Andy Dalton is Superman

Alex and Andy are about the same

Alex Smith has only had 1 Season where he has thrown more than 20 TD passes (23)

Dalton has never had a Season where he threw less than 20 TD passes.

Alex Smith has only 1 Season where he has thrown for more than 3,300 yards. (3,313)

Dalton has never had a Season where he has thrown less than 3,398 yards. 

Alex Smith has 6 career rushing TDs.

Dalton has 9. 

Smith is in his 10th year. Dalton is in his 4th. 

Alex Smith has only had 1 Season where he has thrown more than 20 TD passes (23)

Dalton has never had a Season where he threw less than 20 TD passes.

Alex Smith has only 1 Season where he has thrown for more than 3,300 yards. (3,313)

Dalton has never had a Season where he has thrown less than 3,398 yards. 

Alex Smith has 6 career rushing TDs.

Dalton has 9. 

Smith is in his 10th year. Dalton is in his 4th. 

Come on Old... quit making sense

I swear some of you guys don't watch any football except the Bengals. Smith is at best a lateral move from Dalton. I can't stand to watch the guy.. He doesn't throw interceptions because he doesn't take any risks, ever.

Smith did pretty damn good in the playoffs last year against Indy.  He was 30 - 46 for 378 yards, threw for 4 TD's, rushed for 57 yards, and had ZERO interceptions. His Passer Rating was 120.

In his other 2 playoff games in 2011 with SF, he was:

24 - 42 for 299 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, 28 yards rushing, Passer Rating: 103

12 - 26 for  96 yards, 2 TD's 0 INT's, 42 yards rushing, Passer Rating:  98

If Opie had come close to those numbers in ANY of his 3 playoff games, I'm pretty certain we would have won.

If Opie had come close to those numbers in ANY of his 3 playoff games, I'm pretty certain we would have won.

Probably so, yeah.  Like how if Gresham or Green hadn't dropped balls, Gio hadn't fumbled, the defense hadn't surrendered 200 yards rushing..  Shit, let's replace all of them with mediocre players who were statistically average in a few games - that will translate to overall success, right?  Superbowl bound!

#2 seed up for grabs and we're talking about Alex Smith & RG3.  WTF is wrong with people? Get a grip, folks.

Probably so, yeah.  Like how if Gresham or Green hadn't dropped balls, Gio hadn't fumbled, the defense hadn't surrendered 200 yards rushing..  Shit, let's replace all of them with mediocre players who were statistically average in a few games - that will translate to overall success, right?  Superbowl bound!

#2 seed up for grabs and we're talking about Alex Smith & RG3.  WTF is wrong with people? Get a grip, folks.

The big difference is that Gresham, Green, Gio, etc. don't have the ball every offensive play...Opie does...and he choked 3 times in the playoffs.

I hope he's over it, but the best predictor of future performance is past performance.  If he plays well under the lights on Monday Night Football against the Broncos, it would help give him, his team, and the fans hope that his next playoff game will be different. 

Unlike some people here, I still have hope he will be successful.  Nothing would make me happier than to see Andy getting the MVP trip to Disneyworld after winning the Superbowl.

The big difference is that Gresham, Green, Gio, etc. don't have the ball every offensive play...Opie does...and he choked 3 times in the playoffs.

I hope he's over it, but the best predictor of future performance is past performance.  If he plays well under the lights on Monday Night Football against the Broncos, it would help give him, his team, and the fans hope that his next playoff game will be different. 

Unlike some people here, I still have hope he will be successful.  Nothing would make me happier than to see Andy getting the MVP trip to Disneyworld after winning the Superbowl.

Fair enough, but I feel like we're skipping a few steps between "Hasn't won a playoff game yet" and "sign Alex Smith/RG3/Boxcar Willie".

Fair enough, but I feel like we're skipping a few steps between "Hasn't won a playoff game yet" and "sign Alex Smith/RG3/Boxcar Willie".

Boxcar Willie is extremely underrated by the fans.....

6 days on the road and I'm a gonna make a home tonight........classic!  Boxcar Willie has pimp-ish qualities.  

Archived