Munchak facing large fine for pulling Reggie's dreads

Mike Munchak facing 'significant fine' for pulling Reggie Nelson's hair

By Will Brinson / NFL Writer

One of the crazier moments in the Steelers Saturday night playoff victory over the Bengals was Pittsburgh offensive line coach and Hall of Famer Mike Munchak yanking on Reggie Nelson's hair.

According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, Munchak is facing a "significant fine" for the physical exchange with Nelson.

Mike_Munchak_Fined_Reggie_Nelson_Hair_Pu

Mike Munchak is going to be 'significantly' fined for pulling Nelson's hair. (USATSI)

Nelson went flying over to the sidelines during the game and ran into Munchak. In the heat of the moment, Munchak appeared to shove Nelson and grab at him.

hair.0.gif

A closer look at it showed Munchak -- pretty clearly -- grabbing at Nelson's hair.

coachpenalty.0.gif

In pretty amazing news, Munchak -- again a positional coach and a Hall of Fame player himself -- was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

When a guy who coaches up the offensive line is getting nailed for 15-yard penalties you know things have gotten wildly out of control in a football game.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444581

Maybe extreme, but I had one guy tell me today that the 2 point arm contact was some known way to inflict arm damage...and that some NBA player even got a broken arm from a similar maneuver?  Anybody know anything about that?  I'm not sure I see it really, other than it does look like some damage could be done to the elbow joint the way he contacted Reggie, i.e. push/pull simultaneously.

BS?

Archived