv
1. when the guy came to install it he told me i have to have a land line to use the tivo..no one ever told me that on the phone...he didnt know if it would work with broadband phone...i had to figure it out myself which it did work
2. i cant have my phone and tivo going at same time....unless do u guys think it would work if i got a splitter and had one for phone and one for tivo

Go to the options menu (hit the directv button at the top of your remote). I think it's under the recording options. I removed the suggestions feature pretty easilly. Also, refer to the thick book you should have gotten with the system.

It kept on suggesting "The Parkers" and many shows on Showtime. The Parkers sucks, and I don't have showtime. GREAT FEATURE <_<

Guest The Carson Show
been playing around with the tivo and its kind of awkward
time warners DVR was much smoother and easier to use

Guest BengalsOwn
I agree Time Warners was much more user friendly. I just got my directv tivo working today, I had to wait to have my phones turned on.

I LOVE the Wishlist option! I have the DVR set up to record anything pertaining to the Bengals or Ohio State football. Now, when I leave on my honeymoon, I don't haver to worry about not knowing what channel the Bengals or Buckeyes games will be on. TiVo will find them!

Guest BengalsOwn
Wishlist huh, I'll have to check that out.

The thing that pissed me off was the fact that you have to have 2 cable lines for the TIVO. My house is brand new, and I had been living there for 12 hours when I had directv installed. The installer fucked up my paint in my closet trying to get to the attic to install the second cable line, only to tell me that he couldn't do it from the attic (even though I knew the lines were up there, but he didn't listen to me). So instead I had to have a cable ran all the way across my three car garage along the bottom of the wall, and then ran through a hole in the wall under my stair way.

[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Jul 6 2005, 03:20 PM']a few things that pissed me off about directtv
1.  when the guy came to install it  he told me i have to have a land line to use the tivo..no one ever told me that on the phone...he didnt know if it would work with broadband phone...i had to figure it out myself which it did work
2.  i cant have my phone and tivo going at same time....unless do u guys think it would work if i got a splitter and had one for phone and one for tivo
[right][post="111174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Mines isn't like that. You can have tivo going and have the phone going at the same time. And I had time warner dvr before and it was not "user friendly" to me at all. There was a three second delay everytime you paused and unpaused something and tivo is 10 times better and way smoother. And the menus for it look a hell of a lot bettter. time warners was so ugly lookin.

I got a sweet TV today to watch the games ([url="http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=119332&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&ct=0&BV_SessionID=@@@@1594764262.1121045918@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddfedggkgmcfngcfkmdffhdffo.0"]37' LCD[/url]) Im going to be making the switch from cable to DirectTV this week.

For sunday ticket, is the Superfan thing worth ordering?

Also it says that all the channels are digital quality, so why do they have this DirectTVHD, what's the difference?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 10 2005, 09:48 PM']I got a sweet TV today to watch the games ([url="http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=119332&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&ct=0&BV_SessionID=@@@@1594764262.1121045918@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddfedggkgmcfngcfkmdffhdffo.0"]37' LCD[/url]) Im going to be making the switch from cable to DirectTV this week.

Also it says that all the channels are digital quality, so why do they have this DirectTVHD, what's the difference?
[right][post="112991"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

All the channels are digital quality, but HD is like super digital quality. It doesnt matter if you dont get HD. The picture is still way better than cable. I have sunday ticket but don't have superfan. but it definately looks worth it to me. You get every game replayed after the games are over and they take out all the commercials and between play stuff so it only takes like a half hour to watch a game. and you get this channel that shows live highlights throughout the games and a channel where you can watch like 6 games at once. I love football so the extra 99 bucks seems worth it to me

How much do you guys pay for DirecTV? I would want just the basic shit but need NFL network which I think is standard anyways. Also, I have a HD ready TV, do I need to get the HD Tier also? Thanks for your help guys!

I have Time Warner now and NEED NFL Network; thus the potential changeover.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 10 2005, 11:18 PM']I got a sweet TV today to watch the games ([url="http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=119332&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&ct=0&BV_SessionID=@@@@1594764262.1121045918@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddfedggkgmcfngcfkmdffhdffo.0"]37' LCD[/url]) Im going to be making the switch from cable to DirectTV this week.

[right][post="112991"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sweet TV Jamie, Here's the one I just bought...[url="http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions/product.asp?model=57h94"]MY TV[/url]

I will do the LCD thing in about 3 years, I wanted a HUGE screen and LCD at 57" is too much for me now.

Guest The Carson Show
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 11 2005, 08:47 PM']Do they show preseason games on Sunday Ticket?
[right][post="113295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
just having the nfl network they will show 55 preseason games in 25 days

[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Jul 12 2005, 04:38 AM']what does the WINDOW button do
i push it and nothing happens
[right][post="113437"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ditto. If I ever figure it out, or decide I am curious enough to look it up in the manual (if I can find it) I'll post.

Archived