The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - NOLA Saints

Scharm voice of reason!

No one is making excuses because there is nothing to make excuses for we are a first place team. Nothing wrong with saying without a few big injuries we would likely be even better though.

Of the 3 losses we have all three have been blowouts. I'm sorry but there is nothing someone is going to say that will convince me that if we only had Marvin Jones and Tyler Effiert in those games it would have been better. We may have not had such close wins in the games we have won but not played as well as we could in but in our 3 blowout losses I'm not convinced they would have made the difference.

Of the 3 losses we have all three have been blowouts. I'm sorry but there is nothing someone is going to say that will convince me that if we only had Marvin Jones and Tyler Effiert in those games it would have been better. We may have not had such close wins in the games we have won but not played as well as we could in but in our 3 blowout losses I'm not convinced they would have made the difference.

Through 10 they have better record vs. last year.   Are in 1st place.    Given that Denver is on schedule they control destiny all the way up to the No. 2 seed.

We still talking about our losses?  Come on.     They passed through the 10 game gate and it's on the next 6 weeks.  

Crazy me thinks if we ever get back some the injured guys our team probably gets better. 

Through 10 they have better record vs. last year.   Are in 1st place.    Given that Denver is on schedule they control destiny all the way up to the No. 2 seed.

We still talking about our losses?  Come on.     They passed through the 10 game gate and it's on the next 6 weeks.  

Crazy me thinks if we ever get back some the injured guys our team probably gets better. 

We arent getting Marvin Jones back (this year) and I'll be surpsied if we get Eiffert back.

Eifert was drafted because we knew what we had in Gresham.

Eifert was drafted because the team wanted weapons for Andy, and Eifert was by far the best weapon available on the board. You can call it a bad pick due to injury or whatever in retrospect, but you can't use that logic to criticize the decision making.

Eifert was drafted because the team wanted weapons for Andy, and Eifert was by far the best weapon available on the board. You can call it a bad pick due to injury or whatever in retrospect, but you can't use that logic to criticize the decision making.

True, but I'm not criticizing the decision making.

I support it.

Extrapolate those numbers over a 10 yr career and he's the best TE in the history of the NFL.   That's what this offense is missing....and could have potentially had.....the best TE ever to play in the NFL, based on his 1st qtr numbers....if not for that damn elbow injury.  Slow as shit to heal elbow injury.  

I am sure Hue was going to put him to use but think about it for a second.

We had AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Gresham, Gio and Eifert.   Just how much use can you actually get out of him.

It isn't like he is Gronkowski or Jimmy Grahm on a team with average WRs.   The first option will always be AJ Green, he is a top 10 NFL talent.  The second option would most likely be Jones if he were healthy.  He is a top notch #2 receiver, one of the best in the league.    Just don't see the reason to use a first round pick on a guy who, when the team is healthy, is maybe the #3 option on almost every pass play and in fact may be the #4 option behind Gio or Hill.  Good decoy though.

The answer to your question is in your post, Green, Jones, Gio all out at one time...would be nice to have a guy like Eifert playing with Gresh then.

Archived