Bachman Leaving

Jamie_B

• 2 weeks later...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/07/bachmann-2016-is-not-off-the-table/?hpt=hp_t2

CNN) – Rep. Michele Bachmann, who announced last week she won't seek re-election next year, says she may run for elected office again one day and is not ruling out another presidential bid.

But the Minnesota Republican said her future career in politics is not her top priority at the moment.

"I'm not retiring, I'm not going silent, I'm not quitting my public involvement," she said late Thursday night on Fox News' "Hannity." "In fact I may run for another public office.

That could happen. But for right now I'm going to find a different perch in order to be able to weigh in on these matters."

While she said she didn't have a specific plan as of now, she is "wide open and looking."

Discussing her reason for leaving Congress, the fourth term representative said she will have served about the same amount of time as a president would serve–eight years. "And I do think that this is a body that needs to have continual turnover."

Bachmann ticked off a list of what she considers her accomplishments on Capitol Hill and in the tea party movement. Asked about a potential 2016 bid for the White House, Bachmann said "I'm not taking anything off of the table."

Archived