Newhouse brings more flexibility to O-Line

Collins was NOT our starting LT, he was a backup who was brought in due to injuries to Zeitler then Clint Boling.  Would have sat the bench if both were healthy.  Whit was moved to LG to help with our anemic run game once Boling went down AND Zeitler was still out. 

Basically, Whit at guard and Collins at Tackle was a better tandem than Whit at tackle and Collins at guard and it was all predicated on Whit's ability to pull at guard and support the run.

Why did they reportedly offer him comparable money to what he was paid in Tampa then?

Why did they reportedly offer him comparable money to what he was paid in Tampa then?

I think 'technically' the ones who say that AC was not a starter are correct, as he came in off the bench to play at LT......but I also think that Bengals offering him what they did, put AC as the starting LT if he would have accepted the Bengals' offer vs Tampa's. 

So both sides are correct....technically he wasn't the starter, but had he signed the contract, he certainly would have been the starting LT. 

I think 'technically' the ones who say that AC was not a starter are correct, as he came in off the bench to play at LT......but I also think that Bengals offering him what they did, put AC as the starting LT if he would have accepted the Bengals' offer vs Tampa's. 

So both sides are correct....technically he wasn't the starter, but had he signed the contract, he certainly would have been the starting LT. 

Both sides are correct??? That can't happen here! Haha

Archived