Malcolm Brown DT Texas

there are certainly worse picks we could make. this is a weird draft, especially given the positions that are key to us obtaining (minus free agency acquisitions). ideally, we'd be best suited to take a DT later in the draft, where we can get a better value out of the pick with this stocked DT class. taking one early (brown) would slot a later pick in a position group that quite likely wouldn't be as deep as this year's DT class.

with all that said, i really like malcolm brown and have been excited about him since the moment he declared. i have no doubt he'd be a great 1st round pick for us.

Yeah I like Brown also.  The kid from Oklahoma is intriguing too!  Jordan Phillips.  

If he (Phillips) has a good combine, I expect his draft status to soar.  He's certainly

got the measurables.  6' 6"  334 lbs.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jordan-phillips?id=2552492

He'd be a pretty nice fit next to Geno!!

Weaknesses - Not effective as pass rusher. Stalls out early and settles for looking to bat down passes. Doesn't crank up a consistent bull rush. Consistency of motor could be improved.  Could be coached up!

Strengths - This one is scary!!   Should be able to carry additional muscle and girth.

Hell, he's already 6' 6" 334 lbs!  lol

Love Brown. Definitely near the top of my wish list for the first round.

The Oklahoma guy is intriguing, but he has some pretty serious injury issues (bad back caused him to miss a season). Would probably fit in the category of "boom/bust" and we haven't had the greatest of luck with those.

Archived