My Mock first go 4-9-2015

He's also been a mentee of Ray Lewis' since he was 5 years old (Ray is his uncle) so you know Marvin knows very well about him.

And he's a team captain and we love those.

Take him in the first, I would rather have him then the 5th best offensive lineman. This team needs impact players, guys who can make big plays in critical situations and Jarrett seems to fit the bill. 

Take him in the first, I would rather have him then the 5th best offensive lineman. This team needs impact players, guys who can make big plays in critical situations and Jarrett seems to fit the bill. 

I agree.  What I've seen of Jarrett, he's Geno v2.0.   If an OLineman you don't really like is there, draft Jarrett.  IF Geno never returns to pre injury form, you have a pre injury Geno type player waiting.....at 1/10 the cost.  

Also, and I'm just thinking of this, nothing like taking a guy who says is version 2.0 of you to get you motivated. 

The team has promised us that Geno will return back to form, but I can help but remember Adam Jones getting in his ear in the playoff game, which leads me to think there may have been whispers around the joint about his effort.

Geno's momma told him to "go and get the money," on the field (the qb). Maybe fear of having that money taken away will have doubly good consequences. 

It's the reason I've always advocated the Giants philosophy of drafting to your strengths. Keep your fierce units fierce.

Also, and I'm just thinking of this, nothing like taking a guy who says is version 2.0 of you to get you motivated. 

The team has promised us that Geno will return back to form, but I can help but remember Adam Jones getting in his ear in the playoff game, which leads me to think there may have been whispers around the joint about his effort.

Geno's momma told him to "go and get the money," on the field (the qb). Maybe fear of having that money taken away will have doubly good consequences. 

It's the reason I've always advocated the Giants philosophy of drafting to your strengths. Keep your fierce units fierce.

one of the most impressive things about grady, and a part that doesn't get enough consideration, is he put on damned near 20 lbs before the combine from his college playing weight of 285. it didn't appear to bother him or affect his speed and agility one bit, at least not from what i could tell. he looked excellent in his drills despite that significant weight gain. i think his forte is his leverage...how low to the ground he comes at you. tackles and guards just keep getting bigger and bigger every year, it seems. that's not only in weight, but also in height. guys like geno, donald, and jarrett come at you like a bowling ball, and those tall offensive linemen have a leverage disadvantage with players like that. grady's also helped by the fact that he's a former wrestler, and it's no doubt that's made him a better player in leveraging his opponents. really, really love this player.

one of the most impressive things about grady, and a part that doesn't get enough consideration, is he put on damned near 20 lbs before the combine from his college playing weight of 285. it didn't appear to bother him or affect his speed and agility one bit, at least not from what i could tell. he looked excellent in his drills despite that significant weight gain. i think his forte is his leverage...how low to the ground he comes at you. tackles and guards just keep getting bigger and bigger every year, it seems. that's not only in weight, but also in height. guys like geno, donald, and jarrett come at you like a bowling ball, and those tall offensive linemen have a leverage disadvantage with players like that. grady's also helped by the fact that he's a former wrestler, and it's no doubt that's made him a better player in leveraging his opponents. really, really love this player.

More I think about it, Jarrett would make me very happy at 21.  So many question marks with OLinemen in this year's draft, why not go with a more sure thing?  

More I think about it, Jarrett would make me very happy at 21.  So many question marks with OLinemen in this year's draft, why not go with a more sure thing?

then go with Kendricks....great player, great kid, fills a legit need and impacts from day one.

seems like a no-brainer.

1. Andrus Peat T Stanford

2. Grady Jarrett DT Clemson

3. Tyler Lockett WR Kansas St

3. Kwon Alexander LB LSU

4. Jeff Heuerman TE OSU

6. Karlos Williams RB FSU

I still ahve to fit in the rest. I would want a Coverage Safety and a Guard with big league starter experience who falls. There is always one and he always ends up a long term starter in the league. Not sure who those guys are yet. 

My list is heavily influenced by many of you here. 

It's funny but the first 5 picks are exactly who I would pick, but I would swap Jarrett and Lockett round.

Archived