Mike Brown Has Spoken...

Very interesting article. I know it isn't a popular opinion but unlike MB and I hope he gets to taste a postseason victory run before his time.

He is a rare bread in NFL owners. Most owners just treat it like an investment. He treats it like it is his passion. We are fortunate to have an owner that cares so much about his team and it's operations

Very eye opening about the talk regarding the firing of his Dad. This is multiple times this year we have been given insight into this. I find it amazing how much that impacted their lives.

Regardless of your opinion. Mr. Brown is a humble, respectful and honorable man.

Who Dey!

Very interesting article. I know it isn't a popular opinion but unlike MB and I hope he gets to taste a postseason victory run before his time.

He is a rare bread in NFL owners. Most owners just treat it like an investment. He treats it like it is his passion. We are fortunate to have an owner that cares so much about his team and it's operations

Very eye opening about the talk regarding the firing of his Dad. This is multiple times this year we have been given insight into this. I find it amazing how much that impacted their lives.

Regardless of your opinion. Mr. Brown is a humble, respectful and honorable man.

Who Dey!

The guy is moving into retirement, ...Katy would be a more interesting interview.

I'm sure if Katy wanted to get rid of Marvin, ...Mike would rubber stamp it.

God he seems like a miserable old man.  Who the hell hates Maui?  

Yes and no. It seems like he is really happy doing the everyday stuff and just doesn't like getting out of his routine. 

If I owned an NFL franchise, I'd probably enjoy getting up and going to work in the morning too.

I love Mike Brown, but how can you not have a good time on Maui? 

I mean c'mon, Mike. Reading books about medieval civilization or the Peloponnesian war has a certain appeal, but there's nothing quite as good in life as skinny dipping with the hairy little hippie girls at Little Beach or joining them in the naked drum circle as the sun sets.

I will say too that I totally understand what he is saying about firing coaches being a bigger deal than it seems to fans.

My friend's dad was head coach at a BCS program that had a lot of success historically. He took it over after it had been down for a few years and just couldn't turn it around (it actually got worse). People in the town were merciless in calling for his head and wanting him fired and then it actually happened. It was just a depressing situation for the whole family. And he was at the football facilities working 70+ hour weeks trying to get things fixed, so it's not like he wasn't trying his ass off. 

Since then, I've always been less willing to participate in the whole "fire him!, fire everybody!" stuff that goes on whenever a team I follow loses. 

I love Mike Brown, but how can you not have a good time on Maui? 

I mean c'mon, Mike. Reading books about medieval civilization or the Peloponnesian war has a certain appeal, but there's nothing quite as good in life as skinny dipping with the hairy little hippie girls at Little Beach or joining them in the naked drum circle as the sun sets.

Naked drum circle? Damn, I need to get to Maui.

Off topic but when I was a kid the first really good "late night" movie I ever saw was "Blame it on Maui" while sleeping over at a friend's house in 6th grade or so. So many great topless scenes in it. And now that I think about it, there may have been a naked drum circle scene...

Naked drum circle? Damn, I need to get to Maui.

Yes you do.

BTW, skinny dipping obviously doesn't require you bring anything with you, but if you plan on watching the sun go down with a couple hundred naked strangers, all of whom are jumping up and down like a bunch of crazed Zulu tribesman, don't forget to bring your bongo drums.

I will say too that I totally understand what he is saying about firing coaches being a bigger deal than it seems to fans.

My friend's dad was head coach at a BCS program that had a lot of success historically. He took it over after it had been down for a few years and just couldn't turn it around (it actually got worse). People in the town were merciless in calling for his head and wanting him fired and then it actually happened. It was just a depressing situation for the whole family. And he was at the football facilities working 70+ hour weeks trying to get things fixed, so it's not like he wasn't trying his ass off. 

Since then, I've always been less willing to participate in the whole "fire him!, fire everybody!" stuff that goes on whenever a team I follow loses. 

Eh, while it sucks they make a shit ton of money compared to the average man- and virtually ALWAYS have a job in coaching afterwards , even if they have to take a step down to coordinator or position coach. The world doesn't end like it does for many people who are fired.

But there is a point where a coach has done everything he can and the team still isn't getting close to the promise land- and then a change should be required

Archived