Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

2017 Season thread!!

99 posts in this topic

Arroyo homers off Arroyo.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its nice to see these spurts. The minors look pretty good right now as well. If Cozart keeps playing this way, they might have to try and hold onto him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JC said:

Its nice to see these spurts. The minors look pretty good right now as well. If Cozart keeps playing this way, they might have to try and hold onto him.

 

If he keeps playing well I really think they will trade him.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get that RF out of there!!!!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This inning should be over with only 1 run scored. If that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Save some for tomorrow guys.  Cueto is pitching.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we host the Evil Empire, fresh off sweeping the Cubs. Hopefully we can return the favor.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have a shot tonight considering the Yanks are coming off an 18 inning game that started at 8pm.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jason said:

I think we have a shot tonight considering the Yanks are coming off an 18 inning game that started at 8pm.

 

 

 

So much for that idea.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not the best player, but there is no more exciting player in MLB than Billy Hamilton.  I enjoy watching him more than any Red not named Johnny Cueto in a LONG time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arroyo has a 6.75 ERA but if I'm reading this correctly, has also pitched the most innings. 

 

Despite that they're only 2 games back and 1 under .500

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year's team is fun as hell to watch but damn...if only they had some stability and success from their starters we'd be rolling! We are at or near the top of the league in hitting, homers, defense and bullpen play. And probably the worst in all of baseball from a starting pitching standpoint. LOL. Can't have it all I guess.

 

It'll be interesting to watch the Toronto series with the DH and all...Cozart is our DH tonight.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about a power scooter.  Wow.

 

:lol: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was fun to watch. 4 HRs in 1 game makes history.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Cards......


04510d83-7037-4e3a-8922-9feee7694506_100

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good to see Pete honored and the video intro by Sparky was great!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to DC boys.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No lead is safe with this bunch

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2017 at 1:40 AM, T-Dub said:

No lead is safe with this bunch

 

Apparently, today it was.  Jamie and I were there.  You can thank him for the win.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/reds-activate-brandon-finnegan-move-bronson-arroyo-to-60-day-dl.html

 

The Reds announced Monday that they’ve activated lefty Brandon Finnegan from the 60-day DL and cleared a spot on the 40-man by transferring veteran right-hander Bronson Arroyo from the 10-day DL to the 60-day DL. Righty Lisalverto Bonilla was optioned to Triple-A Louisville to clear a spot on the active roster.

 

Finnegan, 24, has been out since April 15 with a shoulder injury and has made just three starts for Cincinnati this season. The absence of Finnegan and right-hander Anthony DeSclafani, who entered the year as the Reds’ top two starters, has been a massive factor in the team’s MLB-worst 6.19 rotation ERA.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2017 at 0:22 PM, Go Skins said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/reds-activate-brandon-finnegan-move-bronson-arroyo-to-60-day-dl.html

 

The Reds announced Monday that they’ve activated lefty Brandon Finnegan from the 60-day DL and cleared a spot on the 40-man by transferring veteran right-hander Bronson Arroyo from the 10-day DL to the 60-day DL. Righty Lisalverto Bonilla was optioned to Triple-A Louisville to clear a spot on the active roster.

 

Finnegan, 24, has been out since April 15 with a shoulder injury and has made just three starts for Cincinnati this season. The absence of Finnegan and right-hander Anthony DeSclafani, who entered the year as the Reds’ top two starters, has been a massive factor in the team’s MLB-worst 6.19 rotation ERA.

 

 

Over the long term you can't forget Homer Bailey eating up a large chunk of the payroll while spending the better part of two seasons on the DL.   Hopefully his return was a fluke and he can get his ERA down to below his current age.  I thought hitching their wagon to Bailey was a bad idea when he signed the contract, but I thought he would at least be playing.  That's one expensive hole in the rotation.

 

edit: 6 earned runs for Homer before he got the hook, Price ejected.  I smell smoke.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand trying to build for the future & all that, but at some point don't they have to stop trading away major league talent for magic beans? 

 

Or is the plan to become what amounts to a high-AAA farm team for everyone else?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhat off topic, but today's Washington Post has an article about best ballparks:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/07/11/how-thomas-boswell-ranked-all-30-mlb-ballparks-and-grouped-them-in-four-tiers/?utm_term=.235d1ad77309#comments

 

18. Cincinnati. People say it was built on the cheap. They say it looks like the circus came to town with pinwheels and riverboat restaurants above the outfield. They say the Ohio River beyond right field is brown. They say it’s an uphill walk back to downtown. They say … oh, gimme a break. I like it. It’s an enthusiastic homer-happy little park that feels open — to the sky, weather, views of the (muddy) river.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0