Andy Dalton's elite play a big reason Bengals are unbeaten

Just for the record because I know how this goes:

My reply was in regards to Andy getting nervous due to pressure.   Anyone watching that game could see it.   He was a big factor (not the only factor) in such a shitty performance by the offense.   He missed plays plain and simple.    To not have him in the top 5 of issues is just simply opening declaring that you'll never hold him accountable.

Which isn't a shock at all given the posting history and behavior of some. 

Just for the record because I know how this goes:

My reply was in regards to Andy getting nervous due to pressure.   Anyone watching that game could see it.   He was a big factor (not the only factor) in such a shitty performance by the offense.   He missed plays plain and simple.    To not have him in the top 5 of issues is just simply opening declaring that you'll never hold him accountable.

Which isn't a shock at all given the posting history and behavior of some. 

Yes if only everyone would just FASE THE REALTIES like yourself

hey look, more personal attacks. Kudos.

You seem to be arguing with yourself.  No one is absolving Dalton of any blame. 

Strawman.   I'm putting him in the top 5 reasons the offense performed poorly.   You are dancing around the issue with rationalization as usual.

Tell me about those 10 quarters of Texan defense again, lol. . 

That Texan defense gave up 9 passing TDs and 0 Ints to Bortles, Tannehill, and Hesselbeck.   Is it wrong to expect a QB that was playing at MVP level leading a top 10 offense to score 1 TD at home to preserve a tie for the AFC number 1 seed?   

Keep in mind no one has dumped that loss all on him.    Because I'm that's the next trick up the sleeve.    Don't be sending any personal messages out to board members inviting them to your utopia because somebody disagrees with your Dalton defense either.     Be a man and talk some football.   

I agree with you. The record this year speaks for itself. Bengals had been the rave of the NFL because Dalton was staying clean in the pocket. Dalton is basically a math problem. Pressure is inversely proportional to production. No pressure he's great. With pressure he's pedestrian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was nervous Andy for sure.      Up until Monday he was playing at MVP consideration level.    Now all of sudden he plays 1 bad game and you get a mile of rationalization from some posters.   It's odd.

Strawman.   I'm putting him in the top 5 reasons the offense performed poorly.   You are dancing around the issue with rationalization as usual.

That Texan defense gave up 9 passing TDs and 0 Ints to Bortles, Tannehill, and Hesselbeck.  

I'm still waiting for you to address any of my points from the original post, other than where Dalton ranks on it...but somehow you're more fixated on taking personal shots than actually discussing the game...

Sure is a lot of deflection from the issues of the game, outside of Dalton.  Not much talk about 5 drops, AJ's play (you didn't even bring that up), 7 offensive penalties, no run blocking, pass heavy scheme, and inconsistent pass pro.

I'm afraid I must decline.  First of all, please name for me a team like the Patriots that is not, in fact, the Patriots.  Perhaps the Bengals, who are all of 1 game behind them in the standings? Further, you see, I am a fan of the Bengals.  I am not a fan of the Patriots. That is why I am here, and not on Go-Patriots.com.  If I found myself constantly wishing the Bengals would be more like the Patriots, the simplest solution would seem to be following the Patriots.  If you refuse to do that, you're just going to have to accept some ridicule for constantly placing them on a pedestal. 

And yes, the current state of the NFL & its commish are a joke.  What is your point with that nonsense?  "Oh you blame the rain for it being wet out hurdurdur"

Well. yes. I blame a sleazy commissioner for the league lacking integrity.  Are you suggesting that they don't. or what? 

On a deeper level, why do you give a shit what I say or think?  Don't like it, move the fuck on with your day.  You're thankfully no longer in a position to censor anyone so these are your options;  Deal with it, or don't.

Ah yes the respecting other teams games = you aren't a fan of the Bengals.

VgMKgyZ.jpg

The ridicule you think you are doing with the TeamsLikeThePatriots thing really is only in your mind dude, I think its funny is so much as you are the only one doing it.

As to the integrity of the league, I guess I find the argument that you make regarding if you prefer TeamsLikeThePatriots in how they play while suggesting they are cheaters, and saying you are not a fan of the Bengals as such, rather funny in an ironic kind of way in so much as if you dont care for the integrity of the league.... why be a fan of it? ;)

Awww how cute you bring up my volunteeringly stepping down so you couldnt keep complaining about not being able to block me (when in fact you could), as an issue here. On a "deeper" level I'm laughing at you with this silly meme.

I guess in short....

Preview?imageID=5668613&generatorTypeID=

I'm still waiting for you to address any of my points from the original post, other than where Dalton ranks on it...but somehow you're more fixated on talking about me than the actual game...

Sure is a lot of talk about me, and about Dalton.  Not much talk about 5 drops, AJ's play (you didn't even bring that up), 7 offensive penalties, no run blocking, pass heavy scheme, and inconsistent pass pro.

I think the FACT the Texans allowed 9 passing TDs to Bortles, Hesselbeck, and Tannehill addresses everything you posted in defense of Dalton.

I guess you can't figure out there's a lot of focus on Dalton because that's the part you disagree with, lol.    I've listed Hue, drop and penalties as reasons to and to this point I don't think anybody has really tried to rationalize those away.

That Texan defense gave up 9 passing TDs and 0 Ints to Bortles, Tannehill, and Hesselbeck.   Is it wrong to expect a QB that was playing at MVP level leading a top 10 offense to score 1 TD at home to preserve a tie for the AFC number 1 seed?   

Keep in mind no one has dumped that loss all on him.    Because I'm that's the next trick up the sleeve.    Don't be sending any personal messages out to board members inviting them to your utopia because somebody disagrees with your Dalton defense either.     Be a man and talk some football.   

Not really getting in the middle of this one as I think there were a number of issues on Monday with the O and that Andy was one of them. But yeah that's is entirely his M/O

You seem to have confused me with one of the martyr complex posters running around here.  I DGAF if anyone else repeats things I say, I'm not running for office or trying to form a cult here. Oh you think your team should be more like (cheating aside) arguably the most successful franchise in pro sports with a veteran 1st ballot HoF QB?  What an amazing insight.  Keep comparing the Bengals to the Patriots & I will keep making fun of them.  It's really not that big of a deal.

I think the FACT the Texans allowed 9 passing TDs to Bortles, Hesselbeck, and Tannehill addresses everything you posted in defense of Dalton.

I guess you can't figure out there's a lot of focus on Dalton because that's the part you disagree with, lol.    I've listed Hue, drop and penalties as reasons to and to this point I don't think anybody has really tried to rationalize those away.

yes, defenses never make improvements, especially over bye weeks.  You sure seem convinced that the Texans couldn't have improved on D. :lol:

It was a perfect storm of mistakes on offense and a lot of people to blame.  Some bigger than others.  We'll agree to disagree on the rankings of blame.

Not really getting in the middle of this one as I think there were a number of issues on Monday with the O and that Andy was one of them. But yeah that's is entirely his M/O

Jamie chiming in to take a shot at another poster, why I never... :lol:

(oddly enough, Jamie has basically echoed my comments on what happened Monday...I guess he's rationalizing. :P )

You seem to have confused me with one of the martyr complex posters running around here.  I DGAF if anyone else repeats things I say, I'm not running for office or trying to form a cult here. Oh you think your team should be more like (cheating aside) arguably the most successful franchise in pro sports with a veteran 1st ballot HoF QB?  What an amazing insight.  Keep comparing the Bengals to the Patriots & I will keep making fun of them.  It's really not that big of a deal.

No it isn't, but much like I would like to see the US implement things other countries do that has proven to work.... but then saying that means I'm Anti-American (quite literally the same argument dude)... I just enjoy the 99% of your posts being an appeal to ridicule fallacy, it's cute in a sort of I know this guys is smarter than this as I have seen it, but he always falls into this trap of appeal to ridicule in a knee jerk sort of fashion, making his posts largely trite. 

Jamie chiming in to take a shot at another poster, why I never... :lol:

(oddly enough, Jamie has basically echoed my comments on what happened Monday...I guess he's rationalizing. :p)

You see this is largely the problem with this back and forth on the board between posters.

What you call "taking a shot" is simply me calling it as I see it, you know...truth telling. ;) (It's what I do when Andy is the problem...like he was for the Chargers playoff game, that some of you to this day will not admit, then demand everyone else admit that he is playing MVP right now...which by the way sans this game I have admitted....your turn)

Oh dont think just because I agree with you here doesnt mean you dont rationalize... you do...alot

You see this is largely the problem with this back and forth on the board between posters.

What you call "taking a shot" is simply me calling it as I see it, you know...truth telling. ;)

Oh dont think just because I agree with you here doesnt mean you dont rationalize... you do...alot

I do indeed.  I said Dalton had an average game and was poor on the deep ball.  Poor rationalizing me. :lol:

yes, defenses never make improvements, especially over bye weeks.  You sure seem convinced that the Texans couldn't have improved on D. :lol:

It was a perfect storm of mistakes on offense and a lot of people to blame.  Some bigger than others.  We'll agree to disagree on the rankings of blame.

The Texans improvement came at the expense of Dalton's and Bengals offesne decline and a horrible Titans offense.    The role of Dalton in that is something you seem interested in rationalizing away. 

The point originally made and that is correct is about Dalton seeing pressure and leaving plays on the field is demonstrated in the first few drives of the game.

1.  The first not converted 3rd down.  He gets pressure from the left.   This pressure came from a Houston stunt in which Gio falls down and amazingly didn't trip the rusher Whit was engaged with but actually froze Whit allowing Houston rusher to get the edge.    Dalton steps up and focuses on Gio regaining his feet and misses Eifert coming open to the same side.   This was a 3rd and 5.

2. The play directly following the Marvin Jones pass interference.   Play action involving read option.     Dalton elects to scramble with zero pressure.  Passing on Eifert locked one on one.   Hill coming open in the flat off the play action and  Marvin Jones beating his man as the Texan help rotates to AJ Green.   He got 7 with the scramble.  This was a big missed play IMO.  

3.  On a 3rd 9 (after a false start).  Dalton got pressure as Boling's man beat him.   However he did have time to set and throw and had Eifert and Jones coming open.   With Gio released as his man didn't blitz.   He elected to scramble which allowed Houston's zone to cover 3 Bengals with two and he didn't take the chance to convert the third with a throw to Jones/Eifert.    I'm guessing he didn't throw it to Jones  as it would have involved dropping it into a zone and he wasn't confident in doing that.    PUNT.    This could go either way, I file it under safe and sane and rely on your defense. 

The 3rd drive after losing field position to penalties.   Dalton makes two good throws (he might have missed a TD but completed it to Eifert.   Bad play call in a reverse, IMO.   But they did roll it against Cleveland a week before.   Maybe a case of going to the well I guess. 

I never said there were no other factors.  In fact took time to name some.    Just seems to me some posters are quick to remove Dalton when he did play a bad game and we all know it and it's odd considering they scored 0 TDs and Bortles, Tannehill, and Hesselbeck threw 9 TDs and 0 ints in 3 games.   

Do people consider talking football as the samething as Dalton hand holding? 

Archived