Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
MichaelWeston

Draft thoughts after Rd 1

Recommended Posts

1. I love Jonah Williams. He is a 10 year starter somewhere and possibly LT

2. Next years draft is supposed to be a great QB draft, We can see how Dalton does and then go from there. 

3. My big board for Day 2

 

LT Jawan Taylor

OL Dalton Risner

CB Greedy Williams

CB Byron Murphy

OL Cody Ford

TE Irv Smith

WR DK Metcalf

WR Deebo Samuel

DE Chase Winovich

T Greg Little

 

4. Some trade targets who saw their jobs go away today. 

1. Solomon Thomas

2. Kerry Joseph

3. Harrison Phillips

 

5. The LB Free Agents still available

 

OLB Flowers-Redskins 77 Hager-Rams 74.6 Collins-Browns 62.3 Harold-Lions 58.6
MLB Brown-Skins 89.2 Vigil-Skins 76.1 Pierre-Louis-Jets 71.7 Longacre-Rams 68.5
MLB Te'o-Saints 80.4 Bynes-Cardinals 75.8 Pullard-Chargers 71.6 Cash-Cardinals
OLB Compton-Titans 76.9 Copeland-Jets 67.4 Morgan-Titans 61.2  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we "need" a LB.But it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to go OL in the 2nd round.You can make the defense better by having an offense that can sustain drives.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LB fits in this draft now start in round 3. If they take one at 42 it is a reach. And I think Mack Wilson is not gonna be a good pro LB.

 

they can wait and still improve the LB room. Soooo much value where they pick in second round if they simply take their BPA - Juan Thornhill is a beast of a S - perennial all-pro. Some serious studs at WR - and if Cody ford falls to 42 I don’t see how you pass on him. Same with Risner.

 

i think the medicals on Jawaan Taylor are why he is falling. I would let him fall further before picking him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Risner at 42 would be sweet. LB in 3 sounds good also. Maybe bring in a Jamie Collins for a year or 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Jawaan Taylor still there? I thought he was supposed to go top 10. If he dropped for a reason, I would prefer Cody Ford. 

 

Also, there doesn't appear to be any LBs projected in the 2nd. Do we wait and maybe get Mack Wilson in the 3rd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Why is Jawaan Taylor still there? I thought he was supposed to go top 10. If he dropped for a reason, I would prefer Cody Ford. 

 

Also, there doesn't appear to be any LBs projected in the 2nd. Do we wait and maybe get Mack Wilson in the 3rd?

Some issues with a lingering knee injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, akiliMVP said:

Some issues with a lingering knee injury

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you look at the line now it's pretty well set. I like Ford and Risner as players, probably my top 2, and I think long term they make tons of sense. With other needs I think it doesn't fit. 

 

If I had to gamble I'd say corner here. 2 good ones left. Dre is a bit over rated and Dennard is on a 1 year deal. 

 

LT Glenn 21 Perkins 21  
LG Boling 20 Westerman 20  
C Price 23 Hopkins 20 Lundblade 21
RG Miller 22 Redmond 20  
RT Williams 25 Hart 22 Taylor 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

if you look at the line now it's pretty well set.

 

LOLWUT?

 

Because we drafted one rookie OT?  Glenn hasn't finished a season in several years, Hart was dogshit..  Price will probably get better but is still a question mark, nobody at RG is above replacement level and that's probably being generous.  A late-round pick would have a good chance of winning that spot.

 

That rookie we just drafted could potentially be starting in any one of 3 spots.  That doesn't add up to "pretty well set" IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

LOLWUT?

 

Because we drafted one rookie OT?  Glenn hasn't finished a season in several years, Hart was dogshit..  Price will probably get better but is still a question mark, nobody at RG is above replacement level and that's probably being generous.  A late-round pick would have a good chance of winning that spot.

 

That rookie we just drafted could potentially be starting in any one of 3 spots.  That doesn't add up to "pretty well set" IMO.

We drafted a 1st round tackle, re-signed a T for 3 years 21 million, signed a G for 3 years, Re-signed Hopkins and Redmond a year after drafting Price and trading for Glenn. The 9 people who we will likely keep are on the roster. 

 

That is pretty well set. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

We drafted a 1st round tackle, re-signed a T for 3 years 21 million, signed a G for 3 years, Re-signed Hopkins and Redmond a year after drafting Price and trading for Glenn. The 9 people who we will likely keep are on the roster. 

 

That is pretty well set. 

 

 

 

I am aware that we have a bunch of offensive linemen on the roster already.  The problem is that most of them aren't very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T-Dub said:

 

I am aware that we have a bunch of offensive linemen on the roster already.  The problem is that most of them aren't very good. 

They are not going to sign people and then cut them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

They are not going to sign people and then cut them. 

 

Well shit in that case you better tell them to stop drafting new people because we already have a full roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

Well shit in that case you better tell them to stop drafting new people because we already have a full roster

Not with that level of investment. Your being a jerk about this and it's not typical of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Not with that level of investment. Your being a jerk about this and it's not typical of you. 

 

 

Hey it's nothing personal.  My point is that we had 2 OT's under contract and just took another at the top of the draft.  I don't think we're so heavily invested in any of the other guys to prevent us from drafting a 2nd one or even a 3rd.  I think we extended Hart because we couldn't count on getting a replacement in the draft and the FO isn't willing to take that risk in FA.   The interior FA's we did sign would be depth on most teams anyway but at worst the rookies can back them up.  

 

Point being this was a pretty shitty OL before the draft and one OT didn't immediately change that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×